• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must have been a ham sandwich.....and they wouldn't even throw in any mustard.

Don't worry....Eagles fans will love giving up a 3rd and 2 7th round picks and getting back Pickett and a 4th when they understand they could've given up a 6th that would turn into a 4th in 2025 for Fields...read this thread, they claim Howie is the only chess player GM in the NFL and the Eagles organization is the bestest everer....

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much would you trade for a bust?

How much would you pay for Zach Wilson?

I forgot, so tell us what the Eagles gave up for Pickett.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably used that disgusting 'cheese substitute' instead. :bolt:

e4c2e19a81c2d51669e947b93b4cdc47_w200.gif

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reminds of years ago when I was reading "Ball Four". - Jim Bouton recalled an occasion where, after he did the math, he figured out he had been traded for about 1/2 of the waiver price.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot, so tell us what the Eagles gave up for Pickett.
A pick swap from 98 to 120. Howie is a smooth operator. Too smart to trade for trash like Fields. Busts ain't worth shit.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry....Eagles fans will love giving up a 3rd and 2 7th round picks and getting back Pickett and a 4th when they understand they could've given up a 6th that would turn into a 4th in 2025 for Fields...read this thread, they claim Howie is the only chess player GM in the NFL and the Eagles organization is the bestest everer....
They essentially traded down 20 spots for a back up QB who had a shitty OC and development. Not bad.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A pick swap from 98 to 120. Howie is a smooth operator. Too smart to trade for trash like Fields. Busts ain't worth shit.

They essentially traded down 20 spots for a back up QB who had a shitty OC and development. Not bad.

So 2 7th round picks don't matter, they're the new RBs of the NFL? #7throunddontmatter

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda seems like the top 4 is likely:

1. Bears - Caleb Williams
2. Commanders - Jayden Daniels
3. Patriots - Drake Maye
4. Cardinals - Marvin Harrison Jr

Daniels seems close to consensus above Maye. Vikings could move up to 5 for JJ McCarthy. Probably where the draft 'starts' because I could also see the Vikings staying put and building up their defense.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 2 7th round picks don't matter, they're the new RBs of the NFL? #7throunddontmatter
Yeah that’s a pretty small cost. Just look at the trade charts. 7th round picks don’t garner a lot of points.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda seems like the top 4 is likely:

1. Bears - Caleb Williams
2. Commanders - Jayden Daniels
3. Patriots - Drake Maye
4. Cardinals - Marvin Harrison Jr

Daniels seems close to consensus above Maye. Vikings could move up to 5 for JJ McCarthy. Probably where the draft 'starts' because I could also see the Vikings staying put and building up their defense.
Nah, given the Vikes already moved up to secure a later 1st... makes me think they're going to IMMEDIATELY get calls when someone offers picks for Nix/McCarthy. Maybe the Pats would trade out of #3 in which case Vikings would take Maye... The Pats need help in so many areas... that team needs to be rebuilt thanks to years of horrible Belichick drafting... the haul of picks they could get could really solidify EDGE, OL, WR all of which are very deep in this draft. And at 11 they could probably still have a QB. Denver would have to move ahead of them to get one of the two but Denver has like no draft capital lol (course that FO has been inept as fuck all so I'm sure they could make it work).

It's going to cost an 11th overall, 23rd overall (which they traded for), a 2025 1st/3rd, and probably a 2026 2nd or 3rd. Moving from 11 to 3 is a pretty big leap.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, given the Vikes already moved up to secure a later 1st... makes me think they're going to IMMEDIATELY get calls when someone offers picks for Nix/McCarthy. Maybe the Pats would trade out of #3 in which case Vikings would take Maye... The Pats need help in so many areas... that team needs to be rebuilt thanks to years of horrible Belichick drafting... the haul of picks they could get could really solidify EDGE, OL, WR all of which are very deep in this draft. And at 11 they could probably still have a QB. Denver would have to move ahead of them to get one of the two but Denver has like no draft capital lol (course that FO has been inept as fuck all so I'm sure they could make it work).

It's going to cost an 11th overall, 23rd overall (which they traded for), a 2025 1st/3rd, and probably a 2026 2nd or 3rd. Moving from 11 to 3 is a pretty big leap.
It would seem really strange if NE traded out of 3 even if they don’t like the QB’s available when you have a WR fall into your lap like MHJ. Seems like a NE move trading out of the spot in the past but I think they will take a QB this year. If Mac was still there I would think otherwise.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know. The main issues with the Patriots are QB, WR, and OL. It would be weird if they moved out of the top 10 in a draft with major prospects in all three spots.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. The main issues with the Patriots are QB, WR, and OL. It would be weird if they moved out of the top 10 in a draft with major prospects in all three spots.
Seems like a move Belchick would do, but I won't think the new regime will do that.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair. Moving from 3 to 11 you would likely miss all the key prospects (Harrison/Odunze/Nabers) and Alt/Mims.

Just wondering what the Vikes are planning to do with that move up. If their goal is to move to #5 or something for McCarthy/Nix, lol - that'd be a horrible decision IMO. I don't get the hype around McCarthy and where that came from. Nix maybe I can get, but a lot of people think that's a NCAAF stat boy through and through.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a move Belchick would do, but I won't think the new regime will do that.
I saw a video earlier today with Todd McShay talking about the top of the draft and he mentioned that with Brady, the WR evaluation is totally different because Brady knew where the ball was going quickly and knew where you needed to go and the WR needed to be able to read defenses like a QB. So it wasn't really about getting an elite WR. I suspect Bellichick had no real way of dealing with the passing game post-Brady and now that we're post-Bellichick then I suspect their drafting will look more normal.

Also talked a bit about Jayden Daniels and mentioned that confidence was the one real reason for the late improvement and that the tools and processing were always there.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair. Moving from 3 to 11 you would likely miss all the key prospects (Harrison/Odunze/Nabers) and Alt/Mims.

Just wondering what the Vikes are planning to do with that move up. If their goal is to move to #5 or something for McCarthy/Nix, lol - that'd be a horrible decision IMO. I don't get the hype around McCarthy and where that came from. Nix maybe I can get, but a lot of people think that's a NCAAF stat boy through and through.

Yeah lol.

Its funny if you arent part of the fan base of the team that is about to do just that and trade up for a QB spending a TON of draft ammo for a QB that shouldnt be taken in the 1st round.

I Want To Die The End GIF by SWR3

This is the EXACT scenario I had envisioned when I was saying that the team was going to just resign Cousins. This is the exact type of move that gets coaches and GM's fired and dooms a franchise to half a decade of complete irrelevance. Its why I still find all this so shocking at this point.

Not sure what they see in McCarthy but man I hope they are right.