• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Sixers match up well against the Lakers too. I’m more worried about the Nets than any team out West. If the Sixers overcome the Nets I think they win the championship.
Earlier I thought the Sixers would with the addition of outside shooters and Doc as coach.....but the Nets were playing well without KD and now without Harden.....with all 3? They are going to be scary good.....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the Lakers-Nets matchup is gonna be insane.....if it happens.

The problem the Lakers have is the matchups. James can guard Harden and AD can guard Durant but who checks Irving? The Lakers don't really have an answer.....the closest thing they have is Schroder and that's not great for the Lakers.....so not a real answer for that matchup.

If that matchup comes to fruition, it's in the finals. Not going to stress over it until then...

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go look up all the new WNBA jerseys. They're scorching hot. Massive improvement from the old jerseys

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,248.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who guards Lebron? Who guards AD? Drummond? It goes both ways.
The Nets can run and gun.....the Lakers can't.....if they do......the Nets win in 5.

The Lakers have to run at times and grind it out in the halfcourt most of the game to have any chance.....the Lakers can't score like the Nets can.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L.A., L.A., L.A.! Damn it TNT/TBS, I wanna see the Pistons-Kings game:heh:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he will spend some time as well as LeBron....bottom line is who guards Irving?

I expect the Lakers will send multiple defenders at all 3 of those guys to give them different looks. Probably see everyone from AD, to Lebron, to Kuz, on KD. Drummond and Gasol will likely see some minutes on him as well. Especially if he goes inside. Harden and Kyrie will see a mix of Lebron, KCP, Schroder, THT, Matthews, etc.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting article on Sexton and playing him off the ball more- and that Kevin Love coming back really helps with that.

If the Cavs get the 6th/7th pick- and Scottie Barnes is there- he would be a good fit to be the eventual replacement for Love.

Sexton needs to keep improving his assist #'s and playing off the ball if he is going to take that next step from really good scorer to possible all star player. His defense has definitely improved already this season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the Lakers will send multiple defenders at all 3 of those guys to give them different looks. Probably see everyone from AD, to Lebron, to Kuz, on KD. Drummond and Gasol will likely see some minutes on him as well. Especially if he goes inside. Harden and Kyrie will see a mix of Lebron, KCP, Schroder, THT, Matthews, etc.
LeBron is obviously still elite of the elite- but even in Cleveland he couldnt go 100% on the defensive end every play. Doing that for the whole game is def. not a good idea.

Maybe in the 4th qtr.- but you really dont want LeBron chasing around elite perimeter scorers all game and wearing himself out at the defensive end- especially in a playoffs that will be much more condensed then last year- especially coming off a relatively full season- instead of having a 3 month break before a small tune-up and the playoffs starting.

Mathews is a guy that I liked as a support scorer- but man- he is no longer anywhere near a guy you want on Kyrie or Harden.

Lakers should definitely be rooting for a big upset of the Nets pre-finals.

not only that- but really in the West unless you are the #1 or #2 seed- the 3 rounds of the playoffs are going to be brutal. I think the LAkers match up well against the Blazers- and thats who they should want first round.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets can run and gun.....the Lakers can't.....if they do......the Nets win in 5.

The Lakers have to run at times and grind it out in the halfcourt most of the game to have any chance.....the Lakers can't score like the Nets can.
DJ- ill bet you the Lakers dont make the Finals. 10,000 SportsHoopla cash. you can add on to the bet too if you want- avatars etc.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting article on Sexton and playing him off the ball more- and that Kevin Love coming back really helps with that.

If the Cavs get the 6th/7th pick- and Scottie Barnes is there- he would be a good fit to be the eventual replacement for Love.

Sexton needs to keep improving his assist #'s and playing off the ball if he is going to take that next step from really good scorer to possible all star player. His defense has definitely improved already this season.
More assists better, sure, but if he can remain at 4 or so for a SG (especially as Garland becomes a better PG) not sure we should expect much better.