• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 Western Conference Finals: 1) Nuggets vs 7) Lakers (Bubble Rematch)

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Vandy should see some time.....let AD be a help defender.

But, Denver has a really dangerous starting 5. Very impressed with them after game 1.

Easily the least respected #1 seed I can think of. Basically every fan of every team that has played them so far this offseason comes out of the game 1 against them saying the exact same thing.

Just think how good they could have been if they didnt spend the max salary slot on Porter Jr. He's a good scorer but does do not much else. If they had moved him for a different wing in the mold of Wiggins, Bridges, Ingram (all who make significantly less than him) in that SF slot, they would really be on to something now. But Porter is still pretty young so maybe he plays his way into eventually earning that deal.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easily the least respected #1 seed I can think of. Basically every fan of every team that has played them so far this offseason comes out of the game 1 against them saying the exact same thing.

Just think how good they could have been if they didnt spend the max salary slot on Porter Jr. He's a good scorer but does do not much else. If they had moved him for a different wing in the mold of Wiggins, Bridges, Ingram (all who make significantly less than him) in that SF slot, they would really be on to something now. But Porter is still pretty young so maybe he plays his way into eventually earning that deal.

They've failed to make it to this point healthy in past years. That's the risk with guys like MPJ. If he's healthy and right, he's tough. If not...you have to turn to depth. Teams should've known what to expect though, especially West teams. Maybe the late season swoon/rest threw teams off? With a full complement of players, Jokic is that much more dangerous.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the first home loss in this series will happen in Los Angeles.
Dance Fuck You GIF by Cico P

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm unsure about his future with the Lakers.

On the one hand he's had some amazing games, but he's also had quite a few absolutely terrible ones. He's been inconsistent as hell.

That's just my personal opinion though.

They need to re-sign him or they lose that salary for nothing (similar to not waiving Beasley). Whether that means trading him ultimately? Who knows.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,789.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wiggins and Ingram make more than MPJ.

FYI.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Maybe the late season swoon/rest threw teams off? With a full complement of players, Jokic is that much more dangerous.

Very possible, Nuggets seemed to have taken the last month of the season off as they were comfortably the #1 seed(which being so dominant early and then taking it easy most likely cost Jokić his 3rd straight MVP as that’s when Embiid passed him because he finished the season stronger) and so I think even Nuggets fans got a little nervous on if they would be able to flip the switch come playoff time.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picked Denver in 6 but seeing how many big leads they blew concerns me. Blow the next game at home after a big lead and I think lakers win the series.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to re-sign him or they lose that salary for nothing (similar to not waiving Beasley). Whether that means trading him ultimately? Who knows.

Off season priority should be re-signing as much of the current roster as possible. Then look to make trades if they feel it's necessary. It's going to be interesting with some of them.

For example, Hillbilly Kobe has definitely earned himself a nice raise...the question is...has he made himself too expensive for the Lakers to keep given the new cba and limited cap space?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't watch the game last night because of a power outage. Went to pull it up on my phone and it only had like 11% battery left. FML. Took me awhile but I dug up an old radio and was able to find the game on an ESPN AM radio affiliate. And I gotta say, their team on radio does a really great job. Marc Kestecher and PJ Carlisimo are top quality. Really helped you visualize what was happening. So if you're ever in a bind, ESPN's radio crew for NBA games is a good option.

My only complaint though was when the Lakers made their run late, Lebron was that the FT line with like 1 minute left to go from 5 to 3, the fucking affiliate CUT TO COMMERCIAL and didn't come back until 26 seconds left. WHAT THE FUCK. It had to have been some kind of prescheduled break done via automation because there's no way a person would be that damn stupid to cut at that time