• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2021 NFL Draft

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if this board is a microcosm of Bears fans in general, we are going to have one doozy of an offseason debating the QB issue....keep or ditch Trubisky, Foles, sign another veteran, how high we draft a QB, and on and on.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can still draft Johnny college boy. Re-signing Trubisky has zero bearing on that.

Now Nagy??? They can fire him today for all I care.

Foles and college boy is better than Trubisky and college boy...and let's be honest...College boy will be on the field by weeks 4-6 and then we do it all over again.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if this board is a microcosm of Bears fans in general, we are going to have one doozy of an offseason debating the QB issue....keep or ditch Trubisky, Foles, sign another veteran, how high we draft a QB, and on and on.

I'm all about that life until March...then I'm turning on my blinders and going 100% Sox...It's our year. Ain't got time for no bullsh*t "camp is going great" puff pieces.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles and college boy is better than Trubisky and college boy...and let's be honest...College boy will be on the field by weeks 4-6 and then we do it all over again.
I'm not so sure. I can vouch for wanting Foles to replace Trubisky as the Bears starter way back in the shortened camp. But during his starting tenure, he pretty much stunk up the joint, and did it without leaving the pocket. He's a bit more accurate and has a better deep ball, but in both comparisons there, it's still not saying much.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all about that life until March...then I'm turning on my blinders and going 100% Sox...It's our year. Ain't got time for no bullsh*t "camp is going great" puff pieces.
All about the love Jiddy!! :first:

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure. I can vouch for wanting Foles to replace Trubisky as the Bears starter way back in the shortened camp. But during his starting tenure, he pretty much stunk up the joint, and did it without leaving the pocket. He's a bit more accurate and has a better deep ball, but in both comparisons there, it's still not saying much.

Can we dump Foles and keep Trubisky for cheaper? My understanding is just keeping Foles is best financially/for cap, because he's already on contract. So if we kept Trubisky, we'd essentially be keeping both...and I don't want to keep both...That's for sure.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we dump Foles and keep Trubisky for cheaper? My understanding is just keeping Foles is best financially/for cap, because he's already on contract. So if we kept Trubisky, we'd essentially be keeping both...and I don't want to keep both...That's for sure.
Shit, in a strong sense, I don't want to keep either one. The problem is, one of them likely has to remain, if for transitional purposes only.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, in a strong sense, I don't want to keep either one. The problem is, one of them likely has to remain, if for transitional purposes only.

I don't either...But one probably is staying...I assumed Foles because he's actually on contract. If we dumped both I wouldn't shed a tear, though. I just figured he's the vet mentor to come in to play 3 games or so, reiterate his suckiness, and then we move on to rookie sensation future HOF'er college boy.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't either...But one probably is staying...I assumed Foles because he's actually on contract. If we dumped both I wouldn't shed a tear, though. I just figured he's the vet mentor to come in to play 3 games or so, reiterate his suckiness, and then we move on too rookie sensation future HOF'er college boy.
good point.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Foles just because it's better financially and less of a distraction

With Lawrence, Fields and Wilson more than likely off the board before our first pick, we are probably looking at Trey Lance, Mac Jones, Kyle Trask.
The drop off behind Trask is a giant cliff, so it's probably best to go QB first and not risk getting of these guys. Giving the state of this OLine, it's probably best to target someone like Lance (if available) who has good mobility. Any thoughts on what should we do with our first two picks?