• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Butler with 4 points on 1 field goal attempt.

Heat up 26 at the half.

They just can't choke as the Spurs did in a similar situation vs Boston

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
79 pts given up at half by celts, Auerbach doin back flips in his gerrave right now..

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The frustrating thing is I'm not even surprised the Celtics got outplayed. The Heat had a helluva 1st half.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet your comment ended with you correctly saying teams like the Cavs needed to be near the top of the draft to win (like Philly and Minnesota who need to go supertank mode) and had nothing to do with the topic you just mentioned.

That's cool.....I knew you would not own your mistake and that calling me out on that was absurd. As for this move of the goal posts, yeah, acquiring Deandre Jordan, losing in the Finals anyway and not having a high pick definitely stops Lebron from moving to LA. And Garland? That takes the goal posts where no one will find them.

Ya gotta love this forum.

Did they get near the top of the draft?

No. Because they didn’t ever try to bottom out. They resigned Kevin Love, etc.

And now they just suck.

Never once did I say they should have traded for DeAndre Jordan. You are the only person that has ever mentioned that idea on here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they get near the top of the draft?

No. Because they didn’t ever try to bottom out. They resigned Kevin Love, etc.

And now they just suck.

Never once did I say they should have traded for DeAndre Jordan. You are the only person that has ever mentioned that idea on here.
didn't bottom out? In year 1 and 2 of the rebuild, they had a bottom 2 record each season. wrong again, sport. Don't hit anyone when you move the goal posts again instead of owning your mistake.

I mention DJ as he was the one mentioned in rumors for the pick. Saying they should have moved it is a baseless opinion as you don't know what was offered.

They do suck now because they are being led by many guys who are younger than many players in the recent NCAA Tourney. Young guys tend to struggle as a team in the NBA. They can also maybe add a high pick this season AND the young guys could continue to improve. I could give you examples of this if you'd like?

look....you were way off base in what you tried to "teach me" and then moved the goal posts. Like the Geico commercial, though, it's what you do.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't bottom out? In year 1 and 2 of the rebuild, they had a bottom 2 record each season. wrong again, sport. Don't hit anyone when you move the goal posts again instead of owning your mistake.

I mention DJ as he was the one mentioned in rumors for the pick. Saying they should have moved it is a baseless opinion as you don't know what was offered.

They do suck now because they are being led by many guys who are younger than many players in the recent NCAA Tourney. Young guys tend to struggle as a team in the NBA. They can also maybe add a high pick this season AND the young guys could continue to improve. I could give you examples of this if you'd like?

look....you were way off base in what you tried to "teach me" and then moved the goal posts. Like the Geico commercial, though, it's what you do.

They didn’t completely tank though. And you know it.

They just sucked anyway.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really has turned the Heat around. It's like night and day!!

You said he was basically washed and questioned Miami for signing him and basically said he would have zero impact.

You were wrong and now afraid to admit it

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn’t completely tank though. And you know it.

They just sucked anyway.
I don't know it.....what I know is however it happened they wound up with 2 bottom 2 finishes, picked 5th and they still have a chance to make a big jump if they get some lottery luck again.

we also don't know of anyone who was offered for the Brooklyn pick and if it would be enough to help them pass GS. Seems you've even said they could not have beaten GS so they were gonna lose to GS anyway, not had a high pick in the draft and Lebron was gonna forget about his huge house in LA as well as nearly all his offseason business taking place there?

gonna die on that hill, are ya?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd half was a battle but Miami got the damn job done.

Washed up Ariza with 19.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Clippers beat the Knicks, we would have a 3 way tie for 4th as the Knicks, Hawks, and Heat would all be 37-31 and 2 games up on Boston

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston must win vs Miami on Tuesday. Losing that game would almost guarantee that they would be in the play in game

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know it.....what I know is however it happened they wound up with 2 bottom 2 finishes, picked 5th and they still have a chance to make a big jump if they get some lottery luck again.

we also don't know of anyone who was offered for the Brooklyn pick and if it would be enough to help them pass GS. Seems you've even said they could not have beaten GS so they were gonna lose to GS anyway, not had a high pick in the draft and Lebron was gonna forget about his huge house in LA as well as nearly all his offseason business taking place there?

gonna die on that hill, are ya?

Stop it.

They weren’t going to win in 2018.

But failing to commit to being the best they could insured that LeBron would walk and it insured they wouldn’t have a chance to win in 2019 or 2020.

Or according to some, eternity ever after.

Pretty simple logic.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it.

But failing to commit to being the best they could insured that LeBron would walk and it insured they wouldn’t have a chance to win in 2019 or 2020.

Pretty simple logic.
so make a move even though they know they still wont win. Give up a shot to get a top pick to add to the team (at time thought to be top 3 in what was considered a loaded draft). How often do title contenders get a chance to add a top pick? Happens, but rare. Lebron isn't going to realize a top pick after the season with no cap space is a good thing? Instead he's gonna be thinking about the asset they acquired that didn't help, and that's the last straw?

Never mind he's going to forget he has a pretty nice house in LA and most of his offseason business is there?

I always appreciate the free comedy you provide.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it.

Pretty simple logic.
Yep. They'll never have another LeBron and thus never win again

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ripping LA at all.....but they did have a player who said he wanted out publicly. Hadn't heard about Simmons either. Now we have.

Oh, I know. Just didn't see how it was pertinent to what we were discussing. Yeah, I'm gonna have to read that article. I vaguely remember there being some mention of him and Embiid not exactly being friends awhile back, but that's it.

Not doubting there might be unhappy Cavalier players, but as of now the source and the players are nameless.

Yeah, until someone puts their name on it, it's hard to see it as any kind of a serious problem. More of a "wait and see if anything else comes out" type of issue.