• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it time to kick up the 'Dolphins are rebuilding again' topic?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Minny goes with Tanneyhill as a 1-2 year option at QB.

I would think Darnold or Tanney.

And I am going to be offline for quite a while coming up as I learn to come to grips with the fact that we are going to use our 1st round pick on McCarthy.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure looks like Justin Fields's market just got smaller. He's either going to be a bridge for ...someone like Minny...or else he'll be a backup. Either way, the value of his trade market dried up in a hurry. At this point, I can't imagine a team giving up a 3rd for him. Then again, I've never thought the bears could get a real 3rd (without giving something back) for him anyway.

Last edited:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think Darnold or Tanney.

And I am going to be offline for quite a while coming up as I learn to come to grips with the fact that we are going to use our 1st round pick on McCarthy.
Payton may go after Darnold.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minshew is better than Darnold or Tanneyhill.

Not a lot of options.
I like Minshew and think he’s an okay QB, I would definitely take him over Tannehill or Darnold. Minshew did a good job in Indy last year leading the Colts to a winning record and keeping their playoff chances alive until the last game even with a mediocre team around him.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure looks like Justin Fields's market just got smaller. He's either going to be a bridge for ...someone like Minny...or else he'll be a backup. Either way, the value of his trade market dried up in a hurry. At this point, I can't imagine a team giving up a 3rd for him. Then again, I've never thought the bears could get a real 3rd (without giving something back) for him anyway.
No chance the Bears trade him to the Vikings.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever your in a situation where teams know you need or want to move a player like magic everyone plays hardball with you.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Minshew and think he’s an okay QB, I would definitely take him over Tannehill or Darnold. Minshew did a good job in Indy last year leading the Colts to a winning record and keeping their playoff chances alive until the last game even with a mediocre team around him.
I think the game plan is to run the ball and play defense.....get a QB who does not make mistakes. We had a lot of that last season with Jimmy G and AOC. They combined for 18 INT's, not counting fumbles. Minshew only threw 9 INT's in 490 pass attempts. Although I saw a few Colts games where he threw some passes that had me thinking, "WTF?" But, overall? 9 in almost 500 passes is not bad at all. And he will have a lot of talent to throw to in Adams, Meyers, Renfrow, and the young TE Mayer.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever your in a situation where teams know you need or want to move a player like magic everyone plays hardball with you.
Chicago didn't handle it the best way to get full value. Maybe they get a 2nd if they do.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the game plan is to run the ball and play defense.....get a QB who does not make mistakes. We had a lot of that last season with Jimmy G and AOC. They combined for 18 INT's, not counting fumbles. Minshew only threw 9 INT's in 490 pass attempts. Although I saw a few Colts games where he threw some passes that had me thinking, "WTF?" But, overall? 9 in almost 500 passes is not bad at all. And he will have a lot of talent to throw to in Adams, Meyers, Renfrow, and the young TE Mayer.
I mean he is what he is...a bridge QB. I assume they draft a rookie bc next years' QB class doesn't look good. Unless the plan is for O'Connell to sit for a couple years and learn.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean he is what he is...a bridge QB. I assume they draft a rookie bc next years' QB class doesn't look good. Unless the plan is for O'Connell to sit for a couple years and learn.
I think that is the plan.

Doubt they draft one though.