• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NFL Draft: Wide Receiver Class

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH...then perhaps you are more sure of what Johnson will be as a pro than I. I thought a ceiling of Bryant was accurate...which IS pretty dang good.
Ugh. No. Dont mind me. I think your comment is accurate. LONG DAY

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Update:

- 10 WRs made both ESPN and CBS Sports' top 100 list: #1 Zay Flowers / Quentin Johnston / Jaxon Smith-Njigba, #4 Jordan Addison, #5 Jalin Hyatt, #6 Josh Downs, #7 Rashee Rice, #8 Tyler Scott, #9 Jayden Reed, and #10 Tank Dell.
- CBS Sports one-minute reviews

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Update:

- 10 WRs made both ESPN and CBS Sports' top 100 list: #1 Zay Flowers / Quentin Johnston / Jaxon Smith-Njigba, #4 Jordan Addison, #5 Jalin Hyatt, #6 Josh Downs, #7 Rashee Rice, #8 Tyler Scott, #9 Jayden Reed, and #10 Tank Dell.
- CBS Sports one-minute reviews
It never ceases to amaze me how players rise or fall in pre-draft rankings. Case in point here is Zay Flowers. For whatever reasons, the past week or so there's been a lot of talk about him skyrocketing up teams BPA boards. Not questioning the kid's talent, hell for all I know he could turn out to be best WR in this year's draft. But not long ago he was often listed at best as a late 1st round/early 2nd round pick in most mock drafts. He was generally in the 4th-8th spot on many WR rankings. I'm just wondering what changed that suddenly caused this kid to become the new 'It Receiver'.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker Washington, Penn State - 5'10, 204 pounds (Draft riser)

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cedric Tillman is a guy I'd like to see Dallas add. Too many half pints. 6'3 215 would work well in Dallas.
4th round not likely, most likely a 3rd.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It never ceases to amaze me how players rise or fall in pre-draft rankings. Case in point here is Zay Flowers. For whatever reasons, the past week or so there's been a lot of talk about him skyrocketing up teams BPA boards. Not questioning the kid's talent, hell for all I know he could turn out to be best WR in this year's draft. But not long ago he was often listed at best as a late 1st round/early 2nd round pick in most mock drafts. He was generally in the 4th-8th spot on many WR rankings. I'm just wondering what changed that suddenly caused this kid to become the new 'It Receiver'.
Combine exposure. Boston College only won three games.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly because ppl don't get deep into looking at film until after football is over. Playing at BC doesn't get you a lot of exposure like TCU, USC, Tenn or OSU but eventually the scouts / draft community will find you if you're good

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two question marks with Zay Flowers were his hands and his ability to play outside. If his stock is going up, its because he has been showing teams all offseason that he has better hands than his film on a bad team suggests and can play outside.

I know one of Zay Flowers 'bad' games on film is his game against Sauce Gardner but I think scouts probably give him some slack because Sauce Gardner might be a generational CB.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two question marks with Zay Flowers were his hands and his ability to play outside. If his stock is going up, its because he has been showing teams all offseason that he has better hands than his film on a bad team suggests and can play outside.

I know one of Zay Flowers 'bad' games on film is his game against Sauce Gardner but I think scouts probably give him some slack because Sauce Gardner might be a generational CB.
Playing on the outside 65% of his snaps at BC helps and the success of other WRs with similar body types like Hilton, Lockett, AB, Steve Smith.
Cool to see Zay v Sauce but it's hard to say how he really looked with the TV angle we get from ESPN and how bad the backup QB was playing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing on the outside 65% of his snaps at BC helps and the success of other WRs with similar body types like Hilton, Lockett, AB, Steve Smith.
It kinda makes me wonder if the Chiefs would consider Tyler Scott from Cinci. Flowers is an inch shorter, has 5 extra LBs, ran a 4.42, 1.53 10 yd split while Scott ran a 4.44 and a 1.56 10 yd split. Like Flowers, Scott was outside quite a bit in Cinci. I feel that Flowers going to KC at 31 is pretty much a lock in any mock draft that would have Flowers fall that far so I wonder what KC thinks about Scott.

Mahomes giving Flowers and Johnston a public workout is pretty wild. Do we really need to be boosting their draft stock? Oh well

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kinda makes me wonder if the Chiefs would consider Tyler Scott from Cinci. Flowers is an inch shorter, has 5 extra LBs, ran a 4.42, 1.53 10 yd split while Scott ran a 4.44 and a 1.56 10 yd split. Like Flowers, Scott was outside quite a bit in Cinci. I feel that Flowers going to KC at 31 is pretty much a lock in any mock draft that would have Flowers fall that far so I wonder what KC thinks about Scott.

Mahomes giving Flowers and Johnston a public workout is pretty wild. Do we really need to be boosting their draft stock? Oh well
Haven't seen much of Scott but I can see it. Looking at KC they have young guys like (5'10) Sky Moore and Kadarius Toney already, what's your thoughts on Jonathan Mingo? I think he would fit well on the outside over there at 6'2 220lb - 4.46 40 Yard

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Scott is more explosive but seems like a more linear WR, mostly just a deep threat early on. Neither did the 3-cone or short-shuttle at the combine though, which would help compare further.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rashee Rice measured in at 6'0 so I suspect he'll drop to rd3-4.

Apparently the two knocks on Rice is that he doesn't always separate well against poor competition and he just isnt consistent on tape in terms of burst and effort. That said...yeah...trade down and take a receiver. Or trade down and take someone outside of receiver. This class kinda stinks.

Rice and Johnson measured shorter than advertised, Addison, Hyatt, and Scott were all a bit slower than people thought, Addison smaller than people thought, Boutte just absoltely bombed his combine. Rakim Jarrett was a top prospect and he kinda bombed in college. Michael Wilson was a top prospect that couldnt stay on the field.

Bleh. There will be some good WRs out of this class but its hard to know where to take that risk because a lot of these guys are going to totally flop
Rice went into the 2nd round and got drafted by........................