• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023- Soul 12 Draft Comment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might not walk out of this draft with a Buff.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone probably laughing at me with the selection of Andre Greene Jr. He is a guy I really wanted to take a shot on this year. Had no clue when to take him. Thought I could wait a few rounds but I see some players going the last few rounds I didn't expect to go this early. Didn't want to be surprised and be heartbroken so I went in and splurged now. Just a guy I liked during his recruiting and wanted to give him a shot. Last year I took him at the very end of the draft pretty much knowing I wouldn't get much out of him. Now I take him with a year of experience and IMO, not a real deep WR core at UNC for him to climb the ladder. Had a good spring and got in late last year and made a few plays. We will see. I probably could have waited a bit but I have seen people heartbroken because a guy they really wanted was taken before they thought they needed to take him so I didn't want to fall victim of that. I felt now was the time I could take a swing at him. He can't be worse then Antonio Harmon was for me last year.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone probably laughing at me with the selection of Andre Greene Jr. He is a guy I really wanted to take a shot on this year. Had no clue when to take him. Thought I could wait a few rounds but I see some players going the last few rounds I didn't expect to go this early. Didn't want to be surprised and be heartbroken so I went in and splurged now. Just a guy I liked during his recruiting and wanted to give him a shot. Last year I took him at the very end of the draft pretty much knowing I wouldn't get much out of him. Now I take him with a year of experience and IMO, not a real deep WR core at UNC for him to climb the ladder. Had a good spring and got in late last year and made a few plays. We will see. I probably could have waited a bit but I have seen people heartbroken because a guy they really wanted was taken before they thought they needed to take him so I didn't want to fall victim of that. I felt now was the time I could take a swing at him. He can't be worse then Antonio Harmon was for me last year.

I feel like the later in the draft we go everyone becomes more of a crap shoot. No laughter about these picks.

At this point if a guy I like is there I’m gonna take him even if it maybe seems a bit early because idk what others are thinking and they might get swooped lol. A couple of guys I had my eye on I wasn’t expecting to go before my next few picks are already gone.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the later in the draft we go everyone becomes more of a crap shoot. No laughter about these picks.

At this point if a guy I like is there I’m gonna take him even if it maybe seems a bit early because idk what others are thinking and they might get swooped lol.

It all really comes down to preference now. I think there are times for taking a shot on players you really like and have a good feeling about. Can't do it with every pick but you have to find that mixture. I think early in Soul 12 some people swung for EVERY pick. They wanted to hit a home run on everything. You have to be able to contruct your team a little bit with both. Know when the right opportunity is there to do that.

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked the pick there. It makes a lot of sense. You took a guy you like to root for because you personally like him combined with a year of a experience under his belt going into his second full offseason and camp and wide open UNC depth chart at WR. Same to me with Dante Moore earlier in the draft. It makes sense because he can see the field right away given the depth chart he is in competition with.

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off to bed. I like waking up in the morning to being on the clock. Seems to be my draft spot this year. Early morning before I head to work.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off to bed. I like waking up in the morning to being on the clock. Seems to be my draft spot this year. Early morning before I head to work.

Yeah I don’t mind it either

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all really comes down to preference now. I think there are times for taking a shot on players you really like and have a good feeling about. Can't do it with every pick but you have to find that mixture. I think early in Soul 12 some people swung for EVERY pick. They wanted to hit a home run on everything. You have to be able to contruct your team a little bit with both. Know when the right opportunity is there to do that.

Yeah, this is the best part of the draft imo

Getting the different types of dudes we all like

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is the best part of the draft imo

Getting the different types of dudes we all like

You just really gotta be smart to know which actually have a shot to play right away and of course not use picks on players like that the rest of the draft.. (We have seen this done)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just really gotta be smart to know which actually have a shot to play right away and of course not use picks on players like that the rest of the draft.. (We have seen this done)

Indeed.

I’ve lived it

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think mines all up to date. Ill check when I get into work

Status
Not open for further replies.