• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA regular season thread

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who doesn't like the combo of Rivers and Morey?????

brett brown nba GIF by Bleacher Report

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

interesting article on the top free agents in the offseason and what they might expect.

Since i doubt many people have TheAthletic ill summarize a little bit;

1. kawhi- UFA- obviously- 5 year 228 for the Clips or 4 years 169 elsewhere. Toronto, NY and Miami alternatives to Clipperland

2. Oladipo- UFA- 5 years 196 for Pacers-- or 4 years 145 elsewhere- if he is not traded.

3. Collins- RFA- 4 years 121 elsewhere- doesnt say what Atlanta could give him. Rips on his defense pretty bad.

4. Lonzo- RFA- says he should get 20M or so a year. NO may let him go with Bledsoe's contract on the books

5. Duncan Robinson- RFA- Says Miami will likely match any offer sheet. Guy says he could get 4 years 100M which seems a little nutso- but hey- if you can hit a 3 on demand....

6. Lowry- UFA- 35 years old. Alternatives listed are Miami and Dallas. 2 years 50 to return to TOR?

7. Jarret Allan- RFA- 23 years old- some upside- offer sheet could be 4 years 80-100M

8. Drummond- UFA- 28- says he could get 3 years 70. Cavs may try and resign him- but says Cavs may try and go younger. His passing skills have actually seemed much improved. If I am the Cavs do i try and keep drummond or make an offer sheet for the 23 year old Allan?

9. Dinwiddie- Player Option- 18-20 a year....ACL may hurt him.

10. Oubre Jr.- "Assuming Oubre makes a shot outside the restricted area this season, he has a lot of other barometers pointing in his favor." lol.....Says the Warriors are already 26 million over the tax line next year. Prob get traded.

11. Devonte Graham- RFA- says Charlotte will almost suredly retain him unless someone signs him to a crazy offer sheet.

12. Markkanen--- RFA- says his shot in theory looks better than it actually has been in practice. still young. the "mystery meat" of the free agent class. Chicago prob. matchees an offer sheet

13. Josh Richardson- player option- defensive stopper- not bad offensively....solid starter- Dallas may resign him if their higher up targets dont pan out

14. Gary Trent Jr.- RFA- Portland prob. matches but his value seems to be rising.

15. DeRozan- 32- UFA---- "underwhelming impact stats". Say maybe TOR can bring him back with Lowry and go old school

im not going any deeper.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the only one that has formally stated what his overall status is. Unlike Markelle Fultz when everyone thought the dude was a bum but had thoratic syndrome.

Call me cynical but I find it odd that some of the best doctors in the world called him day to day five months ago and yet here we are and the dude suddenly can't lift his arm?

If he comes back and proves me wrong I will he glad to admit it but I think this dude ends up being a scrub his entire career.
OK, last I'll say on the matter so feel free to get the last word with your vast knowledge of a guy's injury history who you don't know.....It's severe nerve damage, not a hamstring pull. Could it be 5 months ago they were not aware of the severity of the injury? Not exactly the type of injury when you see it happen or just ask a guy they will know what's wrong. You don't put a guy on IR who should play. Your thought is without ever speaking to Greedy, a doc, his coach, a trainer that he's faking it?

But, hey, you can walk faster than non-athletes with a high ankle sprain so you should know.

Ya gotta love thuis forum.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana probably doesn’t have a choice.

Retain what they have or trade before they hit FA.
Yep and it makes me think if Drummond keeps playing well they are going to pay him as well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definition of a stat stuffer that will never win shit.

I am not sure how fair that is.

At his absolute peak he was a fringe top 20-25 player.

When was the last time a guy outside the top 20 player led his team to a title as its best player?

Of course he isn’t winning anything.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana probably doesn’t have a choice.

Retain what they have or trade before they hit FA.

He would be a great fit in Miami.

Kendrick and Moe Harkless for him. Who would say no?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how fair that is.

At his absolute peak he was a fringe top 20-25 player.

When was the last time a guy outside the top 20 player led his team to a title as its best player?

Of course he isn’t winning anything.

Exactly plus when he was at his best, he got Indy to the highest ceiling possible. Not like this team is loaded with talent

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, last I'll say on the matter so feel free to get the last word with your vast knowledge of a guy's injury history who you don't know.....It's severe nerve damage, not a hamstring pull. Could it be 5 months ago they were not aware of the severity of the injury? Not exactly the type of injury when you see it happen or just ask a guy they will know what's wrong. You don't put a guy on IR who should play. Your thought is without ever speaking to Greedy, a doc, his coach, a trainer that he's faking it?

But, hey, you can walk faster than non-athletes with a high ankle sprain so you should know.

Ya gotta love thuis forum.

I absolutely think he's faking it yes

Just because he plays football doesn't mean he has a stronger pain tolerance than a normal person. We've seen countless examples of borderline morons playing nfl football. We put them on some kind of weird pedestal because they are athletes.

There is a reason greedy went from a top 10 pick to 40whatever