• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Dolphins 1-6 against winning teams

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are things going to be different this year? What will be the path for Tua?
Are you going to pay $50 million for him to continue?

"If there's one team heading toward QB purgatory it's the Dolphins with Tua Tagovailoa. Whether it's been injury, cold weather or poor performance, Tua and Miami have crumbled down the stretch in back-to-back years after getting off to historic starts on offense. The Dolphins should hold off on extending Tagovailoa until the team proves it can make a playoff run with him under center. He was just 1-6 with eight touchdowns and seven picks vs. playoff teams last year, which doesn't inspire enough confidence for a long-term deal worth $50 million per year. He can play on the fifth-year option in 2024 and they can franchise tag him in 2025 if necessary.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are things going to be different this year? What will be the path for Tua?
Are you going to pay $50 million for him to continue?

"If there's one team heading toward QB purgatory it's the Dolphins with Tua Tagovailoa. Whether it's been injury, cold weather or poor performance, Tua and Miami have crumbled down the stretch in back-to-back years after getting off to historic starts on offense. The Dolphins should hold off on extending Tagovailoa until the team proves it can make a playoff run with him under center. He was just 1-6 with eight touchdowns and seven picks vs. playoff teams last year, which doesn't inspire enough confidence for a long-term deal worth $50 million per year. He can play on the fifth-year option in 2024 and they can franchise tag him in 2025 if necessary.
I mostly agree that he needs to earn his new contract by winning a division and a playoff game or two this year. He has a lot to still prove IMO. The loses late last season not all on him, D was hit hard by injuries and a bone head decision by McDaniel.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Although countless players from almost every team are rated as ‘questionable’ for week 1, the Miami Dolphins appear to be suffering from fitness problems more than most.

Hill and Waddle questionable for start of 2024 NFL season​

Eight players from the Florida franchise fall into the ‘questionable’ category for their game against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday, September 8, including wide receivers Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle, who are dealing with thumb and unspecified issues respectively."

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southieinnc,

How many people are predicting the Pats to finish better than 4th in the AFC East? The consensus is the Pats will finish last in the division. Meanwhile, you are hyper focused on the Fins?

The Fins aren't rushing players back from injury. The focus and goal of the team is being healthy late in the season.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gnatinnc,

Would you rather have the Fins problems or the Pats problems this year? Is your goal to be annoying?

I am on this board to chat with other Fins fans.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southieinnc,

How many people are predicting the Pats to finish better than 4th in the AFC East? The consensus is the Pats will finish last in the division. Meanwhile, you are hyper focused on the Fins?

The Fins aren't rushing players back from injury. The focus and goal of the team is being healthy late in the season.
Pelican,

Dolphins are division rivals. I abuse Bills, Jets, and Dolphins fans.

The Dolphins have not won a playoff game other than a wildcard since 1984!
Patriots moght win a playoff game before the Fins! LOL

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gnat,

You must be a real loser in life if your joy is trying to be annoying. The week that the Fins play the Pats, that's when we usually see Pats fans. Many are obnoxious before the game. I expect that having lived in New England. You are here on the board more than most Fins fans. You are unique, Gnat, but not in a good way.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gnat,

You must be a real loser in life if your joy is trying to be annoying. The week that the Fins play the Pats, that's when we usually see Pats fans. Many are obnoxious before the game. I expect that having lived in New England. You are here on the board more than most Fins fans. You are unique, Gnat, but not in a good way.
Meh.
I have been known to agree with Fins fans. Even you you might recall.
This is that time of year where everybody is going to the Superbowl, Pats are not. Now that is annoying!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is that time of year where everybody is going to the Superbowl, Pats are not. Now that is annoying!
[/QUOTE]

Gnat,

You try to come across as objective, it doesn't work though.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat to know: Miami's offensive line problems date back to Tagovailoa's rookie season in 2020. The Dolphins' pass block win rate of 51% since then is the second worst in the NFL, behind the Bengals (50%). In 2023, Miami's 49% PBWR was the second worst,"

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gnat,

Tua has the quickest release time in the NFL. He also had some of the best stats of any QB. You seem more and more desperate to annoy.

I actually insult gnats when I call you that. They have a biological purpose for what they do which people find annoying. I honestly believe that your life must be lacking something to need to try to annoy strangers on a football site. I think it makes you feel better because the Pats were winners for 20 years. That doesn't make you a winner. Did you play for them? You are just a spectator like everyone else. I don't need the success of the Dolphins or any team to feel good about myself.

I actually feel sorry for you. I have nothing else to say to you. I am a Christian. I try to avoid foolish arguments.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gnat,

Tua has the quickest release time in the NFL. He also had some of the best stats of any QB. You seem more and more desperate to annoy.

I actually insult gnats when I call you that. They have a biological purpose for what they do which people find annoying. I honestly believe that your life must be lacking something to need to try to annoy strangers on a football site. I think it makes you feel better because the Pats were winners for 20 years. That doesn't make you a winner. Did you play for them? You are just a spectator like everyone else. I don't need the success of the Dolphins or any team to feel good about myself.

I actually feel sorry for you. I have nothing else to say to you. I am a Christian. I try to avoid foolish arguments.
I apologize for getting under your skin. It is all meant in "good fun"
I like Tua - not sure your point?
Your RB's got 67 yards against Jax. I blame the O-line.
You got the win - congratulations! Your O-line is going to have to do better than that, even with Tua.....