• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2nd Round: Boston Celtics vs Toronto Raptors

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to try to move him

I still say Blake for Gordon is a win win

No way.

Hayward has been disappointing considering his contract.

But he fits them a hell of a lot better than Blake Griffin does.

Nice try though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah its on brown. Picture doesn't tell the real story

I disagree.

If you have to put it on 1 person, it was Nick Nurse out coaching Brad Stevens.

Celtics were in a zone look (which I absolutely hate) Nurse designed his play to engage both Theis and Tatum on the strong side leaving Brown responsible for the middle.

So nobody was left to guard OG.

Nurse anticipated the zone look and dialed up the perfect play.

Playing zone with .5 on the clock is unconscionable, IMO. Man up, switch everything and make sure you get a good contest. Really, a good contest could even prevent the shooter from getting an attempt off with so little time.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good game. Just not the outcome I was hoping for.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raps just won the series .

Wouldnt that be crazy after one bad coaching move by Stevens...honestly thought it was more than one play. Nurse outcoached him that game

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing a zone with .5 is hilarious. Some coaches overthink things. Then Tacko is over here moving around letting Lowry see the his options. Fall shouldnt be in, I dont care how tall you are

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to try to move him

I still say Blake for Gordon is a win win

No.

Non. french

Nein. german

Nao. portuguese

Nyet. russian

Khong. vietnamese

Ne. macedonian

Nej. swedish

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So people actually think Gordon Hayward is better than Blake?

And I actually think him sliding at the the 4 and his ability to play the 5 suits the Celtics better than having a semi redundancy with Tatum/Brown.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he is. Not that Blake's not good, he is. But he's pretty much been a lot of empty stats for most of his career.

He's not the "good player putting up numbers on a bad team" type player, because he's put up good numbers on some good Clippers teams. But he was also a big part of why that team couldn't get out of the 2nd round.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I actually think him sliding at the the 4 and his ability to play the 5 suits the Celtics better than having a semi redundancy with Tatum/Brown.

Is he a better player?

I don’t know.

But the Celtics style hinges around a 4 shooters/ball handlers on the court at all times. Hayward is a big wing capable of of guarding bigger players. He can handle the ball and shoot. He fits the Celtics system to a T.

They don’t want a 4. 4s are going the way of the dinosaur.

Face it, nobody wants Blake Griffin.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, how much do the Celtics lose defensively playing Blake at the 5?

They already have a poor defender option in Kanter. And he is really a matchup play.

Thies and Williams fit just fine for what the Celtics need.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gordon's a better fit for the Celtics. He spreads the floor out more. Better 3 point shooter too. I don't see Blake as an upgrade for the Celtics. If they wanna upgrade the frontcourt it's not at the SF/PF position. It's at C.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he a better player?

I don’t know.

But the Celtics style hinges around a 4 shooters/ball handlers on the court at all times. Hayward is a big wing capable of of guarding bigger players. He can handle the ball and shoot. He fits the Celtics system to a T.

They don’t want a 4. 4s are going the way of the dinosaur.

Face it, nobody wants Blake Griffin.

To me, Blake is kind of like Melo.

For me, Melo was always one of those players where fans were excited to have him on their team because he was a great talent...but then they'd find that he just didn't add the value they thought they were getting.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon was on a team with four other all stars last year and they were worse than the year before and this one lol

Healthy player for player I don't think it's even a question Blake is better. The only argument I can see is that Blake has two years and Gordon one. And injuries of course...but neither has been good there of late.

I find this conversation remarkable lol. All stars, stats,. Outside of threes it's no comparison lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon was on a team with four other all stars last year and they were worse than the year before and this one lol

Healthy player for player I don't think it's even a question Blake is better. The only argument I can see is that Blake has two years and Gordon one. And injuries of course...but neither has been good there of late.

I find this conversation remarkable lol. All stars, stats,. Outside of threes it's no comparison lol

Then why do you want to make this trade so bad?

Bottom line, Blake is a horrible fit for the modern game. Hayward is not.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's more to it than stats.

A guy can be a really good player, but not be good, or as good, with a specific team.

Whether Blake is a better player than Hayward doesn't matter because Hayward fits the Celtics better than Blake does.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A guy can be a really good player, but not be good, or as good, with a specific team.

Whether Blake is a better player than Hayward doesn't matter because Hayward fits the Celtics better than Blake does.

Look at Boston's Daniel Theis. Heard this during game 2 but forgot to mention it. The broadcasters said in defensive +/- he's # 2 in the league.

If someone would have asked me who's second in the league in that category no way would I have even though of him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ChiefsLakers67

Just thought of this. Seems to me that each time I see yer boy <---:dhd: LAbron he gots less 'n less hair.

James Hardens beard is ridiculous looking and needs trimmed in the worst way.
Would Hardens extra beard hair be a good replacement product for LAbron and his balding dome?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just wanna say thanks for saying what I already said in comment # 251. Hayward is a better fit for the Celtics.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet the Celtics are literally at worst just as good with or without Gordon and statistically have actually done better without him lol

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why do you want to make this trade so bad?

Bottom line, Blake is a horrible fit for the modern game. Hayward is not.

Yet two years ago Blake had a better three point percentage, and is a significantly better passer and rebounder while being on a much worse team and being the focal point of opposing defenses

I don't dispute overall that Hayward is likely to be a better shooter but that is literally his only edge and it isn't near as significant as how much better Griffin is at everything else.

Now yes....this past season Blake was awful...but if he's the 18/19 form...he's a way more complete player.

I'm really just arguing to argue. I think it's hilarious people are sticking up for a guy who has added precisely nothing to a franchise for three years. Even for as much as I bang on Blake for his fragility he's the only reason Detroit made the playoffs in 18/19