• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like an advertisement for Maxwell coffee... Good until the last drop.
Jeudy had been such a huge disappointment. How he got that contract when he has averaged 52 catches and 2 or 3 TDs per year is baffling. He seems to be about the level of an average #3 WR And is getting $20M per year. Cleveland better pay Chubb after wasting money like this.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy had been such a huge disappointment. How he got that contract when he has averaged 52 catches and 2 or 3 TDs per year is baffling. He seems to be about the level of an average #3 WR And is getting $20M per year. Cleveland better pay Chubb after wasting money like this.

I mean it's Cleveland. Hell I'm going to submit my resume for something in their front office next week... they'll probably give me $100K just for applying.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chubb is 28 and has had some injury concerns. He probably walking when his current contract is up.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention the Browns signed Foreman as an insurance policy for Chubb.

I remember when the Browns traded for OJB... I was sitting there thinking, "WHY!?" They gave up one of their better OLs, Baker was doing OKAY as a QB kind of running a system, they had one of the NFLs best rushing attacks and defenses...

Then, the ridiculous Watson trade and that STUPID contract. Everyone is talking about the Wilson trade as the worst ever, it PALES in comparison to the worst trade in NFL history - Watson. Whatever.

The Browns just can't seem to get out of their own way.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when the Browns traded for OJB... I was sitting there thinking, "WHY!?" They gave up one of their better OLs, Baker was doing OKAY as a QB kind of running a system, they had one of the NFLs best rushing attacks and defenses...

Then, the ridiculous Watson trade and that STUPID contract. Everyone is talking about the Wilson trade as the worst ever, it PALES in comparison to the worst trade in NFL history - Watson. Whatever.

Well, in fairness.....his first season was pretty good there. But, I think he got into it with Mayfield and they decided to cut their losses. I don't remember exactly.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in fairness.....his first season was pretty good there. But, I think he got into it with Mayfield and they decided to cut their losses. I don't remember exactly.

Yah my thought process was, why the hell was that trade made to begin with? They had a good team... It reminded me a lot of the Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham, and Jamal Adams trade with Seattle.. ALL bust trades and STUPID. My own bias made me hype up those trades, but that really set Seattle back. Same with the Browns. I don't know if it's pride or whatever... but in hindsight god it was dumb.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which reminds me:
hindsight remains 20/20.

Always the case, but I remember grading that trade VERY low for the Browns (think I gave it an F) and I also certainly gave the Watson deal an F.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it needlessly screwed the QB market big time.

Agreed. It WAY overinflated the QB market. Sure if you're a proven commodity like Mahomes fine.. but QBs are being WAY overdrafted and overpaid lol. I hope the 9ers pay Purdy some 5 year $300M contract. That'd be the perfect way to make that team irrelevant (which I obviously want).

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Washington takes danieI think Williams is the best and then Daniels/Maye are far better than Penix/Nix/McCarthy. I’m not a fan of McCarthy at all and I don’t think Nix/Penix are ready to start. The Pats need a QB now, and it’s rare for a team to get such a high draft pick.
McCarthy did,nt throw the ball often enough to impress me.if Washington takes Daniels,he,s gonna be like rg all over unless a coach teaches him to slide and avoid hits.they hit harder in the pros than college

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention the Browns signed Foreman as an insurance policy for Chubb.
Foreman did fairly well during his single season with the Bears. Didn't play much at all the first month of the season and kinda petered out at the end. But those games sandwiched in between his play was solid.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Such a huge disappointment"? Seems like a bit of an exaggeration as he's had a couple at least decent seasons on pretty bad offenses. Has he lived up to being a first rounder? No...not yet. But the guy is far from a bust at this point IMO.

Deal has nothing to do with what they will pay Chubb.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Wilson trade which we know cannot work pales in comparison to a trade that still might work out?

All these mistakes and still 2 playoff appearances in 4 seasons in the toughest division. Go figure.

Want to rip them for the OBJ deal? No disagreement from me.....that's a GM who cares too much about his own ego and what fans think. Wants to make splash moves over fit. Glad he's gone and not surprised no one will give him a job with any power.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah my thought process was, why the hell was that trade made to begin with? They had a good team... It reminded me a lot of the Percy Harvin, Jimmy Graham, and Jamal Adams trade with Seattle.. ALL bust trades and STUPID. My own bias made me hype up those trades, but that really set Seattle back. Same with the Browns. I don't know if it's pride or whatever... but in hindsight god it was dumb.
Exactly....maybe exciting for fans based on name (not fit), but if he wanted a WR that badly how about just draft DK Metcalf who was younger, faster, cheaper and better?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foreman did fairly well during his single season with the Bears. Didn't play much at all the first month of the season and kinda petered out at the end. But those games sandwiched in between his play was solid.
I like the guy as a backup for Chubb. Seems like a better option than Ford, for sure.