• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2021 NLDS Giants vs StL/LAD

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think
- Dodgers over Cards
- Brewers over Braves
- Dodgers over Giants (if Muncy is back)
- Astros over WS
- Rays over Boston
- Brewers over Dodgers
- Rays over Astros
- Rays over Brewers (think Rays got their taste last year and are hungrier/smarter)

Want
- Cardinals over Dodgers
- Braves over Brewers (understood why, but thought Brew Crew were a bit cowardly in 3 game set with Dogs - yes I’m still bitter).
- Giants over Cards
- WS over Astros
- Rays over Boston
- Giants over Braves
- WS over Rays
- Giants over Rays

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think
- Dodgers over Cards
- Brewers over Braves
- Dodgers over Giants (if Muncy is back)
- Astros over WS
- Rays over Boston
- Brewers over Dodgers
- Rays over Astros
- Rays over Brewers (think Rays got their taste last year and are hungrier/smarter)

Want
- Cardinals over Dodgers
- Braves over Brewers (understood why, but thought Brew Crew were a bit cowardly in 3 game set with Dogs - yes I’m still bitter).
- Giants over Cards
- WS over Astros
- Rays over Boston
- Giants over Braves
- WS over Rays
- Giants over Rays
Looks like your hopeful progression is similar to mine. However, you have the Giants beating the Rays, not the White Sox, on your final line, after the White Sox beat the Rays in the ALCS.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like your hopeful progression is similar to mine. However, you have the Giants beating the Rays, not the White Sox, on your final line, after the White Sox beat the Rays in the ALCS.
I don't think I can handle a Giants-White Sox Series. It's never even been close to possible before.

My wife would give me so much grief that I'm not a real Giants fan like her.

I'd prefer Giants - Sox to neither team making it, however

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I can handle a Giants-White Sox Series. It's never even been close to possible before.

My wife would give me so much grief that I'm not a real Giants fan like her.

I'd prefer Giants - Sox to neither team making it, however
Show her this forum as proof of your loyalty (assuming you don't post as often on the WS forum).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show her this forum as proof of your loyalty (assuming you don't post as often on the WS forum).
She knows (I barely ever post on the other one), it's just part of her pride at being from the Bay Area

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers are going with 10 pitchers and 16 position players for tonight's game.
A one game roster, makes sense you won't need more than 10 pitchers but maybe you use the position guys to pinch hit or whatever

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A one game playoff is really tough. No time to 'get your rhythm'. Watched the Boston and NYY yesterday and saw Garret struggle. 2 homers and he was gone. No time to adjust. 3 runs down is a lot at playoff time.
Hope the Cards get to Scherzer real early and they have to pull him quick to stop the bleeding.

The Doggies give me more concern than any other club because of the depth of their SP. We have a great pen .... but it won't matter if we go to them because the SP fails ... it may be too late then ... I'm thinking we need at least a solid 6 innings before going to the pen.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A one game playoff is really tough. No time to 'get your rhythm'. Watched the Boston and NYY yesterday and saw Garret struggle. 2 homers and he was gone. No time to adjust. 3 runs down is a lot at playoff time.
Hope the Cards get to Scherzer real early and they have to pull him quick to stop the bleeding.

The Doggies give me more concern than any other club because of the depth of their SP. We have a great pen .... but it won't matter if we go to them because the SP fails ... it may be too late then ... I'm thinking we need at least a solid 6 innings before going to the pen.
We don't need that many, that's the point of a pen this good vs starters less dominant. The Dodgers expect their big starters to go 6, we only need 4. Obviously if Webb or Gaus are dealing they go longer but we never have to let a pitcher face the lineup more than twice

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need that many, that's the point of a pen this good vs starters less dominant. The Dodgers expect their big starters to go 6, we only need 4. Obviously if Webb or Gaus are dealing they go longer but we never have to let a pitcher face the lineup more than twice
I agree but it wasn't my point. 4 solid from the SP will work ... but they have to be solid. They can't be knocked out of the box.. If the 'starters ' for any team fails it makes it really tough the rest of the way.
I still believe that the doggies have the best SP (6 innings or 4 innings) than anyone else.
But as you said ... if we can get to the pen in good shape .... we will be tough to beat.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah...I think Kap will pull the plug after 5 if he sees a matchup he likes

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phew. That SS wanted nothing to do with that play lol.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wainwright caught a break in the 3rd. That DP may have saved their season. He looks as if he can't throw the curveball for strikes. That's what it looks like on GameDay anyway.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wainwright caught a break in the 3rd. That DP may have saved their season. He looks as if he can't throw the curveball for strikes. That's what it looks like on GameDay anyway.
He can’t, they’re way off. Maybe he’s too pumped up for that pitch still. Hopefully he can get that pitch going for the rest of his evening.