• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 draft prospects

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, every scout had CY as the best defensive player in the draft. No one can forecast an acl injury. So of course, his injury affects his performance. He had a great rookie year. Every scout had Tua as the #2 rated qb in the draft. You're commenting on now versus at the time we picked. That is Monday morning Qbing.

There were two choices at that time of the draft. Go with #1 defensive player in CY or go QB with Tua. Being RR is a defensive coach no one should have been surprised from the pick being a premier defensive position like DE.

Hs it worked out so far? No Has CY lived up to #2 status? No, BUT you have to factor in the injury where no one can forecast. You are bringing up Herbert b/c he is successful with the Chargers.
another falsehood you are perpetuating , the 10 full games he played before the injury were awful , 1.5 sacks , no big plays , no game changing plays and constant lack of discipline in the run game . thats performance not injury .

and no not every single scout had tua rated the number 2 qb in that draft , a ridiculous statement but even your assertion backs up my claim that it was poor scouting , scouts should have known that and hell tua had a broken hip !

and there was 2 choices dean , tua had a damn broken hip so in my world he isnt a consideration at 2 overall and it was clowney or herbert not tua

and you can call it whatever the hell you want to call it but this team didnt have a qb , haskins didnt perform at all , and qb should have been the pick

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another falsehood you are perpetuating , the 10 full games he played before the injury were awful , 1.5 sacks , no big plays , no game changing plays and constant lack of discipline in the run game . thats performance not injury .

and no not every single scout had tua rated the number 2 qb in that draft , a ridiculous statement but even your assertion backs up my claim that it was poor scouting , scouts should have known that and hell tua had a broken hip !

and there was 2 choices dean , tua had a damn broken hip so in my world he isnt a consideration at 2 overall and it was clowney or herbert not tua

and you can call it whatever the hell you want to call it but this team didnt have a qb , haskins didnt perform at all , and qb should have been the pick

you cant fault scouting for CY. that is crazy. Of course, the scouts had tua at #2 b/c of the hip injury. Not a ridiculous statement. The injury was not a career ender. He probably would have been #1 if the hip injury didnt happen. I agree CY wasn't playing well before the injury. you cant fault scouts for having Tua ranked #2 for QB. Haskins never got a shot to play at the time. He was a big unknown.

you have every right to say QB should have been the pick but with RR in charge you should have known it wasn't going to be. Herbert didnt even have a 90 grade from scouts inc at the time. Tua had the higher draft grade.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant fault scouting for CY. that is crazy. Of course, the scouts had tua at #2 b/c of the hip injury. Not a ridiculous statement. The injury was not a career ender. He probably would have been #1 if the hip injury didnt happen. I agree CY wasn't playing well before the injury. you cant fault scouts for having Tua ranked #2 for QB. Haskins never got a shot to play at the time. He was a big unknown.

you have every right to say QB should have been the pick but with RR in charge you should have known it wasn't going to be. Herbert didnt even have a 90 grade from scouts inc at the time. Tua had the higher draft grade.
i can and i will , and its clear and was clear herbert was the better qb

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clear at draft time? wow.
yes it was , look at his sr bowl (herbert ) bigger , stronger , faster , better arm , and healthier and as their careers have developed its clear herbert is by far the better qb

scouts are paid to KNOW this and if they fail they are accountable for the miss .

tua was supported by way better talent at alabama which should have factored in on evaluations as well and better coaching

that was KNOWN at the time as well

they looked at tua and wins and forgot about the talent around him . herbert had good teams but nowhere near the talent of those alabama teams

you cant tell me that tua was more talented at the time then herbert , not buying that and in the pro's tua's arm limits him

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes it was , look at his sr bowl (herbert ) bigger , stronger , faster , better arm , and healthier and as their careers have developed its clear herbert is by far the better qb

scouts are paid to KNOW this and if they fail they are accountable for the miss .

tua was supported by way better talent at alabama which should have factored in on evaluations as well and better coaching

that was KNOWN at the time as well

they looked at tua and wins and forgot about the talent around him . herbert had good teams but nowhere near the talent of those alabama teams

you cant tell me that tua was more talented at the time then herbert , not buying that and in the pro's tua's arm limits him

Herbert went into a better situation with Allen and Eckler on his team. I agree Herbet is the better QB right now but at the time of draft evaluations Tua was ranked #2. From draft punidts to nfl front offices. Draft grades were all high on him and I Never saw anything to give an argument that Tua will be QB#3 in the draft. Once the hip got cleared, he was #2.

You can same the same thing about Young and Stroud in this draft that they were surrounded by elite talent. Scouts had Tua #1 before the hip injury then Burrow had a crazy season plus tua's hip bounced him to QB#2. I dont remember any draft buzz about Herbert being in the conversation for QB#2.

So you are saying the scouting departments for Us, Detroit, Giants, and Miami all got it wrong about the QB position in the 2020 draft. So the scouts were wrong about Jalen Hurts too b/c why did he fall to the 2nd round?

As far as your rankings I want you to put a separate thread up and post your top 10 rankings for CB, OL, and TE for this years draft.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert went into a better situation with Allen and Eckler on his team. I agree Herbet is the better QB right now but at the time of draft evaluations Tua was ranked #2. From draft punidts to nfl front offices. Draft grades were all high on him and I Never saw anything to give an argument that Tua will be QB#3 in the draft. Once the hip got cleared, he was #2.

You can same the same thing about Young and Stroud in this draft that they were surrounded by elite talent. Scouts had Tua #1 before the hip injury then Burrow had a crazy season plus tua's hip bounced him to QB#2. I dont remember any draft buzz about Herbert being in the conversation for QB#2.

So you are saying the scouting departments for Us, Detroit, Giants, and Miami all got it wrong about the QB position in the 2020 draft. So the scouts were wrong about Jalen Hurts too b/c why did he fall to the 2nd round?

As far as your rankings I want you to put a separate thread up and post your top 10 rankings for CB, OL, and TE for this years draft.
all scouts who had tua ahead of herbert were wrong at the time and now . i said it then and i say it now

no the scouts werent wrong about hurts they were smart and got great value in round 2

as for young and stroud , indeed that can be said as well although alabama wasnt as strong this year as in the past

i am saying that its a factor that needs to be taken into account instead of the ramblings of pundits

right now CY is playing and his career is trending like Clowney's . an over rated over drafted player who looks to be good but not a game changer like the number 2 overall player should be .

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all scouts who had tua ahead of herbert were wrong at the time and now . i said it then and i say it now

no the scouts werent wrong about hurts they were smart and got great value in round 2

as for young and stroud , indeed that can be said as well although alabama wasnt as strong this year as in the past

i am saying that its a factor that needs to be taken into account instead of the ramblings of pundits

right now CY is playing and his career is trending like Clowney's . an over rated over drafted player who looks to be good but not a game changer like the number 2 overall player should be .

I agree this is a big year for CY.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then you would have to trade down some then in round 1 , you cant go CB then qb without hitting the o/line (iol and OT )
me personally he tore his ACL and he will be 26 before you get a real feel for him
i would rather just wait till next year and get a qb

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interest is fine, legit interest concerns me

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Duke watches a bunch of Tennessee football and says this would be a huge mistake and I've heard guys on podcast say the same thing. Mentioned the gimmick offense. His name just seems to keep coming up.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then you would have to trade down some then in round 1 , you cant go CB then qb without hitting the o/line (iol and OT )
me personally he tore his ACL and he will be 26 before you get a real feel for him
i would rather just wait till next year and get a qb
I would rather trade a 3rd or player for Lance.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
draft rumors are saying Hooker is a first-round pick. If he is on the board at #16 maybe some team will give us a nice package to trade down. I cant see how we would pick him at 16 when RR 's job is on the line this year. Last year when we moved from #11 to #16, we picked up a 3rd and 4th round pick. Going from #16 into the early 20's should gain us probably the same. If its Hooker someone wants, maybe we get more draft compensation. If Somehow Levis is there, then a better package could be had.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
draft rumors are saying Hooker is a first-round pick. If he is on the board at #16 maybe some team will give us a nice package to trade down. I cant see how we would pick him at 16 when RR 's job is on the line this year. Last year when we moved from #11 to #16, we picked up a 3rd and 4th round pick. Going from #16 into the early 20's should gain us probably the same. If its Hooker someone wants, maybe we get more draft compensation. If Somehow Levis is there, then a better package could be had.
anyone picking hooker in round one should be fired immediately

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3