• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Packers offseason

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread for 2022 offseason

Packers resigned Rasul Douglas on 3 yr $21M deal it appears... can be up to $25.5M

Already brought back Campbell, so starting defense from end of 2021 is back it appears and Alexander returns. Owen Burks signed with SF, but do not consider that a big loss.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread for 2022 offseason

Packers resigned Rasul Douglas on 3 yr $21M deal it appears... can be up to $25.5M

Already brought back Campbell, so starting defense from end of 2021 is back it appears and Alexander returns. Owen Burks signed with SF, but do not consider that a big loss.
Burks was a massive help on ST but as for defense he was very meh

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far I'm pretty happy with the offseason. I see a trade for a wr coming soon and am pretty excited for the draft

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far I'm pretty happy with the offseason. I see a trade for a wr coming soon and am pretty excited for the draft
Yeah, if Rodgers has to rely on Cobb, Lazard, Amari Rodgers and a couple rookies as his top five receivers, the passing offense is in trouble. Gute & Co. need to work the phones for sure.

Cobb lost a step & was always a slot guy. Lazard is a fantastic blocker, but he's not exceptionally fast or athletic or a crisp route runner; he'll certainly not match up well against #1 CBs. Amari Rodgers has done nothing yet to prove he belongs in the NFL.

Beyond the weaker WR corps, Gute & Co. did a great job of keeping the right pieces to retain team competitiveness. Given how bad it could have been and how much cap rework was necessary, he's done a dang fine job.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
picked up Watkins for a year :noidea:
He's a reasonably cheap veteran filler receiver who can still make an impact on the field when healthy. I feel better about that than having Amari Rodgers currently slated as our 2nd wideout this year.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A No 1 WO will be a must if they want to continue to have success but lets not forget about special teams and the current choke streak that Rodgers is on in post season. Some how, some way they will need 2010 Rodgers to get back to the promise land.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A No 1 WO will be a must if they want to continue to have success but lets not forget about special teams and the current choke streak that Rodgers is on in post season. Some how, some way they will need 2010 Rodgers to get back to the promise land.
At the moment, I expect Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon to lead the team in receptions this coming year. The GB offense can have success with that.

Also, Rodgers has spread the ball around more when he was without Adams in the lineup and still had good success. In fact, Rodgers leaned too heavily on Adams at times over these past few years and when the opposing D would take him away the offense would stall off. Not having Adams hurts the O, but it is also a two-sided coin that could help the offense in other ways.

Finally, please don't get roped into that "choke-artist-Rodgers" rabble. Yes, he's had some sub-MVP-level playoff games over the years, but so has Tom Brady. The NFL isn't a one-man show. Pinning wins and losses on one player is BS. Every team has 53 players and dozens of coaches, trainers and administrators that factor into every game. To have success in the NFL playoffs you need heavy doses of health, luck and momentum to go along with the skill, preparation and execution.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the moment, I expect Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon to lead the team in receptions this coming year. The GB offense can have success with that.

Also, Rodgers has spread the ball around more when he was without Adams in the lineup and still had good success. In fact, Rodgers leaned too heavily on Adams at times over these past few years and when the opposing D would take him away the offense would stall off. Not having Adams hurts the O, but it is also a two-sided coin that could help the offense in other ways.

Finally, please don't get roped into that "choke-artist-Rodgers" rabble. Yes, he's had some sub-MVP-level playoff games over the years, but so has Tom Brady. The NFL isn't a one-man show. Pinning wins and losses on one player is BS. Every team has 53 players and dozens of coaches, trainers and administrators that factor into every game. To have success in the NFL playoffs you need heavy doses of health, luck and momentum to go along with the skill, preparation and execution.

I think Rodgers spreading the ball around without Adams is a valid point. He needs to keep that mentality until the Lombardi trophy is raised.

Yes, its a team sport and everybody/unit needs to do their part. That said, the QB is the driver of the bus. As he goes so does the bus. Lets just take the last playoff game for example. They lost to a team that did not score an offensive TD. Thats pretty embarrassing. GB defense did their job. GB offense, not so much. Again, team effort but if the QB has horse blinders on trying to throw into double coverage then the odds of the offense being successful are minimal. i dont recall exactly but i believe Rodgers was horrible against SF in SF for that playoff game where SF threw it like 2 times the entire game.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, its a team sport and everybody/unit needs to do their part. That said, the QB is the driver of the bus. As he goes so does the bus. Lets just take the last playoff game for example. They lost to a team that did not score an offensive TD. Thats pretty embarrassing. GB defense did their job. GB offense, not so much. Again, team effort but if the QB has horse blinders on trying to throw into double coverage then the odds of the offense being successful are minimal. i dont recall exactly but i believe Rodgers was horrible against SF in SF for that playoff game where SF threw it like 2 times the entire game.

Let's analyze the most recent GB-SF playoff game per possession:

1) GB marched down the field on the opening possession with ease. So easy that it looked like GB was gonna stomp all over SF. (7-0)
2) Second possession they were marching down with ease again - moved the ball into SF territory in 4 plays; then on the 5th play Mercedes Lewis fumbled the ball away.
3) Rodgers tried a deep shot on 3rd & 6 that was incomplete.
4) Lazard was penalized for a false start on 3rd & 3, then Rodgers was sacked on 3rd & 8.
5) Jones for -1, Rodgers sacked for 0, 3rd & 11 and they got 9.
6) The offense moved the ball from their own 4 yard line to the SF 14 in 30 seconds. Then Rodgers got sacked again & Rodgers spiked the ball to make it 3rd & 17 with only 3 seconds left in the half - only to have Crosby's field goal attempt blocked.
--
(7-3)
In GB's kickoff return following SF's opening possession FG, Dillon broke a rib and didn't play the remainder of the game.
7) 3 & out on two incomplete passes and 6 yard reception by Jones.
8) Moved the ball from the GB 28 to 1st & goal at the SF 7. 2 yard run by Jones, False Start on Kelly for -5, 2 yard reception by Jones, Rodgers sacked again on 3rd down. Crosby hits FG. (10-3)
9) Jones runs for 2, incomplete to Adams, Rodgers sacked again for -11, punt blocked for SF TD. (10-10)
10) Penalty on Runyan - 1st & 15, Adams for 4, incomplete to Cobb, incomplete to Adams, another false start pushing it back to 4th & 16 from the GB 23.
...Then SF marches down the field for a game-winning FG as time expires. (10-13)

To summarize, the Packers had 10 possessions.
- 5 ended due to poor offensive line play (blocked FG, blocked punt, penalties, sacks)
- 2 scoring drives; one of them wasn't a TD due to poor offensive line play
- 2 ended by simply not getting enough yards to get a first down.
- 1 ended on a fumble by the TE

...And Rodgers is labeled a "choke artist" from this?...

:tsk:

You can't blame the bus driver for not making it to the destination on time when the engine on the bus overheats and a tire blows and a wreck on the highway stops traffic and etc. and etc. and etc.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's analyze the most recent GB-SF playoff game per possession:

1) GB marched down the field on the opening possession with ease. So easy that it looked like GB was gonna stomp all over SF. (7-0)
2) Second possession they were marching down with ease again - moved the ball into SF territory in 4 plays; then on the 5th play Mercedes Lewis fumbled the ball away.
3) Rodgers tried a deep shot on 3rd & 6 that was incomplete.
4) Lazard was penalized for a false start on 3rd & 3, then Rodgers was sacked on 3rd & 8.
5) Jones for -1, Rodgers sacked for 0, 3rd & 11 and they got 9.
6) The offense moved the ball from their own 4 yard line to the SF 14 in 30 seconds. Then Rodgers got sacked again & Rodgers spiked the ball to make it 3rd & 17 with only 3 seconds left in the half - only to have Crosby's field goal attempt blocked.
--
(7-3)
In GB's kickoff return following SF's opening possession FG, Dillon broke a rib and didn't play the remainder of the game.
7) 3 & out on two incomplete passes and 6 yard reception by Jones.
8) Moved the ball from the GB 28 to 1st & goal at the SF 7. 2 yard run by Jones, False Start on Kelly for -5, 2 yard reception by Jones, Rodgers sacked again on 3rd down. Crosby hits FG. (10-3)
9) Jones runs for 2, incomplete to Adams, Rodgers sacked again for -11, punt blocked for SF TD. (10-10)
10) Penalty on Runyan - 1st & 15, Adams for 4, incomplete to Cobb, incomplete to Adams, another false start pushing it back to 4th & 16 from the GB 23.
...Then SF marches down the field for a game-winning FG as time expires. (10-13)

To summarize, the Packers had 10 possessions.
- 5 ended due to poor offensive line play (blocked FG, blocked punt, penalties, sacks)
- 2 scoring drives; one of them wasn't a TD due to poor offensive line play
- 2 ended by simply not getting enough yards to get a first down.
- 1 ended on a fumble by the TE

...And Rodgers is labeled a "choke artist" from this?...

:tsk:

You can't blame the bus driver for not making it to the destination on time when the engine on the bus overheats and a tire blows and a wreck on the highway stops traffic and etc. and etc. and etc.
4. 5. 6. 8. 9. Rodgers was sacked. Out of those sacks, how many were because Rodgers held on to the ball to long? He is notorious for holding onto the ball to long so... 5 sacks is a lot. The 9ers had 1 sack in the regular season game against GB so what was different in the playoffs? strategy? effort?

I'll restate what i posted earlier, its a team sport and there is plenty of blame to go around. I could go back and look at the game and cherry pick like you did and leave out bits and pieces that make it look like its everybody's fault but Rodgers but i think we need to look at it in its entirety.

Here is an example of picking and choosing-
a 13-10 loss to the San Francisco 49ers in which Rodgers uncharacteristically struggled with accuracy and decision-making. This is from a Packers Central article.

I dont put all the blame on 12 but if doesnt play lights out in post season the odds of GB being successful are greatly reduced.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. 5. 6. 8. 9. Rodgers was sacked. Out of those sacks, how many were because Rodgers held on to the ball to long? He is notorious for holding onto the ball to long so... 5 sacks is a lot. The 9ers had 1 sack in the regular season game against GB so what was different in the playoffs? strategy? effort?

I'll restate what i posted earlier, its a team sport and there is plenty of blame to go around. I could go back and look at the game and cherry pick like you did and leave out bits and pieces that make it look like its everybody's fault but Rodgers but i think we need to look at it in its entirety.

a 13-10 loss to the San Francisco 49ers in which Rodgers uncharacteristically struggled with accuracy and decision-making. This is from a Packers Central article.

I dont put all the blame on 12 but if doesnt play lights out in post season the odds of GB being successful are greatly reduced.
What exactly am I cherry picking? I logged every possession in the game; that's not cherry picking, that's painting the complete picture. And by doing so, reinforced that fingers need to be pointed at much more than just Rodgers for the underwhelming offensive output in the game.

If your offensive line struggles to stop the pass rush, struggles to open running lanes and keeps taking pre-snap penalties, your offense is gonna have a bad day. And that's what happened. The 49ers won the trenches and because of that won the game.

Also, just because some random low-level media member with a blog says something doesn't make it fact. He had a 69% completion percentage against SF in the playoffs - which is the exact same completion percentage he had for his league MVP '21 season.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blame for the loss goes in this order:

1. Special Teams
2. Coaching - the decision to play Turner at LTY and Kelly at RT was criminal

everything else was in the moment. Sure players missed a play/block/throw/catch here or there but if not for the first two its all moot.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Special Teams

everything else was in the moment. Sure players missed a play/block/throw/catch here or there but if not for the first two its all moot.
When Dillon got hurt, it was very obvious that it messed up LaFleur's offensive game plan for the second half and he failed to adjust swiftly or adequately. I like the job LaFleur has done overall thus far; but I agree, he simply wasn't good in that game.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The decision with the tackles said it all. Just abysmal and once he had to go off script the OL was awful.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly am I cherry picking? I logged every possession in the game; that's not cherry picking, that's painting the complete picture. And by doing so, reinforced that fingers need to be pointed at much more than just Rodgers for the underwhelming offensive output in the game.

If your offensive line struggles to stop the pass rush, struggles to open running lanes and keeps taking pre-snap penalties, your offense is gonna have a bad day. And that's what happened. The 49ers won the trenches and because of that won the game.

Also, just because some random low-level media member with a blog says something doesn't make it fact. He had a 69% completion percentage against SF in the playoffs - which is the exact same completion percentage he had for his league MVP '21 season.
What I’m saying is you are leaving out the whole story. I have no doubt a number of the sacks were on the line but all of them? 12 has taken numerous sacks over his career for holding onto the ball to long. How bout throwing into double coverage instead of wide open receivers to keep the drive going? The difference in this conversation is I hold 12 accountable along with the rest of the team. You seem he can’t do wrong for some reason.

I’m sure if I did a google search I would find multiple articles on AR being just as much responsible for GB’s playoff loses along with the rest of the team.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Special Teams

No doubt. I’ll take it a step further and add the front office/mgt to the list of who to blame. Special teams was a nightmare all season long but it appeared nothing was done about it.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I’m saying is you are leaving out the whole story. I have no doubt a number of the sacks were on the line but all of them? 12 has taken numerous sacks over his career for holding onto the ball to long. How bout throwing into double coverage instead of wide open receivers to keep the drive going? The difference in this conversation is I hold 12 accountable along with the rest of the team. You seem he can’t do wrong for some reason.

I’m sure if I did a google search I would find multiple articles on AR being just as much responsible for GB’s playoff loses along with the rest of the team.

No, the difference is you held Rodgers too accountable when you said this:

and I called you on it.