• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

26 players to attend the NFL Draft

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-the-draft-and-all-should-get-drafted-early/

They are, in alphabetical order: Alabama safety Mark Barron; Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon; LSU defensive tackle Michael Brockers; LSU cornerback Morris Claiborne; North Carolina defensive end Quinton Coples; Mississippi State defensive tackle Fletcher Cox; Stanford tight end Coby Fleener; Notre Dame receiver Michael Floyd; South Carolina cornerback Stephon Gilmore; Georgia tackle Cordy Glenn; Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III; Alabama linebacker Dont’a Hightower; Georgia Tech receiver Stephen Hill; South Carolina defensive end Melvin Ingram; USC tackle Matt Kalil; Alabama cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick; Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck; Boise State linebacker Shea McClellin; USC defensive end Nick Perry; Memphis defensive tackle Dontari Poe; LSU receiver Rueben Randle; Alabama running back Trent Richardson; Penn State defensive tackle Devon Still; Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill; Alabama linebacker Courtney Upshaw; Baylor receiver Kendall Wright.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By far the most thing I hate about the draft. I wish it would go back to 6 or 7 invitees.

Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin
Matt Kalil
Justin Blackmon
Morris Claiborne
Trent Richardson

Those are the only ones that should be at the draft.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hate that it's 3 days now. I get why. The draft is a tv event, but as a diehard fan who watches every pick, I preferred to be through in 2 days.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate that it's 3 days now. I get why. The draft is a tv event, but as a diehard fan who watches every pick, I preferred to be through in 2 days.

Ding. Ding. Ding. I strongly dislike the tailoring of sporting events to the common fan. I get the need and desire for it. I just don't like it. Making it a primetime event during the week actually makes me angry each year and it has NOTHING to do with it being a bad time for me, having to stay up later during the week or anything like that. In fact, it would bring me alot of joy if it were at odd hours to take away some of the common fans who follow the event. I don't like seeing it becoming this huge spectacle with more fans and more access that causes even more speculation from common fans.

The only other thing I have to add is that I don't like how they reduced the number of minutes a team is on the clock for each round. (Now 10 minutes in round one instead of 15. 7 minutes down from 10 in round two and then 5 minutes in rounds 3-7). I have yet to run into ANYBODY who will agree with me on that, though.

The last thing that gets to me is how they now bring in former athletes and other people to announce a number of the picks beyond the first round. It almost always takes some of the attention away from the actual player that was chosen. I suppose of anything I'm ranting about this is the one I can live with the easiest, but I would do away with that whole nonsense if I had the power to do so.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I hate how they show the person on the phone before the pick is announced. Takes away all the suspense.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate how they show the person on the phone before the pick is announced. Takes away all the suspense.

Ugh, yes. I'd rep you but it says I've given too much out the last 24 hrs.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, yes. I'd rep you but it says I've given too much out the last 24 hrs.

I got him for you.

I feel the same way. I heard them talking about it on the radio with, Herm Edwards maybe? He was saying how they were talking about getting rid of cell phones in the green room, but the problem is that the coaches like to call the players personally and they don't want to lose that. Now, it is not only that they invite 37 players, all of their families, a few mascots, and the girl they will probably cheat on their wife with....but they have a camera at the homes of half the rest of the players as well. So even into the middle rounds, they are giving the picks away.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

+1000

How the hell can they think that's a good idea? Unless there's a trade or something, there's no point in even announcing the pick after showing the guy celebrate or cry or whatever. Total buzzkill.

Appropriately Repped!

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I can see how the coaches would like to call the players and inform them. The networks need to not show it live at that time. Video it and after the pick you can show their reaction. As a fan it pissed you off.

On a side not, my brother and a few friends are going to throw in $20 a piece and who ever gets the most picks right wins the cash.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side not, my brother and a few friends are going to throw in $20 a piece and who ever gets the most picks right wins the cash.

Pay close attention to Rick Gosselin's mock draft if you are involved in the pot. He's been the most accurate mocker over the past 5 or so years.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's another one that I disagree with the majority on. I'm good with teams being able to contact the player wherever he might be as soon as they make the decision. I don't care one bit about suspense or what it adds for normal fans. I'm pro team or pro insiders than pro fan in many different ways. I don't have great reasons why I feel this way but I just despise turning the event into this huge spectacle even though it makes sense for NFL business.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By far the most thing I hate about the draft. I wish it would go back to 6 or 7 invitees.

Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin
Matt Kalil
Justin Blackmon
Morris Claiborne
Trent Richardson

Those are the only ones that should be at the draft.

I agree completely with this. Fleener, Rueben Randle, Shea McClellin do they really need/want to be there waiting and waiting however long it takes, maybe until the next day to get picked? Are they even sure 5 WRs will be taken on the first day?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Pay close attention to Rick Gosselin's mock draft if you are involved in the pot. He's been the most accurate mocker over the past 5 or so years.

Thanks for the heads up. If I win, I buy this.... QAD Ultra-Rest HDX Arrow Rest | QAD Arrow Rests | Quality Archery Bows

Would be a great addition to my bow. Also great because my friends dad won a hunting trip to southern Ohio and asked me to go with. 6 total guys going hunting. Need to be on top of my game. For my own confidence and for the respect of the deer.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's another one that I disagree with the majority on. I'm good with teams being able to contact the player wherever he might be as soon as they make the decision. I don't care one bit about suspense or what it adds for normal fans. I'm pro team or pro insiders than pro fan in many different ways. I don't have great reasons why I feel this way but I just despise turning the event into this huge spectacle even though it makes sense for NFL business.

I'm with you on the fact that they should contact the players personally, but I don't like the coverage or bringing in so many players. If you have 6 guys at the draft, then there are only 6 picks that can have the "suspense ruined." But now that they have 26 or whatever at the draft, and a camera in front of another 25. If you are putting something on TV, then it should have be entertaining. From that aspect, you want to create drama and suspense. From home shopping networks to the NFL Draft, that is how it is done. I understand that the draft is about the players and teams and a business, but the second you put it on TV for fans, it became a TV show on top of those other things. When they are trying to create suspense then they cut to a guy on the phone smiling giving everything away, there is no longer suspense and, to me, not very entertaining. It is like watching a really intense scene in a movie but the camera man had his camera too far to the left and you see half the crew.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't mind that they have more prospects at the draft, I think its kinda cool to see them come across the stage and pick up their new gear. I'm sure it is an amazing experience for those guys as well.

I'm with you guys on every other issue though. I hate that it is 3 days now, I try to watch every pick every year but this makes it much harder for me as I have to set more time aside for it.

I also hate when they show the guys on the phone, I would rather be in suspense until it is announced. It kinda feels like a chance for an "I told you so" moment, where the hosts call the pick before the announcer.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over/Under 20 pairs

hipster-glasses.jpg

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Sports Illustrated's Richard Deitsch first reported Wednesday that the NFL, NFL Network and ESPN are discussing ways to avoid revealing top draft picks to viewers before they're announced."

Ahhhh, does this really need a discussion? You decide to not do it and then you just stop doing it - What is the point of discussion?