• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

24 Minute NBA Draft Chat

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

You definitely have a huge advantage with your 1-2 punch bc those guys are unguardable. Just play 2 vs 5. PLEASE!

All these teams are great, in fact, I hate breaking down Pippen, but I think WLK put it best, when Jordan was off playing baseball, Pippen quit on his team in the playoffs and Jackson called "The Waiter's" number over Pippens at crunch time.

To knock McGrady because he never won anything is laughable. Put McGrady on those teams with Jordan and Pippen on the Magic, and Pippen never wins Jack shit.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With no MJ

I would think a Laker fan would understand Batman and Robin. Sure great analogy, but Kobe and Shaq both were top 15-20 players as well. So the Robin ain't too bad at all.

Pipp pouted cuz he wanted to take the shot. Phil drew up a different play where Pipp would be the decoy and Toni would take the shot. It was one game. Plenty of games where Pipp hit shots.

Pipp was the ultimate team player. Could guard anyone and play PG or SF. He's not my #1 option anyway, he's more of a shutdown defender. He was a slasher/great defender that could get you around 20.

1) if I posted all those numbers, don't you think I knew MJ wasn't there...? Not sure what you're point was...

2) I'm not sure exactly what Shaq and Kobe has to do with this... Shaq was the best most dominant player in the NBA at the time he was on the Lakers, he was Batman... When he left Kobe won 3 rings as Batman, Pip won dees nuts as Batman...

3) how can Pip be the ultimate team player when he sat on the bench pouting when he was asked to be a team player...?:scratch:

4) again the only players I recall from your team is Pip, Baylor and Mutombo, and Squid... Squid plays the 2, Baylor and Pip play the 3 not sure how you want to work that out but I know what I would do... As far as D goes, if you go through all the other drafts we had I've made the same arguments as you are now, but I had better players and still lost... You need some top 50 scorers to go with your top 50 defenders...:noidea:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I an interested in peoples' strategies. Do you fill up your first squad or spread the wealth and put some on the 2nd squad. I am still debating. I guess it will depend on the team I am playing strategy.

We should have to post our 2 lineups before so we can matchup instead of just going into it not knowing the other teams' lineups.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I an interested in peoples' strategies. Do you fill up your first squad or spread the wealth and put some on the 2nd squad. I am still debating. I guess it will depend on the team I am playing strategy.

We should have to post our 2 lineups before so we can matchup instead of just going into it not knowing the other teams' lineups.

Once I picked up Hakeem and Shaq with my first two picks I pretty much committed myself to spreading the wealth

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im drafting a team. I'll have a starting lineup,but I don't have two squads of players that just switch. My guys were drafted to be interchangeable, not two guys at each position that will never play with the other guy at their respective position.

Im fine with other teams being two seperate groups. But I wouldn't be fine with my team having to be set up that way.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im drafting a team. I'll have a starting lineup,but I don't have two squads of players that just switch. My guys were drafted to be interchangeable, not two guys at each position that will never play with the other guy at their respective position.

Im fine with other teams being two seperate groups. But I wouldn't be fine with my team having to be set up that way.

While I agree you will be required to show starters and 2nd team.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,459.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should do a draft sometime where we have 5 real starters and 5 real backups.

Guys like Horry, Fisher or Starks who were backups on good to great teams.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I have no doubt who my 5 starters are, but should I place a couple on the 2nd squad to even the scoring distribution or whatever. I'm not sure yet

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are we just saying one squad plays together and then a second squad? No co mingling?

I don't like that at all.

Well thats kinda hard to do no? Starter A plays 11 of his 24 minutes to start the game then his back up plays 7 of his minutes then A is back in. Then starter C plays 14 minutes then his backup comes in for 4 minutes... Not sure how we can do anything aside from group 1 and group 2

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are we just saying one squad plays together and then a second squad? No co mingling?

That's what I thought it was from the beginning. Two different teams, 24 mins a piece.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thats kinda hard to do no? Starter A plays 11 of his 24 minutes to start the game then his back up plays 7 of his minutes then A is back in. Then starter C plays 14 minutes then his backup comes in for 4 minutes... Not sure how we can do anything aside from group 1 and group 2

:agree:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with interchangeable, but when we show our starters, I'm going with Wilt the 1st and 3rd Quarter and MJ the 2nd and 4th, and try and have guys that they could elevate play with them. I like that better than playing them together. I think since all 10 players play the same amount of time, it will be fun to see if guys load one unit, or have an offensive/defensive unit, etc

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm playing both my PF's and both my Centers plus Deion Sanders in the first half. Then the rest of the time will play in 3rd and 4th qtr.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I thought it was from the beginning. Two different teams, 24 mins a piece.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you can play them as you please, but you have to break them down into 2 groups and and explain how you plan to play them. As I said, MJ and Wilt are my two best players, but there's no way I would ''start'' them both. I think this format adds a lot to it

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can play them as you please, but you have to break them down into 2 groups and and explain how you plan to play them. As I said, MJ and Wilt are my two best players, but there's no way I would ''start'' them both. I think this format adds a lot to it

Yeah, pick and choose how you start them of course. Should be fun