• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Packers regular season thread

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday Sept 6th Packers regular season starts... so might as well get thread created.

Thoughts on 1st game:
  • No idea what to expect with kicking game (FGs)... Narveson for his college career does not look much better than Carlson or Joseph. If game comes down to game winning FG that he shanks... watch out Gutey.
  • Will be interesting to see how Packers start...
    • most starters did not play more than couple series all preseason
    • Packers could start slow as a result... not what you want vs Eagles team
  • Dillon injury probably means Jacobs gets ball more than I would like... Sanders should see some carries in the game
  • Assume Merriweather is brought up from PS for this game... would have preferred McCrary, but he appears to be PS/Injured designation now.
  • Looking forward to how WRs and TEs developed with another year under their belt in real action
  • Hope that defense looks as aggressive as they did attacking ball in preseason. I am cautiously optmistic defense will be better.... do like some of the pieces added
  • Rush defense had better be improved vs last year to beat the Eagles
  • Sounds like right guard will be a platoon effort with Morgan and Rhyan

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe gb,s head coach leflur can groom Malik Willis into a decent backup QB.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 486.81
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting a bit of a slow start, it's not something that makes me happy but I can live with it as long as the improvements come to where they're peaking at the end of the year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Can Christian Watson and Eric Stokes stay healthy?

I listen to Wilde and Tausch almost daily... they commented at today's practice all 53 team members were active participants... a rarity for the Packers.

Early in the season... but even in past years always seemed someone hurt in training camp and limited or not practicing leading into season.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think not having Joe Barry as the DC is the single biggest improvement any team made this off season. Packers are going to be beasts this year.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 486.81
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think not having Joe Barry as the DC is the single biggest improvement any team made this off season. Packers are going to be beasts this year.

We'll find out if it was the DC or the players soon enough.

I'm not sure I like the backup QB move so late, but I don't get paid to make those decisions.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 486.81
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All said and done I hope Love is ok and I really like this kicker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... loss to start the season, LaFleur now 3-3 in opening games to start season and 1-3 in last 4 years.

Most importantly, hearing Love injury will be 3-4 weeks minimum with MCL sprain... assume this will be confirmed Mon/Tues. Packers most likely will be off to another slow start.

Good:
- Jayden Reed very dynamic running and receiving... looks like he will be a playmaker
- Emanual Wilson running ball in 1st half... Jacobs struggled, but he was in a series and ran well and got running game going
- Josh Jacobs running ball in 2nd half (1st half was bad)
- Defense 3 turnovers
- Bullard was all over the field and physical... lead team (tied) with 7 solo and 11 total tackles
- Defending Jalen Hurts running the ball.. less than 2.5 yards a carry

Bad:
- Offense with short field 1st quarter 2 times after defense got turnover and could not get ball in end zone
- Defense giving up big plays... 67 yard TD to Brown and Barkley some big runs
- OL was dominated at times... Love had happy feet in pocket at times as a result
- Other than turnovers, defense had trouble getting off the field, Philly only punted twice in game
- Love injury.. hopefully not serious
- How do the Packers run the hurry up and have 12 men on the field... baffling
- Packers timeouts in 1st half
- Narveson missed 43 yard FG

Ugly:
- Field conditions... both teams slipping for a lot of the game... Eagles seemed to adjust better some in 2nd half
- Packers penalties... 10 total that does not include some that were declined

This was real preseason game for Packers... timeouts in 1st half... 12 men on field with hurry up, all the penalties. Will have to get it cleaned up going forward.

Unfortunately will have backup QB playing next several weeks it appears. Schedule is not difficult... I would take 2-2 at this point, but honestly I have no faith in backup QB and that I think it may be 1-3 at best. Time will tell.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big team win for the Packers... that was needed.

Good:
- Rush offense in the first half... over 200 yards
- Josh Jacobs was workhorse
- Malik Willis... not a lot of passing yards, but no big errors, tucked and ran the ball a few times for big plays
- Defense 3 takeaways (1 to end game)
- Jayden Reed slow day receiving... but continues to be a weapon on sweeps
- Defense bend but do not break... gave up only 10 points
- Got first W of the season

Bad:
- Quay Walker... allowed some big runs... spying Richardson and could not even beat him outside to contain him on his 4th down run
- Rashan Gary silent day... not even on the stat sheet with a tackle
- Rush defense in 2nd half... gave up several big runs
- Run offense in 2nd half... 220+ yards first half and not even 40 yards 2nd half

Ugly:
- 2 weeks and 2 missed 40-45 yard FG attempts... could be ugly again this year

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 486.81
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big team win for the Packers... that was needed.

Good:
- Rush offense in the first half... over 200 yards
- Josh Jacobs was workhorse
- Malik Willis... not a lot of passing yards, but no big errors, tucked and ran the ball a few times for big plays
- Defense 3 takeaways (1 to end game)
- Jayden Reed slow day receiving... but continues to be a weapon on sweeps
- Defense bend but do not break... gave up only 10 points
- Got first W of the season

Bad:
- Quay Walker... allowed some big runs... spying Richardson and could not even beat him outside to contain him on his 4th down run
- Rashan Gary silent day... not even on the stat sheet with a tackle
- Rush defense in 2nd half... gave up several big runs
- Run offense in 2nd half... 220+ yards first half and not even 40 yards 2nd half

Ugly:
- 2 weeks and 2 missed 40-45 yard FG attempts... could be ugly again this year

That fumble at the goal line really changed the complexion of the game. Game plan against a weak run D was really good, but it wouldn't have killed them to throw at least 1 pass on 1st down in the 2nd half. None of that really matters for the W, but sometimes you have to see the obvious.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fumble at the goal line really changed the complexion of the game. Game plan against a weak run D was really good, but it wouldn't have killed them to throw at least 1 pass on 1st down in the 2nd half. None of that really matters for the W, but sometimes you have to see the obvious.

Jacobs fumble was huge... would have been good to get 2nd TD and up 17-0 halftime lead. At that time I did not think Indy could get to 17 points. But Indy's offense did wake up in 2nd half... Packers rush defense is concerning and got gashed alot in 2nd half.