• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free Agency Discussion

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,406.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guys got Miami DT Christian Wilkins. How I feel right now.....

Tom Cruise Sunglasses GIF by Top Gun

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really going to be crushed if Josey Jewell isn't re-signed. He wants to re-sign. With Drew Sanders moving to the outside I think there is a good chance we want to re-sign Jewell too. We will see. With Payton building more of his own roster this offseason it will be interesting.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was going to try and post a lot of the other teams deals in here but way too much happened at once today and was busy at work. Yall can read about then on your own. ;)

I do see my guy Chidobe Awuzie has signed with the Titans about 2 minutes ago so I will throw that one out there... Buff fans might be interested.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,406.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be surprised if Jameis Winston is the Denver bridge QB. He played for Payton in New Orleans.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be surprised if Jameis Winston is the Denver bridge QB. He played for Payton in New Orleans.

We know. We have been fearing this all offseason. Winston has interest from the Browns so far. Not contact with Denver yet. Could change with the Darold signing or maybe Payton is over him.

I want Sam Howell.

I would take Mason Rudolph over Winston.

From this morning

Vikings agree to deal with QB Sam Darnold and RB Aaron Jones. Denver had an offer out to Darnold. Vikes offense probably fits him better.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek watt retired. Leaving just one Watt left in the NFL.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Sam Darnold really done anything in his NFL career that demonstrates he is more capable than Stidham ?? ...

Like Mark Sanchez before him, Darnold's claim to NFL fame is being the brunt of jokes and memes as a Jet QB ... and wearing hats so he doesn't get his hair wet

I think Minnesota will still draft a QB early

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Payton needs and accurate QB and that isn't Darnold over his career (under 60%) which is why I found it curious we were in on Darnold. Sam Howell improved his completion percentage over the prior year to around 64% and Mason Rudolph is a career 63.5% passer but in his four games last year was at over 70% so both could be decent fits, but really none of the QB's left move the needle at all so I don't want to waste much in recourses in either draft picks or $$$ for QB's. I don't know why we are pushing money to the future to create cap space this year unless it is to extend PS2. It seems like we are starting a rebuild, but still maybe want to compete. My head hurts.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Sam Darnold really done anything in his NFL career that demonstrates he is more capable than Stidham ?? ...

Like Mark Sanchez before him, Darnold's claim to NFL fame is being the brunt of jokes and memes as a Jet QB ... and wearing hats so he doesn't get his hair wet

Wasn’t he 3-0 w 9ers this year?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, nobody is signing Darnold as their future QB. A Darnold signing is a stop gap only. Still very much looking at QB early on. Darnold isn't a joke of an NFL QB like you have him out to be but he isn't anyone's long term solution. He is simply a stop gap who is ideally your #2. But in a team like the Vikings situation after losing Cousins you need to fill that spot with someone like a Darnold because if you pass and you don't get a QB early you are REALLY screwed.

For the record... I find it VERY unlikely that we will end up with any of the top 4 QB's. They likely all go in the top 8 and I don't think we will be able to move up for one.