• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 draft prospects

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Football Team
  • WAS

Garrett Wilson
    WR Ohio State

• WAS

Trey McBride
    TE Colorado State

• WAS

Khalil Shakir
    WR Boise State

• WAS

Hassan Haskins
    RB Michigan

• WAS

Julius Turner
    DT Rutgers

• WAS

Scott Nelson
    S Wisconsin
My mock no trades
I like it other then Shakir do we need him if we got Wilson

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it other then Shakir do we need him if we got Wilson
Good point. I think that if we can throw as much love at the offense, the better off we will be. Is it Shakir or drafting another WR?
To be honest, the WR corps. is worse than people think. We don't know what we have in Samuel, Brown appears to be a bust, Milane is a pure backup and Sims is what he is.

We still have a gaping hole at MLB so that would have to be a free agent pick up. I would love to sign Mathieu (Buffalo Nickel) and AJ Johnson (MLB), and then draft the heck out of the offense in the draft.

I do not think we have the cap to sign Mathieu and Johnson but perhaps we can restructure Wentz or somebody to free up some cash. Mathieu would make this an even better defense.

Wilson/Olave and McBride would be amazing!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I think that if we can throw as much love at the offense, the better off we will be. Is it Shakir or drafting another WR?
To be honest, the WR corps. is worse than people think. We don't know what we have in Samuel, Brown appears to be a bust, Milane is a pure backup and Sims is what he is.

We still have a gaping hole at MLB so that would have to be a free agent pick up. I would love to sign Mathieu (Buffalo Nickel) and AJ Johnson (MLB), and then draft the heck out of the offense in the draft.

I do not think we have the cap to sign Mathieu and Johnson but perhaps we can restructure Wentz or somebody to free up some cash. Mathieu would make this an even better defense.

If Hamilton is there at #11 and we get no trade down offers, do you select him over any WR?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hamilton is there at #11 and we get no trade down offers, do you select him over any WR?
Good point and valid question. I think we have to take Hamilton. He is #1 on several sports writers' boards. That doesn't mean NFL teams view him that way, but, he passes the eye test and appears legit for sure. He could transform that secondary. Maybe he is the MLB we need? I don't know. If this is the case, after we draft him, we sign Mathieu and walk away from that defense. They would be good!

I think he is nfl.com #1 prospect:

We then would almost be forced to take a WR with the 2nd round pick. You never over-reach, but that would be #1 position of need. It is tempting to take a MLB in round 2 as it will probably be better value there to be honest. In other words, I personally think we would get a better MLB in the 2nd round than a WR in the 2nd. This all depends on what Hamilton is to us...Buffalo Nickel or MLB???
IF Trey McBride is there at 47....you grab him and then re-evaluate WRs in round 4.

This is why free agency was so disappointing. We left too many holes for the draft to address. I believe we need to address the following in the draft: WR, MLB, TE, RB and Safety.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point and valid question. I think we have to take Hamilton. He is #1 on several sports writers' boards. That doesn't mean NFL teams view him that way, but, he passes the eye test and appears legit for sure. He could transform that secondary. Maybe he is the MLB we need? I don't know. If this is the case, after we draft him, we sign Mathieu and walk away from that defense. They would be good!

I think he is nfl.com #1 prospect:

We then would almost be forced to take a WR with the 2nd round pick. You never over-reach, but that would be #1 position of need. It is tempting to take a MLB in round 2 as it will probably be better value there to be honest. In other words, I personally think we would get a better MLB in the 2nd round than a WR in the 2nd. This all depends on what Hamilton is to us...Buffalo Nickel or MLB???
IF Trey McBride is there at 47....you grab him and then re-evaluate WRs in round 4.

This is why free agency was so disappointing. We left too many holes for the draft to address. I believe we need to address the following in the draft: WR, MLB, TE, RB and Safety.

Hamilton is #1 on my board. Most definitely MLB and WR can be addressed in round 2. These two positions have the most depth in this draft. IMO. Free Agency is not done yet. A. Barr LB from Minn looks like a good fit to me.

What if Thibodoux De from Oregon falls to #11 do we take him?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton is #1 on my board. Most definitely MLB and WR can be addressed in round 2. These two positions have the most depth in this draft. IMO. Free Agency is not done yet. A. Barr LB from Minn looks like a good fit to me.

Pass on Thibodoux. Where would he play? He would sit behind Sweat and Young? We can't waste the #11 pick on a back up DE who has red flags with effort.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass on Thibodoux. Where would he play? He would sit behind Sweat and Young? We can't waste the #11 pick on a back up DE who has red flags with effort.

He is a big time pass-rusher. Will Young be 100% by Week 1? We have no pass rushers behind our starting two. The guy has talent. Plus we will have a good rotation. Its something to think about if he is there. Are you going to flip out if we don't take a WR in rounds 1 and 2?

IF he does fall then some teams will be willing to trade up for him. Since we need picks we will probably trade down if he is there.

Last edited:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My theory/choice was to pick up a vet MLB and possibly a safety on defense to challenge other teams to score on us then draft offense. We did not go in that direction apparently but to your point above, would have been a good move.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i select him because he is the BPA at a place of need

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mlb isnt high on my needs list . we only played 3 lbs on 61 of over 1000 snaps last year

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Pickens is the son of former NFL’er Carl Pickens, who was a pretty good wr back in the day.

It doesnt mean much, but it doesnt mean nothing either, to come from “football genes.”

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a big time pass-rusher. Will Young be 100% by Week 1? We have no pass rushers behind our starting two. The guy has talent. Plus we will have a good rotation. Its something to think about if he is there. Are you going to flip out if we don't take a WR in rounds 1 and 2?

IF he does fall then some teams will be willing to trade up for him. Since we need picks we will probably trade down if he is there.
The problem is that he is known for not giving 100%. He is dropping on draft boards because the word is getting out. That being said, Thibodeaux's 65% effort is probably just the same as some current players giving 100%. Just saying. He is a stud....but I am not sure his heart is all in it.

NFL teams reportedly concerned about Kayvon Thibodeaux's effort level

We do have depth but they probably aren't considered Pro Bowlers. Depth is critical, but having competent starters is even more important.

Drafting Thibodeaux would be unwise for a number of reasons. First of all, successful teams don't spend 5 of 6 1st round picks on the same position. They just don't. DLine is the strongest unit on our team. Why in the world would we continue to fortify the DLine when we have gaping holes in other positions on the team. A wise sports commentator said this about the Redskins and it holds true today. He said: The Redskins always want to fix the hole in the roof when the house is on fire. Drafting Thibodeaux would be silly because it is not a position of need at all. We have thrown so many resources and will throw a tremendous amount of money at the DLine. It is simply a bad strategy. It would be silly for Thibodeaux to trot on the field on 3rd downs only or simply wait for Young or Sweat to get hurt. Young should be ready by Week 1 but suppose it is Week 3. Would we really use the #11 pick on someone to start for 2 weeks and then go back to the bench?

Would I flip out if we do not take a WR in the first two rounds? Maybe.....it would be absurd but it does not surprise me. Bad front offices make bad decisions.

The problem is that we just seem to not have a smart front office. Again, why would we take another DE when we have greater needs all over the field?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they had to because our linebacker situation sucks
It was more effective having 5 db's who can run. Please get Holcomb off the field during passing situations. I'm tired of seeing the back of his jersey 15 yards down field after the catch is made. Jamin Davis and Kyle Hamilton used effectively will upgrade the defense.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that he is known for not giving 100%. He is dropping on draft boards because the word is getting out. That being said, Thibodeaux's 65% effort is probably just the same as some current players giving 100%. Just saying. He is a stud....but I am not sure his heart is all in it.

NFL teams reportedly concerned about Kayvon Thibodeaux's effort level

We do have depth but they probably aren't considered Pro Bowlers. Depth is critical, but having competent starters is even more important.

Drafting Thibodeaux would be unwise for a number of reasons. First of all, successful teams don't spend 5 of 6 1st round picks on the same position. They just don't. DLine is the strongest unit on our team. Why in the world would we continue to fortify the DLine when we have gaping holes in other positions on the team. A wise sports commentator said this about the Redskins and it holds true today. He said: The Redskins always want to fix the hole in the roof when the house is on fire. Drafting Thibodeaux would be silly because it is not a position of need at all. We have thrown so many resources and will throw a tremendous amount of money at the DLine. It is simply a bad strategy. It would be silly for Thibodeaux to trot on the field on 3rd downs only or simply wait for Young or Sweat to get hurt. Young should be ready by Week 1 but suppose it is Week 3. Would we really use the #11 pick on someone to start for 2 weeks and then go back to the bench?

Would I flip out if we do not take a WR in the first two rounds? Maybe.....it would be absurd but it does not surprise me. Bad front offices make bad decisions.

The problem is that we just seem to not have a smart front office. Again, why would we take another DE when we have greater needs all over the field?
Look the kid played the hole season with a bad ankle when he didn’t have to . I think his work ethic is fine . That being said it’s short sighted to draft a guy at 11 because someone won’t be available week one

My thing is if you run a 5-2 defense. You need good depth at DT , so if I am going to pick a d/lineman at 11 I go with a Davis and keep that strong DT rotation