• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Packers offseason

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the difference is you held Rodgers too accountable when you said this:

and I called you on it.
Lol. How is that holding Rodgers TOO accountable? He choked in the last playoff game with the rest of his team.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rumblings of Darren Waller coming to GB. Sounds like they wanted him in the Tae trade but league rules prohibited it. I'd be happy

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rumblings of Darren Waller coming to GB. Sounds like they wanted him in the Tae trade but league rules prohibited it. I'd be happy
Ive seen similar rumors. I dont buy it unless its for our last 2nd round pick or worse and why would the Raiders do that? Granted they like their backup

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive seen similar rumors. I dont buy it unless its for our last 2nd round pick or worse and why would the Raiders do that? Granted they like their backup
My assumption is that the situation is more of the Packers requesting than Raiders offering. If I'm the Raiders, I listen to the offers and see what comes of it; if the Packers offer a nice package maybe I pull the trigger.

My expectation is that the Packers kicked the tires, but don't buy.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers draft Day 1
- 22nd: Quay Walker - LB Georgia
- 28th: Devontee Wyatt - DL Georgia

See grades all over the board for the Packers for Day 1 from A to D.

After Burks went to Titans I was happy Packers did not reach for a WR in round 1, also happy they did not move up the board to draft a WR. My expectation is they will find a WR in 2nd round with draft capital they have to move around. If a run starts, they will move up if needed.

Gutey has done pretty good drafting defense in round 1 IMO (Alexander, Gary, Savage, Stokes)... if that trend continues with Walker and Wyatt this defense could be extremely good.

Only question I have at this point is Jermaine Johnson... he fell far from NFL mocks and was available for the Packers at #22. Always good to have pass rushers in this league, if he turns out to be a steal, will feel like TJ Watt all over again.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers draft Day 1
- 22nd: Quay Walker - LB Georgia
- 28th: Devontee Wyatt - DL Georgia

See grades all over the board for the Packers for Day 1 from A to D.

After Burks went to Titans I was happy Packers did not reach for a WR in round 1, also happy they did not move up the board to draft a WR. My expectation is they will find a WR in 2nd round with draft capital they have to move around. If a run starts, they will move up if needed.

Gutey has done pretty good drafting defense in round 1 IMO (Alexander, Gary, Savage, Stokes)... if that trend continues with Walker and Wyatt this defense could be extremely good.

Only question I have at this point is Jermaine Johnson... he fell far from NFL mocks and was available for the Packers at #22. Always good to have pass rushers in this league, if he turns out to be a steal, will feel like TJ Watt all over again.
He has been good picking some good defensive players except the linebacker position. Hasn’t picked a playmaker yet. Saw the same on the grades. One article I saw gave Walker a D. They said he wasn’t even the best LB on the Bulldogs. You just don’t know until the bullets start flying.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with the draft so far. Best way to help the offense is make a defense that can't be scored on. I wouldn't mind seeing Gute go after Pickens in round 2

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with the draft so far. Best way to help the offense is make a defense that can't be scored on. I wouldn't mind seeing Gute go after Pickens in round 2

This is what I was thinking....guy with 1st round talent that has been bitten by injury bug. Based on how the WRs went so early in the first, I'm guessing the guys left will start going early in the 2nd. I'm not sure moving up makes sense though, I like the ability to take more guys in the top 100 of the draft than less. Depth tends to be very helpful, especially depth on rookie deals. Plus, how much do any of us really know about the players drafted, we're not scouts or paid to evaluate players, we only know what we've seen of them on TV and read about them by the media honks (and most of them are honks). While WR is a need for sure, they also need depth all over the field, competitive depth to push the guys that start to keep their jobs and maybe even take a few of those jobs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several WRs left with Rd 2 grades I still think would be good: Watson, Moore, Pierce, Pickens, Metchie. If run starts early 2nd I could see Packers moving up... if no run, then I think they stay put to keep all their Day2 picks.

TE McBride could be in play for 2nd round as well.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been good picking some good defensive players except the linebacker position. Hasn’t picked a playmaker yet. Saw the same on the grades. One article I saw gave Walker a D. They said he wasn’t even the best LB on the Bulldogs. You just don’t know until the bullets start flying.
What linebackers has he used a valuable high round pick on to truly judge off? Mid-late round guys are 50/50 at best to begin with

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than a TE this draft has been a good one so far. I like the 2 wr picks. Been watching Doubs for a few years at UNR. Kid can ball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on Packers draft posted in main NFL forum

Positives:
  • With the WR run early prior to GB pick I am happy they did not reach for WR at #22 or #28
  • This Packers GM has hit on defensive picks in 1st round (Alexander, Gary, Savage and Stokes) looking for fast athletic players. Walker and Wyatt both appear to fit this profile as well. If they pan out, Packers defense could be very good.
  • Picked up Watson in 2nd and Doubs in 4th round for some WR competition. None of the top names, but bringing in competition.
  • Like Rhyan (3rd rd) and Tom (4th rd) picks for OL... these look like Packers picks from middle of draft that tend to make it as starters eventually. Packers have done well drafting in middle rounds for OL, Bakhtiari, Linsley, Tretter, Sitton and Lang all drafted in middle rounds and at some point were All Pro or Pro Bowl players.
  • Some of the middle/late round picks appear they will help our #32 special teams situation.
Negatives:
  • WR run early in 1st round... was hoping Olave or Burks may drop to Packers, but did not happen.
  • Jermaine Johnson was there for Packers to pick at #22 and they passed. Unsure why he was falling... but for many, he was top 10-12 talent in the draft and plays a premium position with rushing the QB. Can never have too many pass rushers. Packers passed on TJ Watt in 1st round a few years ago.... not saying he is the next TJ Watt, but I experienced some deja vu with passing on him at #22.
  • Did not like Packers using their two 2nd round picks to move all the way up.... they got robbed on draft chart value. They always say do not fall in love with 1 player... but I think Packers felt pressure to get their WR in 2nd round and paid the price for it.
  • Walker felt like small reach in 1st round... maybe they could have moved back some spots and still got him and pick up some draft capital in process. Again I think they fell in love with the player.
Always takes a few years to know if draft was a success. For now I am intrigued with the selections.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy they traded up for Watson. The more I read up on this kid the more impressed I am. Overall I think this draft class is going to be one of our better ones in a while

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What linebackers has he used a valuable high round pick on to truly judge off? Mid-late round guys are 50/50 at best to begin with
Valid point. I would have to look at past drafts to see but the last impacting LB that GB drafted would have to be CMIII i believe but he was a first round pick. I know GB has needs but for a team that runs a hybrid 3/4 you would think they would make that a high priority drafting position year in and year out but im just a minion so.... lets see what Walker brings to the table.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaire locked in for 4 more years. Defense is set for the foreseeable future

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaire locked in for 4 more years. Defense is set for the foreseeable future
This probably wouldn't have been possible if Adams was retained. And I'm good with that. If you really think about it, having an elite CB is more valuable than having an elite WR. Offenses are designed to spread the ball around to WRs, RBs & TEs and none of those position groups are a necessity on every play. You need CBs doing their job on every play.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by not retaining Adams we were able to sign Campbell, Douglas and Jaire for a few years as well as get Wyatt and Watson. I'm perfectly fine with the trade

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like it was a misunderstanding to me. Should be easy to smooth over

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like it was a misunderstanding to me. Should be easy to smooth over
I agree that it was a misunderstanding, but there are red flags all over this story. If Jenkins read "being skipped over for a seat" as "racism", then that tells me he's actively looking for racism in things - which tells me he's not comfortable living in predominantly-white Green Bay. "Not comfortable here" leads me to suspect he may not be interested in sticking around when his contract expires.

Yes, the situation could be easily smoothed over; but I'm not so sure Jenkins is interested in smoothing it over.

I could easily be reading too much into this, but this at least enlightens cause for concern from a Packers fan's perspective. We may have no choice but to lose a key member of our OL - not necessarily because of a local restaurant misunderstanding, but because he's not comfortable here & would like to take his services elsewhere.