• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2nd Round: Boston Celtics vs Toronto Raptors

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet the Celtics are literally at worst just as good with or without Gordon and statistically have actually done better without him lol

That is fine.

Gordon is basically a role player for them.

Blake would actually make them worse.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes the only reason I would want to make the trade is for the salary dump

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet two years ago Blake had a better three point percentage, and is a significantly better passer and rebounder while being on a much worse team and being the focal point of opposing defenses

I don't dispute overall that Hayward is likely to be a better shooter but that is literally his only edge and it isn't near as significant as how much better Griffin is at everything else.

Now yes....this past season Blake was awful...but if he's the 18/19 form...he's a way more complete player.

I'm really just arguing to argue. I think it's hilarious people are sticking up for a guy who has added precisely nothing to a franchise for three years. Even for as much as I bang on Blake for his fragility he's the only reason Detroit made the playoffs in 18/19

Can Blake guard wing type players in space?

Can he protect the rim from the 5 position?

Can he create his own shot off the dribble?

His skills are great. But they don’t fit Boston’s 4 guard system. They would have to totally change the way they play to incorporate him.

And based on how his teams have fared over the course of his career, that isn’t a good thing.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course.

And the Celtics aren’t your buyer.

Most likely not. But how quickly we forget this is the very conversation from 2017. And yes that's pre-Tatum is a stud dialogue so that does change the dynamic.

Obviously if the C's go on to the NBA Finals they probably aren't looking to rock the boat.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely not. But how quickly we forget this is the very conversation from 2017. And yes that's pre-Tatum is a stud dialogue so that does change the dynamic.

Obviously if the C's go on to the NBA Finals they probably aren't looking to rock the boat.

It is kind of amazing how much the league has changed in 3 years though.

And like you said, back then, the Celtics didn’t have an identity yet. They do now.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet the Celtics are literally at worst just as good with or without Gordon and statistically have actually done better without him lol

Really? I knew about the Celtics playing better without that flat Earther jackass Kyrie. Better without Hayward? Interesting. But I still wouldn't trade him for Griffin.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I knew about the Celtics playing better without that flat Earther jackass Kyrie. Better without Hayward? Interesting. But I still wouldn't trade him for Griffin.

I'm not looking at advanced stats or anything here but the results on the floor have not been affected at all.

Last year they had a healthy Hayward and as you said him along with Kyrie seemed to stunt Brown/Tatum

We can all agree Kemba is a much better fit than Kyrie

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Danny ainge wants his grave to say "I had 947 first round picks and all I got was a T shirt" though.

I'm rooting for the C's. Really like Tatum/Brown and that's tough for a Pistons fan.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not looking at advanced stats or anything here but the results on the floor have not been affected at all.

Last year they had a healthy Hayward and as you said him along with Kyrie seemed to stunt Brown/Tatum

Oh there's no question Kemba's a better fit than Kyrie. It's not often a player the caliber of Kyrie leaves a team and they don't skip a beat. Which speaks volumes of Kyrie's abilities on the floor as a true leader.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have though, IMO.

Celtics are playing great basketball. So it might not show in the stats.

But, if Hayward were playing, it means fewer minutes for guys like Wanamaker and no minutes for guys like Grant Williams.

The Celts don’t really have a good bench guard right now. Hayward allows Stevens to give his 5 best players (Tatum, Brown, Kemba, Smart and Hayward) almost all of the minutes at 1-4.

That makes the Celtics better.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have though, IMO.

Celtics are playing great basketball. So it might not show in the stats.

But, if Hayward were playing, it means fewer minutes for guys like Wanamaker and no minutes for guys like Grant Williams.

The Celts don’t really have a good bench guard right now. Hayward allows Stevens to give his 5 best players (Tatum, Brown, Kemba, Smart and Hayward) almost all of the minutes at 1-4.

That makes the Celtics better.

That statement should be the case. I just gotta question if they keep Gordon or try to make a bigger move with him on an expiring deal. I don't know.

I know it's dumb to have this conversation now because they should be up 3-0 and rolling into the eastern finals but it will be interesting in the off-season.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh there's no question Kemba's a better fit than Kyrie. It's not often a player the caliber of Kyrie leaves a team and they don't skip a beat. Which speaks volumes of Kyrie's abilities on the floor as a true leader.

He's not a leader. Simple as that. KD gonna have to be the heart and soul of the Nets or they will just be a really talented team with no direction.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a leader. Simple as that. KD gonna have to be the heart and soul of the Nets or they will just be a really talented team with no direction.

The Nets are screwed. They have the two most unhappiest players in the league. I can't wait to see this trainwreck get started.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets are screwed. They have the two most unhappiest players in the league. I can't wait to see this trainwreck get started.

NS, seems like a certainty right?

Last edited by a moderator:

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics have to be happy with the way things are looking. They have a legitimate chance to win the championship if they can get to the Finals and they don't have to face LeBron.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics have to be happy with the way things are looking. They have a legitimate chance to win the championship if they can get to the Finals and they don't have to face LeBron.

They'd rather face LeBron than Kawhi

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy (4).gif