• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 draft prospect thread

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can but it would be confusing if we did with a high pick.
If we draft another WR with height and secure a possession WR, I can see a smaller WR later in the draft.

so you would take a guy like Coleman over Ladd b/c of his size? So Worthy is off your board too? b/c of his size?

RedskinzDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not spending a top 3 pick on JJ mccarthy . we will never be happy with a bus driver at 3 overall . most of you ran KC out of town because you couldnt stand the bus driver
I'd take McCarthy in the 4th round, sure, good spot for bus driver.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you would take a guy like Coleman over Ladd b/c of his size? So Worthy is off your board too? b/c of his size?
Didn't say anyone is OFF my board. I am not a mock draft guy so I don't have a "board" per se.

Would I draft Coleman over McConkey? Probably but it depends on the pick and what we have done up to that point in the draft.

Would I take Thomas Jr or Mitchell over McConkey...yes.

To me, McConkey and Coleman play different positions. Coleman is a special team ace but also causes mismatches with defenders due to his size and ability to win jump balls. He can play outside or slot and be a PR as well.

McConkey is a great WR but he was injured for several games last year and is smaller. To me, McConkey is a pure slot WR only whereas Coleman is more versitile and can play multiple WR spots and be a PR as well.

Again, we saw what 3 starting under 6'0 WRs can do last year and it wasn't that great. You wanted to compare us to the Dolphins and I showed you were the Dolphins deploy pass catchers with different heigh/body types to run their offense.

I have seen a lot of McConkey but have limited experience with Coleman outside of draft tapes and a game here and there.

I think you have your mind made up but those are my thoughts. Having 3 starting WRs under 6'0 would not be effective.

Last edited:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that isn't what we necessarily need at the WR spot moving forward. CBs were out muscling our WRs all last year.

We need size and some height to balance what we already have with Dotson and TMac.

Seems like you are just reading his draft profile. Late first round would be a massive reach.

I respect Dean's opinion but I have to agree with Duke. One of my Titans buddy's couldn't stop raving about Kyle Phillips. The little guy can destroy in the slot but he can't stay healthy. Lad doesn't appear to be Steve Largent or Steve Smith, and nowadays having a prototypical WR is essential.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not spending a top 3 pick on JJ mccarthy . we will never be happy with a bus driver at 3 overall . most of you ran KC out of town because you couldnt stand the bus driver

Things didn't go KC's way either making the playoffs or in the playoffs while he was here.
So of course anyone who already didn't like him could use that as an argument. Implying JJ is a one and done career guy has no basis, especially when he's fresh off a national championship. Just sayin

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say anyone is OFF my board. I am not a mock draft guy so I don't have a "board" per se.

Would I draft Coleman over McConkey? Probably but it depends on the pick and what we have done up to that point in the draft.

Would I take Thomas Jr or Mitchell over McConkey...yes.

To me, McConkey and Coleman play different positions. Coleman is a special team ace but also causes mismatches with defenders due to his size and ability to win jump balls. He can play outside or slot and be a PR as well.

McConkey is a great WR but he was injured for several games last year and is smaller. To me, McConkey is a pure slot WR only whereas Coleman is more versitile and can play multiple WR spots and be a PR as well.

Again, we saw what 3 starting under 6'0 WRs can do last year and it wasn't that great. You wanted to compare us to the Dolphins and I showed you were the Dolphins deploy pass catchers with different heigh/body types to run their offense.

I have seen a lot of McConkey but have limited experience with Coleman outside of draft tapes and a game here and there.

I think you have your mind made up but those are my thoughts. Having 3 starting WRs under 6'0 would not be effective.

ok. i don't have my mind made up., i wanted to know your opinion on the matter. If KK values speed and route running over size i can see it happening. Not just to take a WR b/c he is big.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3