• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: 1) Celtics vs 4) Cavs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not

You guys should’ve been up in arms about him getting 2ns team all nba and stealing money

That was definitely less defensible than anything jokic related

But you all don’t because you know it hurts the Celtics
I mean Brown has been the better player this postseason by quite a bit and he guards the better player usually. Tatum is the better facilitator and rebounder but I bet his usage rate is higher as well.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I still agree with what he said but he has also praised Mobley in the past. Mobley stepped up last night but we have waiting for this moment in the postseason. It seems like he had opportunities but was a bit shy at times.
He can dominate when he wants to he just needs to realize this. Mitchell after the game gave a shout out to Mobley, I thought that was pretty cool and hopefully gives the kid confidence to keep doing this consistently.
In a weird sort of way no Allen hurts the Cavs in the short term. However, it could be that his absence is the pathway to tapping into the potential of Mobley and the impetus to him asserting himself now that he’s out. He’s kind of forced to step up and he can’t take a complimentary role.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think they’ve taken off as much as:
1. Their defense is susceptible without Zinger
2. They aren’t making shots in a make/miss league.
3. Crazy good shot luck to the tune of 9-14 in 2nd half for Cavs from 3
Not sure it's luck but So obvious what we need and works the other way around as to how most think.....making shots and getting some stops gives a team energy (and the other team will become lethargic).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a weird sort of way no Allen hurts the Cavs in the short term. However, it could be that his absence is the pathway to tapping into the potential of Mobley and the impetus to him asserting himself now that he’s out. He’s kind of forced to step up and he can’t take a complimentary role.
I totally get what you are saying. When one big is one the floor they can spread the floor...the problem is they have not been shooting the ball well and playing as a team. When they do that they are very dangerous. How often will we see this though? that is the issue

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not opposed to dealing Garland but it's easier said than done for a couple reasons...

1) a lot more good PGs than what we need that would be available
2) seems in most deals one team is trying to compete (us) and the other looking to rebuild. Rebuilding teams don't generally take on future salary like Garland has, especially after a down season.

Not sure how much it matters....but despite reports my guess is DM does like playing with DG and would want him around. Just a guess.

Utah would be an interesting one.

But would probably need a 3rd team. But they have the picks to make it work

San Antonio would be another spot

Sign and trade for Paul George…

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors lost by 40 to Memphis on their 2022 title run and Memphis was missing guys too
One day fans will understand that these blowouts don't necessarily mean all that much in the playoffs as to what it means for future games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah would be an interesting one.

But would probably need a 3rd team. But they have the picks to make it work

San Antonio would be another spot

Sign and trade for Paul George…
Have heard NO for Ingram get a mention, too. Interesting but his injury history would be concerning.

Depending how this series goes could also see running it back with some minor additions.....when healthy this season (more specifically with Mitchell healthy) this team was really good.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was a good, old-fashioned ass-kicking.

I thought Cleveland played harder... and the C's were listless, especially on the defensive end. Some relatively simple action with Mobley off the ball was cashing out over and over and over again. And while the Cavs were scrapping to fight off screens on defense, Boston was playing passive and giving up both open 3's and easy rim shots.

The Cav's got more offense than the banged-up Heat did... so if the Celtics don't play the game the right way there is more potential to get burned...

... and burned is what they got last night.

On to G3.
agree but to me it was our hitting shots and getting some stops led to more energy and playing harder.......like it did for the Cs in game 1.

And of course being on the other end leads to being lethargic like we were game 1, Cs in game 2.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have heard NO for Ingram get a mention, too. Interesting but his injury history would be concerning.

Depending how this series goes could also see running it back with some minor additions.....when healthy this season (more specifically with Mitchell healthy) this team was really good.

Magic could use garland but not sure on a trade match

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a marginal defensive number? sure
it was points, rebounds, assists, overall shooting, 3 point shooting and O and D net rating.

so when asked if we were talking shooting % seemed like mentioning what was mentioned should have been included.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it becomes the worst time when Allen isn't available because it hurts the team so much. Any time he is injured is a bad time. Time to draft a backup big perhaps.
Maybe....but we could have gotten by with TT and Wade. Missing Wade a killer.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I still agree with what he said but he has also praised Mobley in the past. Mobley stepped up last night but we have waiting for this moment in the postseason. It seems like he had opportunities but was a bit shy at times.
He can dominate when he wants to he just needs to realize this. Mitchell after the game gave a shout out to Mobley, I thought that was pretty cool and hopefully gives the kid confidence to keep doing this consistently.
Heard the Mitchell shoutout too. while he can shoot more when he gets it since he's a center (or PF) getting him often depends on Mitchell or Garland passing to him. They definitely noticed his mismatches and he took advantage.

Like you it's hard to believe we win the series but with Wade and/or Allen could at least make it interesting. I don't think we see Allen on the court.