• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NASCAR season

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Obxyankeefan. That ending was just a joke. Typical NASCAR.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Obxyankeefan. That ending was just a joke. Typical NASCAR.

I understand the need for OT, but there needs to be better rules.

I was at the Daytona 500 when Gordon wrecked Earnhardt and Irvan with less than 20 to go. Then with 4 laps to go and him leading they had another caution. Nascar didn't even try to clean it up because one of their favs was leading. Then the Pepsi 400 that year had a caution with 3 laps to go and Nascar rushed to get the track cleared for a 1 lap shootout. Andretti was winning and Earnhardt was in 2nd. That is just one example of where Nascar allowed the human element to decide the races. The OT fixies that, but obviously there needs to be another look at what happened Sunday.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, they went to lap 331 and kept re-starting with 5 or 6 lap increments for like 6 times because people kept wrecking on the re-start. NASCAR needs to go retro and return to the days when the teams and manufacturers determined alot of the racing. They also need to set a more defintive rule and stick with it. This favoritism is blatantly obvious and continues destroy the sport!

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the need for OT, but there needs to be better rules.

I was at the Daytona 500 when Gordon wrecked Earnhardt and Irvan with less than 20 to go. Then with 4 laps to go and him leading they had another caution. Nascar didn't even try to clean it up because one of their favs was leading. Then the Pepsi 400 that year had a caution with 3 laps to go and Nascar rushed to get the track cleared for a 1 lap shootout. Andretti was winning and Earnhardt was in 2nd. That is just one example of where Nascar allowed the human element to decide the races. The OT fixies that, but obviously there needs to be another look at what happened Sunday.
There were several "problems" Sunday.

Probably the most severe was Kesolowski pulling off just before the restart, allowing Larson to take the poll position from 3rd. Apparently, it was legal but seemed unfair with the choice rule.

I have a big problem with Kesolowski waiting that long to pull off. He should have done it before the lane choice. Wasn't there an overtime recently where one of the leaders ran out of gas on the restart and caused a massive pile up. It's a simple safety issue and Kesolowski should have known better.

The whole overtime is getting out of control. With two laps, cars in the 3rd through 6th rows know that a great move on the start, could move them into contention. But more often than not, those great moves end up in wrecks that bring out another caution. Remember Nashville.

Finally the two lap overtime is quite a bit different at Bristol and COTA. Maybe some modifications are appropriate, like any track of less than one mile gets 4 laps and any over 2.75 miles gets one.

Just my two cents.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were several "problems" Sunday.

Probably the most severe was Kesolowski pulling off just before the restart, allowing Larson to take the poll position from 3rd. Apparently, it was legal but seemed unfair with the choice rule.

I have a big problem with Kesolowski waiting that long to pull off. He should have done it before the lane choice. Wasn't there an overtime recently where one of the leaders ran out of gas on the restart and caused a massive pile up. It's a simple safety issue and Kesolowski should have known better.

The whole overtime is getting out of control. With two laps, cars in the 3rd through 6th rows know that a great move on the start, could move them into contention. But more often than not, those great moves end up in wrecks that bring out another caution. Remember Nashville.

Finally the two lap overtime is quite a bit different at Bristol and COTA. Maybe some modifications are appropriate, like any track of less than one mile gets 4 laps and any over 2.75 miles gets one.

Just my two cents.

I didn't have a problem with Keselowski pulling off when he did. If you have gambled on fuel, you stay out until the car does that little burp. Larson was allowed to move up, but he should not have become the control car. That should have gone to Blaney and allowing Larson to get the jump was wrong. The second issue I have with the end was the waiting to throw the caution for 3/4 quarters of a lap after Preece had spun out and was stuck on the track. If you watched the Indy race Sunday O'Ward spun out and was in the middle of the track. Indy did not throw a caution for over 5 seconds and three cars hit O'Ward in that time including one that went airborn.