• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

25 most Charitable Athletes in 2015... Only one NFL player

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"im so sick of non football threads on the nfl board"

@HammerDown make it stop!

This is actually one worth reading. Good to see these guys giving back. And as much as Sherman does have the rough exterior at times he definitely has a good heart.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindsey Vonn is on that list, but Tiger Woods isn't??? TW is a freakin' dbag.

On another note...I have such a huge crush on Ronda Rousey.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid list is stupid. Look at the criteria they used. Notice they have Mone Davis on the list. I wouldn't expect NFL players on a list like this. They have the shortest career, lowest % guaranteed money, and highest injury risk of any athletes. They are also the only ones who cover their face with equipment so besides the few transcendent superstars, many even hard core fans won't recognize even their own teams starting players. And if they do anything to call attention to themselves like a dance or colored shoes or anything they get fined by their own league.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is actually one worth reading. Good to see these guys giving back. And as much as Sherman does have the rough exterior at times he definitely has a good heart.

It's great these athletes are giving back...but, it's hard to really quantify this list because many players have their own charities and choose not to publicize it.

Warrick Dunn has been building homes for single mothers for probably 10+ years now. Got to be well into the millions he has donated.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's great these athletes are giving back...but, it's hard to really quantify this list because many players have their own charities and choose not to publicize it.

Warrick Dunn has been building homes for single mothers for probably 10+ years now. Got to be well into the millions he has donated.

Oh I agree I think there are plenty of these guys that do lots of behind the scenes work. Like I said just good to see these players using their fame for something beyond themselves.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindsey Vonn is on that list, but Tiger Woods isn't??? TW is a freakin' dbag.

On another note...I have such a huge crush on Ronda Rousey.

You are clueless. You can dog Tiger Woods for his extramarital affairs & other behavior. However - he donates quite a bit of time & money towards charity. His Tiger Woods foundation does wonders & the facilities in Anaheim & DC help a lot of for kids mainly off the course. He also hosts his yearly tourney that raises a lot of money for vets & lets them in for free or at a discount & recognizes them regularly during the tourney & at other times.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are clueless. You can dog Tiger Woods for his extramarital affairs & other behavior. However - he donates quite a bit of time & money towards charity. His Tiger Woods foundation does wonders & the facilities in Anaheim & DC help a lot of for kids mainly off the course. He also hosts his yearly tourney that raises a lot of money for vets & lets them in for free or at a discount & recognizes them regularly during the tourney & at other times.

Apparently he doesn't do as much as Lindsey Vonn though and yes, he's a dbag.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently he doesn't do as much as Lindsey Vonn though and yes, he's a dbag.

Can't defend his douceness, that's well earned...not to discredit Von's charitable efforts, but imo they pale in comparison to what TW has done...now, he might leave $20 tip for $150 meal (too cheap for his wallet) but he reaches out for kids.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid list is stupid. Look at the criteria they used. Notice they have Mone Davis on the list. I wouldn't expect NFL players on a list like this. They have the shortest career, lowest % guaranteed money, and highest injury risk of any athletes. They are also the only ones who cover their face with equipment so besides the few transcendent superstars, many even hard core fans won't recognize even their own teams starting players. And if they do anything to call attention to themselves like a dance or colored shoes or anything they get fined by their own league.
Which might reason why Richard Sherman didn't get named with these atheletes: The list contains 20 athletes that use their star power for good and includes such household names as Neymar (No. 5), LeBron James (No. 6), Maria Sharapova (No. 8), Little League World Series phenom Mo'ne Davis (No. 9) and Ronda Rousey (No. 14), among others.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which might reason why Richard Sherman didn't get named with these atheletes: The list contains 20 athletes that use their star power for good and includes such household names as Neymar (No. 5), LeBron James (No. 6), Maria Sharapova (No. 8), Little League World Series phenom Mo'ne Davis (No. 9) and Ronda Rousey (No. 14), among others.

Richard Sherman is No. 10.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Richard Sherman is No. 10.

And my afternoon just took a turn for the better.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their post only highlighted these five from the list of 20.

Probably should have read the whole article before spouting off, huh?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably should have read the whole article before spouting off, huh?
Me or you? I did the writer only selected the 5 I mentioned as household names? I personally think Sherman is nore of a household name than at least three that got mentioned.

realityball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me or you? I did the writer only selected the 5 I mentioned as household names? I personally think Sherman is nore of a household name than at least three that got mentioned.

There's readin' ... then there's comprehendin' ...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little League World Series phenom Mo'ne Davis (No. 9)

How did she make this list?

As far as Tiger Woods is considered, yes he is a dbag and terrible with relationships but the dude does give to charities and as ATL mentioned his foundation does a TON!