• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Offseason

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's pushed all his chips onto the worst odds on the table?
I disagree on the worst odds. Do you think either Washington or Portland got better? I think they arguably got worse (especially in Washington’s case). They have two chances for a guy to force themselves out, not 1. Now add in the idea that there are few contenders that can put together a package that can beat what the Sixers put together with a Simmons deal without diminishing why Dame and Beal would want to go there.

But even if you don’t see all of that and still think it’s not likely to happen…he’s not Fucking around to be a great regular season team. He’s doing this to compete for a title. Getting back Fox Hield and picks or getting back LaVert Brogdan and picks etc…doesn’t change Philly’s ability to truly compete for a title. Adding Dame or Beal does.

Where am I off here?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know for a fact- whether I was the highest of contenders or the lowest of sad sacks- Id take Evan Mobley and his potential over anyone one hte Heat.
Murdoch Mysteries Crabtree GIF by Ovation TV

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Simmons for Lillard and 4 1st's. Not sure Portland will go for that lol
I bet Simmons and Maxey plus 2-3 1st round picks gets it done. I’m not sure that there is another contender that Dame would consider that can beat that. Cs can do something with Smart and Jaylen Brown and picks that would be better…but is that squad in Boston with Tatum Dame and role players better than the Bucks Nets or even the Hawks or a Sixers squad that still has Simmons? I would say not.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know for a fact- whether I was the highest of contenders or the lowest of sad sacks- Id take Evan Mobley and his potential over anyone one hte Heat.
Same story, different name.
Until you do, you haven’t done.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Simmons and Maxey plus 2-3 1st round picks gets it done. I’m not sure that there is another contender that Dame would consider that can beat that. Cs can do something with Smart and Jaylen Brown and picks that would be better…but is that squad in Boston with Tatum Beal and role players better than the Bucks Nets or even the Hawks or a Sixers squad that still has Simmons? I would say not.
Embiid, Lillard and Harris...I would put that trio right behind BKN. That is scary and a better fit imo.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thought they would use him in a different capacity, but the writing was on the wall for him being out of a position with the emergence of JTA and the recent signing of Bjelica. Hope he does well with his BFF Donovan.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid, Lillard and Harris...I would put that trio right behind BKN. That is scary and a better fit imo.
I agree. Of all the teams that could be interested, I can’t see Dame getting a better situation. He’s in the East which is an easier path to the Finals and Embiid is not only the best possible player available to him to pair up with but he’s also a fit with Dame’s style of play. Biggest thing the Sixers lack is a guy you can close with on the offensive end. Embiid has made strides there but you don’t get more clutch than Dame. Partnership made in heaven and then work in an oh by the way Toby Harris 19-20 points a night on an efficient 12-13 shots and that’s a squad that can make noise.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought they would use him in a different capacity, but the writing was on the wall for him being out of a position with the emergence of JTA and the recent signing of Bjelica. Hope he does well with his BFF Donovan.
How does a Louisville guy and a Nova guy become BFF? What’s the connection there that I’m missing?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does a Louisville guy and a Nova guy become BFF? What’s the connection there that I’m missing?

They grew up together. Every time the Jazz play the Warriors they have like a 5 minute segment showing pictures of them as 12 year olds together. It's weird.

Also when Paschall was drafted Donovan Mitchell was at his draft party celebrating with him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They grew up together. Every time the Jazz play the Warriors they have like a 5 minute segment showing pictures of them as 12 year olds together. It's weird.

Also when Paschall was drafted Donovan Mitchell was at his draft party celebrating with him.
Maybe they are more than friends

Conan Blow Kiss GIF

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where the way this team is constructed may very well help him.

Assuming that everyone sticks with they apparently agreed to when they met (heard this morning that Melo may have been there too), Westbrook and Lebron will be splitting running the offense. So there shouldn't be near as much "Westbrook vs. the World" as we're used to seeing. Hopefully, that will save wear and tear on both him and Lebron.

This is something I've been skeptical on. Wasn't this something that was supposed to happen with Kyrie and Lebron while in Cleveland? As far as I know, that never happened. Same thing down in Miami, it all fell to Lebron. It's the nature of the beast with having Lebron on your team. You get comfortable and rely strongly on Lebron to run the offense.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the they are being led by Westbrook, that means Lebron is out and maybe AD too. Which means the Lakers aren't winning a title anyway. I don't think any Lakers fan believes that if we lose Lebron or AD for the playoffs...they can still win a title.
If just Lebron got injured, would it be an AD-led team? I mean, he's the better player, but when I say "led", I meant who the offense runs through and I'd imagine that Westbrook would then run the offense.