• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Boston Celtics vs Washington Wizards

Who ya got

• Celtics in 4 or 5

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Celtics in 6 or 7

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Wiz in 4 or 5

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Wiz in 6 or 7

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice post Gman and same TLF. Game of adjustments and IT and Horford really changed Celtics offense. Double picks (by IT!) n the high post with Horford as the distributor. Very interesting that IT would/could bring value in new ways. Thats what playoff experience is about. Al Horford has been amazing in this playoffs. His game is going to another level. This win IMO is because of these adjustments and big Al doing all the smart things
a lot of people jumped on Horford early in the playoffs- but overall he has been really freaking good. A lot of crow to be eaten out there.

Hes def. still one of the better players in the EAst

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it's going 7 all right. Washington is going to blow the Celtics out in game 6. MAYBE we'll have a close game seven in the Garden, but I doubt it with the way Washington is so darn streaky.

Early in the game...Wall was pushing it to the rack but had no cutters to dish to so (they were standing around) he ended up with a lot of bad attempts that were defended well. Couple that with nobody hitting open shots for WAS...Celtics were able to pull away early without IT having to do much on OFC.

I just don't see enough from either roster to best CLE 4 times.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of people jumped on Horford early in the playoffs- but overall he has been really freaking good. A lot of crow to be eaten out there.

Al is very good in a role...but you can't lean on him to score when you really need it. Smart player, but too limited for the money he makes imo, but that's the new NBA.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I didn't like was the NBA fining Isaiah Thomas merely because he threatened to fuck the shit out of a fan. It was classless shit for a fan to be heckling the dude so soon after his sister's death. I realize that heckling his part of the game and the mentality is if it's part of the game - he is an open target, but anyone who has been through that knows Isaiah is still going through something and a small allowance should be made and if a fan is going to be allowed to do that shit - then the players should at minimum be allowed to flip the fan the bird and say a few words. I guess I wouldn't no money left if I played in the NBA - having no self control or talent:pound:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah but it is still only one series. He is usually just pedestrian player. I will give it to him, a great series for him

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sheet I just want to see Celts win 2. They still have no answer for LBJ. But, Celts are young and assets should help us fill the holes

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's def. still one of the better players in the EAst

But................

But................

I thought you said no big time free agent would EVER sign with Boston ????

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rest assured, neither team is gonna have much in the tank for Cleveland.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards just played a terrible game. This is why I can't take them seriously as anything resembling a contender. You can't give away games like this. THey never showed up in what was easily their biggest game of the season to date. I don't get it.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizards just played a terrible game. This is why I can't take them seriously as anything resembling a contender. You can't give away games like this. THey never showed up in what was easily their biggest game of the season to date. I don't get it.
Again... the lack of defense by the Wiz is just glaring. 3 away games vs the C's... 3 times surrendering 120+.

And it's not like Boston is an offensive dynamo, either. The C's are decent on O... and have some bread and butter with the whole "hand the ball to Isaiah and spread the floor with shooters" thing... but they aren't a juggernaut by any stretch.

Yet, the Wiz are giving point opportunities away like candy. It simply shouldn't happen with the number of versatile guys on the Wiz roster and the clear potential for better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... the lack of defense by the Wiz is just glaring. 3 away games vs the C's... 3 times surrendering 120+.

And it's not like Boston is an offensive dynamo, either. The C's are decent on O... and have some bread and butter with the whole "hand the ball to Isaiah and spread the floor with shooters" thing... but they aren't a juggernaut by any stretch.

Yet, the Wiz are giving point opportunities away like candy. It simply shouldn't happen with the number of versatile guys on the Wiz roster and the clear potential for better.

Agreed.

Win or lose, I am not happy with the team's consistency of effort. They will never compete with elite teams playing that way.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I didn't like was the NBA fining Isaiah Thomas merely because he threatened to fuck the shit out of a fan. It was classless shit for a fan to be heckling the dude so soon after his sister's death. I realize that heckling his part of the game and the mentality is if it's part of the game - he is an open target, but anyone who has been through that knows Isaiah is still going through something and a small allowance should be made and if a fan is going to be allowed to do that shit - then the players should at minimum be allowed to flip the fan the bird and say a few words. I guess I wouldn't no money left if I played in the NBA - having no self control or talent:pound:

You can't have players doing this and if you make an exception for IT given the circumstances you open up a whole can of worms. The next guy could say his mother's sick, he is going through a divorce, whatever. No the best way is just to have a rule for everyone regardless of circumstance.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a chance. And Golden State will probably run the table without a loss in the west. And that is why the NBA sucks. We knew since last summer that Golden State will play Cleveland in the Finals. These games are entertaining but in the end completely pointless.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But................

But................

I thought you said no big time free agent would EVER sign with Boston ????
hes literally the BEST free agent to sign with the Boston Celtics in well over 2 decades- and its not as if he is a guy who is a current all star------

but he is pretty darn good.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes literally the BEST free agent to sign with the Boston Celtics in well over 2 decades- and its not as if he is a guy who is a current all star------

but he is pretty darn good.

Fuck, I started thinking like Wiggy. Shit fuck.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping Boston can take care of business this evening. Although I think Washington evens the series.

CELTICS IN SEVEN!!!

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CELTICS IN SEVEN!!!

I think it will depend a lot on Beal. (it would also help if Morris could make an outside shot) Washington did it a few times in Game 5 -- don't remember it in Game 6 -- where they attack IT every time with Beal. (at least a few possessions in a row) It will be interesting to see if Wiz focus on that early -- then how Cs respond.