• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Patriots Draft Thread

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But NFL defenses are prepared for that stuff. Jules was effective as a gadget guy because he was always on the field. With Milton they could send receivers long and open up some running space, sure, but the D won't be surprised by a pass - receivers will be covered.
He has the ability to line up anywhere and he's faster than the receiver corps. Even if he doesn't touch the ball, teams will have to account for him. I don't think a LB could cover him so Ds will need to adjust accordingly.

Regardless he's not a pocket QB. So he makes more sense than keeping Zappee. Depending on what the new offensive scheme will be.

Time will tell.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we actually try to develop Milton as a QB and not

View attachment 361006

I feel we at least owe him a shot to develop
Of course once he makes the 53 man roster. At this point I don't think NE will keep 3 strickly QBs dressed. He'll likely be getting 3rd QB snaps at practice if lucky.

Best chance IMO as of today is to keep him rostered as the 3rd QB (emergency). Then on occassion once injuries start roster him as a TE.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I'm assuming is the hopeful plan as well. But if Milton develops into something and gets some opportunity to show off he could possibly used as a trade chip next season or the one after.
Ever seen a 6th round pick pass a first round pick on the depth chart?

Not even remotely making any kind of prediction, but if (Big If) it all came together for Milton, I could see him taking over as well, if the trade bait is high enough either way.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a cannon and can run. He was clocked on a TD run at 21mph.

Just saw footage of him throwing an orange 100 yards FWTW? An orange but still impressive.
Wow. That's fast, especially fast for 6'5"@240.

Then add pads...

An orange? That's funny.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. That's why I said as a gadget guy. Take the snap, line up in the backfield, line up in the slot or outside, Sweeps, laterals...

Just saw footage of him throwing an orange 100 yards FWTW? An orange but still impressive.
Was this in the Orange Bowl?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance we actually try to develop Milton as a QB and not

View attachment 361006

I feel we at least owe him a shot to develop
I don't think we owe him anything and he owes us nothing. We use him how we want, if he doesn't like it he can sit out, no different than if both sides disagree on a contract.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we owe him anything and he owes us nothing. We use him how we want, if he doesn't like it he can sit out, no different than if both sides disagree on a contract.
Oyyy always one

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Milton pick has that Cunningham vibe from last year IMO
Hopefully he will get some opportunities if he makes the team. Sounds like he would be fun to watch on trick plays.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. That's why I said as a gadget guy. Take the snap, line up in the backfield, line up in the slot or outside, Sweeps, laterals...

I feel they did not even try gadget plays with Cunningham. Offense was extremely boring last year. BB had his style but was too rigid, there was really nothing to lose and he kept players on bench to give fans one of the most boring and predictable offenses in memory.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he will get some opportunities if he makes the team. Sounds like he would be fun to watch on trick plays.
only if they work

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I for one don't even want to think about trick plays. This offense has been so bad the last two years what I want to see are less three and outs, more sustained drives to give the defense a break, better red zone play, WR separation, a well balanced offense then maybe I would consider trick plays. Let's make football plays before we revert to the college game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I for one don't even want to think about trick plays. This offense has been so bad the last two years what I want to see are less three and outs, more sustained drives to give the defense a break, better red zone play, WR separation, a well balanced offense then maybe I would consider trick plays. Let's make football plays before we revert to the college game.
I think you are over thinking it. Gadget/trick plays are just plays that are not the norm. It keeps drives sustained or even better possibly putting points on the board. They're used to keep defences honest. By moving a player of his athletiscim in different formations Ds have to adjust. Show them a gadget play once now they have to decide what's a play that's been practiced or is it just a deception? Gadget/trick/deception are synonomous. Keep the D guessing opening other opportunities.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are over thinking it. Gadget/trick plays are just plays that are not the norm. It keeps drives sustained or even better possibly putting points on the board. They're used to keep defences honest. By moving a player of his athletiscim in different formations Ds have to adjust. Show them a gadget play once now they have to decide what's a play that's been practiced or is it just a deception? Gadget/trick/deception are synonomous. Keep the D guessing opening other opportunities.
yeah I know what they are and how they are used. My point was and is, I would prefer we develop and establish an offense before we worry about gadgetry

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gadget plays are usually used in two scenarios: first when the opposing defense is already off balanced; second, when the offense is desperate.

I want focus on getting the opposing defense off balanced to begin with and certainly don't want to think about our offense being desperate.