• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 draft prospects

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Lances or Fields production would be acceptable here on DC and we would have given up resources to get either of them and neither has performed as well as BU falco

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Lances or Fields production would be acceptable here on DC and we would have given up resources to get either of them and neither has performed as well as BU falco
The point, in every case it's about 20% player and 80% where he ends up. BTW: how do you know that their current production would have been the same here? What happened to "In Ron we trust?"

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point, in every case it's about 20% player and 80% where he ends up. BTW: how do you know that their current production would have been the same here? What happened to "In Ron we trust?"
You have made the case we have ruined qbs . An elite qb is going to show up right away and less then that will take time . Have we ruined the take times ? Perhaps , but KC certainly has shown well for where he was drafted and where he went too.

I would much rather have him slinging he ball for us then what we have had since . Haskins is a bum behind Mason freaking Rudolph

I don’t believe Lance or Fields have elite in them . With time maybe avg to above avg , they aren’t seeing the game . Jones and Lawrence are showing it

And if they need more time then why doesn’t falco get more time before these sweeping judgements . He is outplaying all of the rookies statistically.

However Lance and Fields are “ carry the team guys “ ?

You see right away that falco is a BU but not the others ?

Now I see 3 qbs in this upcoming draft that can work for us . They look like they have the arm talent , the processing ability , and accuracy to be good qbs

The others are projects with some tools

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Spurrier did any favors for QBs (Ramsey) when he was here. I think Ramsey was a career backup though.

Campbell was in the wrong offense with Zorn, even so I think he was a middling QB at best.

Some think Griffin could have been good. I don't think so. We hoped he was Lamar, he was not.

Maybe some day Haskins works out but I am not betting the farm on that. I thought he was a reach.

I liked Cousins coming out of school he has exceeded my expectations.

There have been a lot of really bad QBs here. I would say Brad Johnson (let go for Jeff "Stinking" George), Campbell and Cousins were the best here in the Snyder era.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have made the case we have ruined qbs . An elite qb is going to show up right away and less then that will take time . Have we ruined the take times ? Perhaps , but KC certainly has shown well for where he was drafted and where he went too.

I would much rather have him slinging he ball for us then what we have had since . Haskins is a bum behind Mason freaking Rudolph

I don’t believe Lance or Fields have elite in them . With time maybe avg to above avg , they aren’t seeing the game . Jones and Lawrence are showing it

And if they need more time then why doesn’t falco get more time before these sweeping judgements . He is outplaying all of the rookies statistically.

However Lance and Fields are “ carry the team guys “ ?

You see right away that falco is a BU but not the others ?

Now I see 3 qbs in this upcoming draft that can work for us . They look like they have the arm talent , the processing ability , and accuracy to be good qbs

The others are projects with some tools
I stand by that position regarding "ruining QB's" and add careers on top of it. Hell, look at what's currently happening to a lot of talent on this team! How are they being ruined? Tick, tick, tick, tick goes the clock on careers that typically last 3 to 5 years!

My position on Kirk evolved everyone who has followed knows that. I'll also stick with the proposition that had he stayed, been paid as a top flight QB, and the organization stuck with not using him in a supporting role, he would not have lasted very long because of that and this place. He was smart to leave, not to mention enriched! Good for him!

We'll see about Haskins.

False equivalency between the youngsters just in their first season and "Falco" as you call him, who is 28 years old, been around the league, signed and rejected several times because his upside is what we witnessed in that playoff game. No slight on him but as I mentioned many months ago, given the choices between what we currently have, he's my backup. The rest can kick rocks.

Both Fields and Lance are extremely young with much greater upside that Taylor has. They are "carry team" guys but Fields is likely to be killed because of where he is and who's coaching him. Matt Nagy, is totally mishandling this guy! As for Lance, it's just a matter of time for him before he takes full control of the Niners.

The difference between you and I is the same as wanting something that "works for us" and wanting something substantially better than that. I will admit that your approach is more realistic than my own albeit, far less likely to garner championships at his best, and sustained playoff appearances for as long as he's here. This last note comes with a caveat though, and that is, your guy can't be the focal point or paid as one, but a supporting character in any runs. (see: Cousins, Tannehill)

I do like the choices in the upcoming draft, just NOT any of them as early first rounders.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep a couple, There's nothing that will move KT from being the first name called, outside of some sort of physical disaster. Hamilton should be number 2, but I'm wondering how badly damaged his knee is now. He will miss this next game, I know for sure. Neal is that rare road grader and pancake maker who could push for that second spot. Where ever Stingley goes he will be CB1 by his 2nd year.

Desperation for QB's may alter all of their draft positions. If Washington stays at pick #6, a slight move down could net them more in this draft, but again it's all about those first 3 QBs.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Washington stays at pick #6
As of today, looks like we are pick #9. Are you estimating draft order based on your expected 4-5 wins this year?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McShay likes Willis.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 qbs will go off the board at 1 and 2 both the Texans and Detroit will go qb

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Howell at 9 ????

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't seem that surprising.

We all know there is the draft board and then there is the QB draft board.

Right now we've got Lions, Texans and Iggles all QB hungry ahead of us. you could argue Giants and Dolphins too