• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

22-23 Preseason Megna thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nazem needs to go back east just to torment the Maple Leafs and their fans :D
The number of fans who got all emotional for him lifting the Cup forgetting about how he almost single-handedly torpedoed two playoff runs on his way out the door here will have some weird feelings when he knocks Matthews out for the season wearing the spoked B lol

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said the same thing about Grant Clitsome.

Poile’s lost it.
Every angle of this trade has weirdness.

Essentially, the Bolts told McDonagh if he didn't waive his NTC they were gonna waive him and apparently said Columbus told them they would claim him. Essentially a threat to make the trade.

Except Jarmo says it didn't happen. Not sure why Jarmo would commit 4 more years at 6.75 to a 33 year old defenseman who almost certainly had us on his no trade list. The bald Finnish beauty doesn't give any hints to what he is thinking to anyone, why would he tell Brisebois he would be willing to claim on waivers?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of repeating myself, this league is such a joke at times.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
woof.

fresh start, cheap deal candidate?
haven't watched him enough to know why his game fell off a cliff

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woof.

fresh start, cheap deal candidate?
haven't watched him enough to know why his game fell off a cliff
I would take a chance on him.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every angle of this trade has weirdness.

Essentially, the Bolts told McDonagh if he didn't waive his NTC they were gonna waive him and apparently said Columbus told them they would claim him. Essentially a threat to make the trade.

Except Jarmo says it didn't happen. Not sure why Jarmo would commit 4 more years at 6.75 to a 33 year old defenseman who almost certainly had us on his no trade list. The bald Finnish beauty doesn't give any hints to what he is thinking to anyone, why would he tell Brisebois he would be willing to claim on waivers?
Probably more a trade was worked out but what Poile did was basically take him off waivers anyway considering the benefit it gave TB so who knows.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the other hand…

Apparently they were close at the deadline but the Yotes were worried about where the Jackets pick was gonna fall and since no deal would immediately benefit either teams (in terms of playoffs) they shelved it.

I dare say landing Chychrun and focusing on Gauthier, Geekie or Savoie at 6 would jump start the reload quite nicely.

Loading pieces and 6 to NJD and landing Wright at 2 would almost finish it

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The idea that these star hockey players were going to get away with ducking service in an absolute tyrant's armed forces seems kinda crazy. Whoever gave these kids this advice deserves a slap.
Russia has a long history of looking the other way for star athletes. So it isn't a huge reach to think these players had grown accustomed to the privilege of being a star and maybe believed that the "system" that identified them as a child as an insider would always protect them.

No one on that CCCP Olympic juggernaut was really in the "military".

Kaprizov will never be able to go back. And I hope he can get his family out of there.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also pretty sensationalized tweet wording. It's made it sound like he was selling them. He is accused of buying one in 2017, which his father denies.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russia has a long history of looking the other way for star athletes. So it isn't a huge reach to think these players had grown accustomed to the privilege of being a star and maybe believed that the "system" that identified them as a child as an insider would always protect them.

No one on that CCCP Olympic juggernaut was really in the "military".

Kaprizov will never be able to go back. And I hope he can get his family out of there.
I wouldn’t expect any athlete or anybody of stature to actually go into active duty but usually they wind up doing some sort of service in lieu.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t expect any athlete or anybody of stature to actually go into active duty but usually they wind up doing some sort of service in lieu.

Yeah, I think Finland has some kind of mandatory military service as well. I seem to recall Selanne having to go back to Finland to complete some kind of military commitments.