• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 New England Patriots - News and Rumors

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pro players pay where they play not where they live :suds:

Do NFL players get taxed in every state they play in?

In addition to paying taxes to the IRS and their home team's state, many professional football players have to pay taxes to every single state in which they play a game, the so-called “jock tax.” That can mean filing as many as 10 different tax returns and coughing up as much as 50% of their salary and bonuses in taxes .
Tax laws are not that simple. If you pay taxes to a state you play in, you will pay the higher, the state you live or the state you play. Each state tax law is different.

Does anybody here think Lamar Jackson does his own taxes?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tax laws are not that simple. If you pay taxes to a state you play in, you will pay the higher, the state you live or the state you play. Each state tax law is different.

Does anybody here think Lamar Jackson does his own taxes?
The guy DOES seem pretty versatile.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In addition to paying taxes to the IRS and their home team's state, many professional football players have to pay taxes to every single state in which they play a game, the so-called “jock tax.” That can mean filing as many as 10 different tax returns and coughing up as much as 50% of their salary and bonuses in taxes .
Well now.
Thank you sir. I have learned something new today.

I googled it for more info, for anyone else who may not have known either.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Charlie - it only works that way for remote work. Cross the border and work, you pay MA taxes. I'm guessing you are making an educated statement but referring to rules in a different state.
When I worked in GA while residing in VA, and again when I worked in NY and resided in VA the GA and NY tax was withheld weekly.

When I filed with all states, GA and NY refunded all withholding's. This was late '90's.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reb has made it clear no player ever stated "I don't want to go there because of taxes. That some shit people here made up and others fell right in line. If so many players had made such a proclamation in the past why didn't Kraft build Gillette in NH?
Here's two, real quick.

Hill said signing a new contract with the Jets last year “was very close to happening.” What prevented that, said Hill, were “those state taxes.” “I had to make a grown-up decision,” Hill said. Hill’s decision is backed by basic arithmetic.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's two, real quick.

Hill said signing a new contract with the Jets last year “was very close to happening.” What prevented that, said Hill, were “those state taxes.” “I had to make a grown-up decision,” Hill said. Hill’s decision is backed by basic arithmetic.

Here's two, real quick.

That’s a Bills player. That’s a Canadian team!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, Massachusetts' new millionaires tax has affected visiting professional athletes. The tax, which went into effect in 2023, increases state income taxes from 5% to 9% for annual income over $1 million. This tax has made it harder for the Red Sox to attract free agents. For example, NBA player Grant Williams has mentioned the tax when considering offers from the Celtics.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI......

It's sad when something like "write-off" gets through to publishing as "right off". Of course I don't think that applies to us here getting an opinion out quickly without a proof read, but a published article?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably where I should have put it
Snoop Dogg Gravy GIF