• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing with Arnold IIRC is that he is elite in man coverage but more of a projection in zone coverage. If you want a man coverage guy, its him. Cooper Dejean is more of a Cover 3 CB (seattle style) or a safety. Dejean from what I hear fits perfectly in Indianapolis so I suspect he might be gone by the time the Eagles pick. Quinyon Mitchell best I can tell checks all of the boxes so he should be first off the board. Maybe the Eagles want Mitchell to fall.
More detail oriented article I read had the Eagles liking 3 CBs a bunch. The Toledo kid, the Clemson kid, and Arnold. I’d imagine if one is still available when it gets to be pick 16 or 17 that is the spot that they would target.

IF this report is correct and not just smoke.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trenches trenches trenches
The philosophy has been good to them for sure. I think you could argue that they have equal need at both edge and CB. For me, I am BPA at those two positions. It’s expensive to move up. I would rather stay put and select BPA from there. The caveat is that if you think there’s a sure fire All Pro caliber guy that falls you go get him. That doesn’t happen too often though.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More detail oriented article I read had the Eagles liking 3 CBs a bunch. The Toledo kid, the Clemson kid, and Arnold. I’d imagine if one is still available when it gets to be pick 16 or 17 that is the spot that they would target.

IF this report is correct and not just smoke.
Nate Wiggins is maybe the best cover guy and one of the youngest players in the draft. His physical strength is too low for NFL play but with some weight training he should be one of the top prospects. I have a hard time gauging where he could go. I took him at 32 in the recent mock draft at tHoopla. He should go much earlier but maybe could also fall.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Wiggins is maybe the best cover guy and one of the youngest players in the draft. His physical strength is too low for NFL play but with some weight training he should be one of the top prospects. I have a hard time gauging where he could go. I took him at 32 in the recent mock draft at tHoopla. He should go much earlier but maybe could also fall.

At 20 he should still be able to build up a bit in a pro weight/nutrition program. Not that Clemson doesn't have a good program themselves, but focus can change when this is officially your profession.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s why I don’t like the trade up unless you’re going to get something special. There’s gonna be a great football player available at 22. They just need to make sure they identify the right one.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My same thought with the Rams at 19.
I think the only reason to trade up for the Rams is if they really wanted Bowers. I think a trench player will be there when they pick without trading up so they are probably best off just taking BPA trench player.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only reason to trade up for the Rams is if they really wanted Bowers. I think a trench player will be there when they pick without trading up so they are probably best off just taking BPA trench player.
Where is your number for Bowers? In other words, if we get to pick ____ and Bowers is still on the board, you trade up and go get him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 20 he should still be able to build up a bit in a pro weight/nutrition program. Not that Clemson doesn't have a good program themselves, but focus can change when this is officially your profession.
I think the thing thats easy to overlook is age. Its why JJ McCarthy is going to go really high. Its almost certainly going to apply to other prospects as well and Higgins jumps out immediately as someone who produced at a really young age.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i,m glad snyder no longer owns the skins.he would have bitten on the herbert deal like a hungry channel cat

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is your number for Bowers? In other words, if we get to pick ____ and Bowers is still on the board, you trade up and go get him.
Bowers is probably 9th on my big board but there are 4 other players in the same tier. So 13th at the earliest.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowers is probably 9th on my big board but there are 4 other players in the same tier. So 13th at the earliest.
Considering the age of Travis, how far does he have to drop for you to want the Chiefs to trade up?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thing thats easy to overlook is age. Its why JJ McCarthy is going to go really high. Its almost certainly going to apply to other prospects as well and Higgins jumps out immediately as someone who produced at a really young age.
Wiggins is a pretty massive medical red flag. I think it is the only reason he is not viewed as #1b in the draft. The fact that he got hurt running that 40 time I think cemented the medical concerns.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the age of Travis, how far does he have to drop for you to want the Chiefs to trade up?
Im not sure its even a consideration. I personally think 25 is about as high as the Chiefs should trade up and Bowers will be long gone. If the Chiefs do a crazy trade up, I suspect it would be for Mims or Fautanu or one of the Texas WRs.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally! A good Wilson in Denver!

Or at least marginally better than the last Wilson and exponentially better than Stidham.
Really, Zach Wilson better than Russ? Russ didn‘t do well in Denver, but Zach has been nothing but a major bust since coming into the NFL, an all time awful bust, one of the worst in NFL history, he hasn’t done shit. Russ has a Super Bowl ring. And I wouldn’t even call Zach “exponentially better” than Stidham, seriously what the hell has Zach ever done? He sucked donkey balls with the Jets.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, Zach Wilson better than Russ? Russ didn‘t do well in Denver, but Zach has been nothing but a major bust since coming into the NFL, an all time awful bust, one of the worst in NFL history, he hasn’t done shit. Russ has a Super Bowl ring. And I wouldn’t even call Zach “exponentially better” than Stidham, seriously what the hell has Zach ever done? He sucked donkey balls with the Jets.

You must not have seen Russ play the last two years…

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not have seen Russ play the last two years…
I saw it and like I say Russ wasn’t good in Denver, but Zach Wilson has NEVER been good in the NFL. He has more INTs than TDs in his career, has never thrown for 10 TDs in a season, and has a 57% career completion percentage. He’s trash all the way around. In his 2 years in Denver, Russ threw for over 3000 yards both years and had 42 TDs to 19 picks. He wasn’t good but even in his bad years in Denver he was better than epic bust Zach Wilson, I don’t even see how anyone can argue that Zach is somehow better right now, he’s complete trash.