• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2021 NFL Draft

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, since the season is pretty much in the books, why don’t we start looking at the draft. Looks like we will be drafting in the late teens. It looks like there won’t be any Olinemen worth selecting there. I’d like to get a tackle or QB in the first round. Anyone think Trey Lance or Mac Jones would be a good pick?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL has been and remains my first choice for our first pick (a close second would be an OLB/Edge). But assuming we jettison Trubisky, we may have no choice but to take a QB with our first. And to me that blows. As for your two suggestions, Lance probably has the higher ceiling, while Jones (or how about Kyle Trask as well) might be more NFL ready out of the gate. And those latter two may also may be available in the 2nd round, so I hope the Bears don't needlessly hit the panic button.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears would be foolish not to re-sign Trubisky to a short-term deal, barring some retarded offer from another team, or they get someone better via trade or FA.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears would be foolish not to re-sign Trubisky to a short-term deal, barring some retarded offer from another team, or they get someone better via trade or FA.

Just cut Trubisky loose. He just doesn't have it. No instincts for the game at all.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky>>>>Foles.

His mobility and youth.

What good is youth when he has no future?
What good is mobility when he rarely runs? The dude is afraid to get hit.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What good is youth when he has no future?
What good is mobility when he rarely runs? The dude is afraid to get hit.
Present a valid argument against, "Until we have something better..."

RIGHT NOW, Trubisky is our best option. If they can work out something better via trade or FA, fine. If not, they have to try to re-sign Mitch.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Present a valid argument against, "Until we have something better..."

RIGHT NOW, Trubisky is our best option. If they can work out something better via trade or FA, fine. If not, they have to try to re-sign Mitch.

Re-sign Mitch for what? So we can repeat what happened this year with Trubisky? What on earth do you want Trubisky back for?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-sign Mitch for what? So we can repeat what happened this year with Trubisky? What on earth do you want Trubisky back for?
Are you fucking illiterate?

I have told you why, at least twice now!?

Fuck, you are annoying!? You're like talking to my 8 year old daughter!??

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you fucking illiterate?

I have told you why, at least twice now!?

Fuck, you are annoying!? You're like talking to my 8 year old daughter!??

If you have two shits, you prefer to keep one shit around until you find another shit that's better? In the end, they're both shits. Shits are a dime a dozen. That XFL guy that started from Washington looks better than Trubisky.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by my QB barometer. If they're not better than Cutler, I don't want them. Neither Trubisky nor whatever Foles is now is better than Cutler. Cutler got annihilated out there all the time, but produced and I never felt like the offense was so bad that we it was an impossible feat to score a touchdown in a half, much less a game. Lovie and his offense were as far from "offensive guru" status as they come. Until that BARE MINUMUM threshold is met at QB, GTFO...So they can both hit the road as far as I'm concerned. Winner QB's raise the level of everyone around them. Trubisky doesn't do that. FFS, the entire game you're wondering "how are we gonna f*ck this up this time" when the offense is on the field. Who could possibly want more of that?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by my QB barometer. If they're not better than Cutler, I don't want them. Neither Trubisky nor whatever Foles is now is better than Cutler. Cutler got annihilated out there all the time, but produced and I never felt like the offense was so bad that we it was an impossible feat to score a touchdown in a half, much less a game. Lovie and his offense were as far from "offensive guru" status as they come. Until that BARE MINUMUM threshold is met at QB, GTFO...So they can both hit the road as far as I'm concerned. Winner QB's raise the level of everyone around them. Trubisky doesn't do that. FFS, the entire game you're wondering "how are we gonna f*ck this up this time" when the offense is on the field. Who could possibly want more of that?
Actually, and this definitely feels weird to post, but statistically, side-by-side, Trubisky's stats are very comparable to Cutler's.

If you take away their first seasons, seasons 2-4 may actually favor Mitch. (I'm taking away the first season so it's a little more fair to Mitch, cuz that first season is lame for both QBs)

Cutler: Seasons 2-4

15GP, 60.4 comp. %, 3,274 yds, 23TDs, 16 INTs (10-5 record)
10GP, 58 comp. %, 2,319 yds, 13TDs, 7 INTs (7-3 record)
15GP, 58.8 comp. %, 3033 yds, 19TDs, 14 INTs (10-5 record)

Mitch: 2-4

14GP, 66.59 comp. %, 3223 yds, 24TDs, 12 INTs (13-3 record)
15GP, 63.18 comp. %, 3138 yds, 17TDs, 10 INTs, (8-8 record)
10GP, 67 comp. %, 2055 yds, 16TDs, 8 INTs, (8-8 record)

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, and this definitely feels weird to post, but statistically, side-by-side, Trubisky's stats are very comparable to Cutler's.

If you take away their first seasons, seasons 2-4 may actually favor Mitch. (I'm taking away the first season so it's a little more fair to Mitch, cuz that first season is lame for both QBs)

Cutler: Seasons 2-4

15GP, 60.4 comp. %, 3,274 yds, 23TDs, 16 INTs (10-5 record)
10GP, 58 comp. %, 2,319 yds, 13TDs, 7 INTs (7-3 record)
15GP, 58.8 comp. %, 3033 yds, 19TDs, 14 INTs (10-5 record)

Mitch: 2-4

14GP, 66.59 comp. %, 3223 yds, 24TDs, 12 INTs (13-3 record)
15GP, 63.18 comp. %, 3138 yds, 17TDs, 10 INTs, (8-8 record)
10GP, 67 comp. %, 2055 yds, 16TDs, 8 INTs, (8-8 record)

That's kind of the point...Being BETTER than Cutler is my bare minimum at this point. Cutler was just an average QB. We sold a good deal of the house for him and he didn't pan out to what we were hoping for. Same sh*t with Trubisky. Dump these losers and find a real QB...Keep trying until you get one. If the dude isn't better, or have the potential to be better than Jay f*cking Cutler (ie game experience because rookie etc so they're given some time to "develop") then they have to go.

Trubisky has to go. He's not better than Cutler. He's at best equal...but let's be honest...How can any Bear fan say that when he went out of bounds on that play yesterday?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler was better than Mitch because you could actually use the whole playbook with him.

Mitch is a turd and a very limited one. The only way you win with him is with a top 5 defense and a running game.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of the point...Being BETTER than Cutler is my bare minimum at this point. Cutler was just an average QB. We sold a good deal of the house for him and he didn't pan out to what we were hoping for. Same sh*t with Trubisky. Dump these losers and find a real QB...Keep trying until you get one. If the dude isn't better, or have the potential to be better than Jay f*cking Cutler (ie game experience because rookie etc so they're given some time to "develop") then they have to go.

Trubisky has to go. He's not better than Cutler. He's at best equal...but let's be honest...How can any Bear fan say that when he went out of bounds on that play yesterday?
Well, like I said, unless we bring in someone better via trade or FA, I think they gotta try and re-sign him for a year. We are in no draft position to draft a day-one starter, and if Pace gives away any more picks, ima fucking lose it.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, like I said, unless we bring in someone better via trade or FA, I think they gotta try and re-sign him for a year. We are in no draft position to draft a day-one starter, and if Pace gives away any more picks, ima fucking lose it.

Bring in Johnny College boy out of wherever...It honestly can't get much worse. We have averaged under 20 points per game since the Rams comeback game back in 2018, where it started becoming obvious the league had the book on NagyMitch. Or they had the book on themselves...Whatever it is...They suck.

There's only 4 teams in the league this season that inept or worse...Jags/Jets/Cincy/Giants. 13 wins between them. Our defense will be respectable enough that we won't fall into 1-4 win territory. It really won't be much different with a noob or Trubisky...and if the noob is any good, he'll get valuable game experience and we'll have a jumpstart going forward...A path is possibly paved. With Trubisky we have no path. He's a loser BD.

This same "what is there better out there" argument was made for Cutler before the Glennon fiasco. Did you make that argument for him then? It was time to move on and take a chance. And Glennon was a disaster. Even in retrospect, it was the right choice even though the replacements (Glennon/Trubisky) didn't pan out. It's that time again. 4 years have passed...Time is up.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring in Johnny College boy out of wherever...It honestly can't get much worse. We have averaged under 20 points per game since the Rams comeback game back in 2018, where it started becoming obvious the league had the book on NagyMitch. Or they had the book on themselves...Whatever it is...They suck.

There's only 4 teams in the league this season that inept or worse...Jags/Jets/Cincy/Giants. 13 wins between them. Our defense will be respectable enough that we won't fall into 1-4 win territory. It really won't be much different with a noob or Trubisky...and if the noob is any good, he'll get valuable game experience and we'll have a jumpstart going forward...A path is possibly paved. With Trubisky we have no path. He's a loser BD.

This same "what is there better out there" argument was made for Cutler before the Glennon fiasco. Did you make that argument for him then? It was time to move on and take a chance. And Glennon was a disaster. Even in retrospect, it was the right choice even though the replacements (Glennon/Trubisky) didn't pan out. It's that time again. 4 years have passed...Time is up.
You can still draft Johnny college boy. Re-signing Trubisky has zero bearing on that.

Now Nagy??? They can fire him today for all I care.