• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess im not understanding your or SAS's overall point. No one is saying Westbrook is an all timer. He won a MVP one year. So did Nash. Id put them about the same.

Barkley and Ewing are a hair higher. I see Westbrook more in line with AI

So....in an era of LBJ and the Warriors dynasty he and KD came up short. KD won because he joined the W's
Yet here you are trying to argue a point you don't understand.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet here you are trying to argue a point you don't understand.

Ive yet to hear anyone ever make an argument that Russ is a guy that can carry a team to a title. He got flack for hia team losing to Utah and Portland...rightfully but to slam the dude out of nowhere because hes having this kind of season on a bad team?

Ive yet to hear anyone make an argument its an impressive season hes having. Hes a unique guy who can fill a stat sheet like no other. On a bad team he has to do even more.

If he was surrounded with an amazing core and they were losing id see the timing of the argument. Right now its forced. Just SAS inventing something to talk about.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive yet to hear anyone ever make an argument that Russ is a guy that can carry a team to a title. He got flack for hia team losing to Utah and Portland...rightfully but to slam the dude out of nowhere because hes having this kind of season on a bad team?

Ive yet to hear anyone make an argument its an impressive season hes having. Hes a unique guy who can fill a stat sheet like no other. On a bad team he has to do even more.

If he was surrounded with an amazing core and they were losing id see the timing of the argument. Right now its forced. Just SAS inventing something to talk about.
Idea he said he was soft was even more comical.

I know I've given you shit about calling Greedy soft, but at least with him I guess a case could be made. But Russ?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idea he said he was soft was even more comical.

I know I've given you shit about calling Greedy soft, but at least with him I guess a case could be made. But Russ?

If anything Russ tries to do too much. He would be much more effective to defer to better shooters. And in his case i dont see it like a ballhogish Drummond situation. I like he has that confidence but sadly it is misplaced at times lol

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything Russ tries to do too much. He would be much more effective to defer to better shooters. And in his case i dont see it like a ballhogish Drummond situation. I like he has that confidence but sadly it is misplaced at times lol
The guy will die competing, he will never be called a cupcake that’s for sure

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to think this was coming.

Ridiculous. It's not tilted to big market teams, it's tilted to CONTENDING teams. These players are all signing for pro-rated vet minimum deals. If you can't afford that addition, what good does it do to complain? How about we just don't have buyouts at all? Then those small market teams can be stuck with players they overpaid to come to town in the first place or be forced to be more thoughtful during free agency and more aggressive before the trade deadline.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridiculous. It's not tilted to big market teams, it's tilted to CONTENDING teams. These players are all signing for pro-rated vet minimum deals. If you can't afford that addition, what good does it do to complain? How about we just don't have buyouts at all? Then those small market teams can be stuck with players they overpaid to come to town in the first place or be forced to be more thoughtful during free agency and more aggressive before the trade deadline.
I got no problem with no buy outs, that would mean a world where both sides honor their commitments.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no problem with no buy outs, that would mean a world where both sides honor their commitments.

I have no problem with buyouts but teams should be limited to one buyout acquisition per season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything in the NBA is tilted toward the destination market teams. Everything.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,784.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was still hurt kinda but Vincent is a better defender. Nunn is likely the odd man out when Dragic is back
I remember you saying Vincent was trash and shouldn't even be on the team a month or so ago.....Or maybe it was why Spo has him in the rotation at all.....LOL.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stephen A. mentioned that he wasn't impressed with a stat line that Westbrook where he had 35 points 20 rebounds (or something along that line). That it comes down to how his teams doing. For the record, no one all-star player is expected to win an NBA title, especially in today's climate. For a while, people were putting Westbrook as a top 10, sometimes a top 5 NBA player at one point. With that, people are going to ask why you're not winning as much. He certainly has had help along the way.

The argument now comes from Westbrook's response and he's basically soft that he got so triggered from what SA said.