• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft discussion thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother is a Dolphins fan and on my way home after the draft he was telling me a story about the Dolphins. Not sure how true this is, it seems kind of weird but it says it came from their war room transcript.

They asked McDaniel who he wanted and he said "Give me the speedy WR, Washington" so the team turned in the card for Malik Washington, WR, Virginia... It was announced and McDaniel said, WTF are you guys doing??? I meant Tahj Washington not, Malik.... Dolphins drafted him with the next pick. However, they drafted Patrick McMorris inbetween the two so not sure how true that is. Although it still could be depending on how bad they wanted McMorris.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few players who probably haven't really enjoyed our last week of moves.

Jarrett Stidham
Tremon Smith
Samaje Perine
Few of the WR's.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jarrett Stidham
Tremon Smith
Samaje Perine
Few of the WR's.
Javonte only has a year left on his contract too.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and I think he comes back strong one full season removed from a bad knee injury.

Can you imagine if he's back to pre-injury form? Can you imagine him and Estime splitting snaps, just absolutely wearing down defenses?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine if he's back to pre-injury form? Can you imagine him and Estime splitting snaps, just absolutely wearing down defenses?

Jaleel with the home run ability.. Could be really tough to game plan. Oh yeah then we hit you with Mims and Franklin. ;)

Don't you just love new toys? ;)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaleel with the home run ability.. Could be really tough to game plan. Oh yeah then we hit you with Mims and Franklin. ;)

Don't you just love new toys? ;)
Plus it isn't like the bar is set all that high, so it doesn't even have to fully come together this year to still be way better than last year!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus it isn't like the bar is set all that high, so it doesn't even have to fully come together this year to still be way better than last year!

Just enough to release some pressure from Nix to fully take off in 2025.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just enough to release some pressure from Nix to fully take off in 2025.
Exactly. This is why I really hope they go all in on him this year. The reps in a season that is essentially a rebuild are going to pay dividends. Any success they have above the 8-9 least year is icing on the cake.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I am going to be annoying about this for awhile but it just amazes me that my favorite team ended up with Marvin Mims and Troy Franklin the last two drafts. Good stuff like that typically doesn't happy for me with the Broncos drafts.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta keep Nix upright and his jersey clean.

Hard to gauge where the o-line is right now. Russ got happy feet way to often last year. A lotta sacks were on him.

Was happy to hear Jonah’s quote about Bo, said anytime he beat the Ducks o-line Nix was already getting rid of the ball. Having a QB that can get the ball out quick will make the o-line look that much better.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. This is why I really hope they go all in on him this year. The reps in a season that is essentially a rebuild are going to pay dividends. Any success they have above the 8-9 least year is icing on the cake.

The other thing is.. Not that if we have a bad season we won't be ALL in on him but with another good QB draft next year we have to have a good idea of what we have. If we suck again we might have a hard decision to make again.

I fully trust and am confident this will work out but just saying... Next year there will be temptations at QB if we pick early again.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to gauge where the o-line is right now. Russ got happy feet way to often last year. A lotta sacks were on him.

Was happy to hear Jonah’s quote about Bo, said anytime he beat the Ducks o-line Nix was already getting rid of the ball. Having a QB that can get the ball out quick will make the o-line look that much better.

OL was as good as it has been for us in the last decade last year. Hopefully they are that good and even better for Nix.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our line was serviceable last year. The problem was Wilson and his style. I am curious how well they will develop as a unit when they are not spending so much time having to block. When the play (from the o-line's perspective) ends faster the fatigue is lower. Plus the whole unit looks better.

Theoretically.

It'll be interesting to see how this part of the team develops.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised this isn't talked about more. We didn't need to draft one this year or last year but prior years I would have thought so.
However, we haven't drafted an OT since Garett Bolles in the draft. That's 7 drafts ago. Lots of C's and G's.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, I always cringe when people talk about getting rid of George Paton for the Russell Wilson contract. Something that was pretty well not even his decision but a complete franchise decision. I've never seen the Broncos draft better then under George Paton. Maybe I am biased and he and I are on the same page or something but I love George Paton.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,831.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jarrett Stidham
Tremon Smith
Samaje Perine
Few of the WR's.
Meh.

Nix might be the eventual starter but I bet he ends up as the #3 QB to start the season.