• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Bust league

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The complicated part is figuring out the scoring. That is already done.

It might be better, it might be worse. But it is worth trying.

I personally did not like the old standard way that we did this league and I know I wasn’t alone.

With the way it is set up, you will still do well if you are starting injured players. What is cool though, IMO, is you can do even better if you draft guys who play and simply suck.

Drafting injury prone players is a fine strategy, except that in fantasy football there are lots of non-injury prone players who sustain major injuries too. And with the way the league was set up in the past, that was rewarded far too heavily.
but how do u do this im pretty sure there is no scoring cat for injured players and i dont know what best ball would do with them :suds:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but how do u do this im pretty sure there is no scoring cat for injured players and i dont know what best ball would do with them :suds:

i am going to take away the bench... so it is not really going to be best ball... as we start everyone... but even if it was best ball, the scoring as set up would have been fine... injured players and players that dont play always get zero points...

those players always have a built in advantage...

the 20 points for QB start doesnt affect those players at all... all it does is makes the highest scoring position not score THAT much worse than those players...

20 points is NEGATED by a 350 yard game with 2 TDs and 1 int... that is pretty average.... if you are worse than this you will have positive points, if you are better then you will have positive points...

JMO, but a BAD player should be worth more than an injured player...

10 points for skill position players per game played is NEGATED by 50 yards and 5 catches(im going to change this to full (negative) point PPR) that is a pretty average day...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am going to take away the bench... so it is not really going to be best ball... as we start everyone... but even if it was best ball, the scoring as set up would have been fine... injured players and players that dont play always get zero points...

those players always have a built in advantage...

the 20 points for QB start doesnt affect those players at all... all it does is makes the highest scoring position not score THAT much worse than those players...

20 points is NEGATED by a 350 yard game with 2 TDs and 1 int... that is pretty average.... if you are worse than this you will have positive points, if you are better then you will have positive points...

JMO, but a BAD player should be worth more than an injured player...

10 points for skill position players per game played is NEGATED by 50 yards and 5 catches(im going to change this to full (negative) point PPR) that is a pretty average day...
So if I follow your awarding a QB 20 points but if he throws for 350 yards, 2 TDs and a interception than his score is zero? So how does that work if he throws for 180 yards but throws 4 TD and 1 interception ( short fields due to turnovers by other teams). Hows it work if a QB throws for 350 yards 3 TDs and no interceptions?
Making up a scoring system like this really complicates trying to get a handle on scoring, thus drafting, as you don't want to use any of the standard scoring systems in any FF leagues or actual scoring system of the NFL, but are making up one from scratch based on.....what you feel are average stats, which then is converted in some formula to give a score in this league? Seems kind of way out there.
We have heard from some here both pro and con to your idea, but maybe do a poll that includes keeping the original scoring we have used in the past vs some choices for your ideas you have ( you could have different options if you like) with a formula......

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if I follow your awarding a QB 20 points but if he throws for 350 yards, 2 TDs and a interception than his score is zero? So how does that work if he throws for 180 yards but throws 4 TD and 1 interception ( short fields due to turnovers by other teams). Hows it work if a QB throws for 350 yards 3 TDs and no interceptions?
Making up a scoring system like this really complicates trying to get a handle on scoring, thus drafting, as you don't want to use any of the standard scoring systems in any FF leagues or actual scoring system of the NFL, but are making up one from scratch based on.....what you feel are average stats, which then is converted in some formula to give a score in this league? Seems kind of way out there.
We have heard from some here both pro and con to your idea, but maybe do a poll that includes keeping the original scoring we have used in the past vs some choices for your ideas you have ( you could have different options if you like) with a formula......

i think you are confused... i am not saying that ONLY those negate the 20... i was just giving an example of what negates the 20...

so 350 yds and 3 TDs equals -32 but then the 20 points would make that -12

the 180 and 4 TDs is approximately -31 and the 20 points would again make that about -11

there is no complicated formula going on here... all that is done is giving QBs that start the game an extra 20 points...

and again the purpose is that the injured qb or not starting qb is getting 0 points, there is a big difference between getting -30 and getting 0... that is league winning... just because of injury....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just taking this as a example with the original rules you would of got a -32 but under the new rules it's only -12. You actually think this is a good idea?

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just taking this as a example with the original rules you would of got a -32 but under the new rules it's only -12. You actually think this is a good idea?
yea im with u on this
defeats the whole purpose of the league
no way a player that starts should score more than one that doesnt
just my 2 cents :suds:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

again... its done for all QBs who start... so there is no advantage or disadvantage vs other teams that start a QB... but vs a QB that doesnt play??
if you dont use that then you win the league because of an injury...

an injury should not be a league winner IMO...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea im with u on this
defeats the whole purpose of the league
no way a player that starts should score more than one that doesnt
just my 2 cents :suds:

i think thats where we fundamentally disagree... i think a player who plays a BAD game should score more than an injured player...

its pretty bad for a QB to score under 20 points...

again... i can edit it still... maybe 20 points is too much... but i do not want an injured or non playing QB to be the SOLE reason a team wins...

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess the question is
what is a bigger bust
guy who plays and sucks
guy who doesnt play at all

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok we got our 11 owners... and i think that works out best...

the 11 owners are

@redseat , @tlance , @molsaniceman , @MilkSpiller22 , @HaroldSeattle @broncosmitty ,@Shanemansj13 ,@Chef99 ,@Judge Fudge ,@Stakesarehigh , @obxyankeefan

we can start the draft on wednesday.... it will be a slow draft ON THE SportsHoopla- Since Fantrax wont allow us to pick the player pool...

Until then please look at the rules... and if you have any questions please ask...

everything is still being worked on, so if there is something you dont like bring it up... and we can discuss...

we start 2 QB, 2 TE, and 8 WR/RB FLex...

but we draft 10 WR/RB

it doesnt say on the site, but you must own at least 3 RBs and at least 3 WRs....

the other 4 can be either...

the player pool is going to be

the top 28 QBs( 6 of them wont be drafted)
the top 28 TEs( 6 of them wont be drafted)

the top 122 WR/RB (12 of them wont be drafted)

still trying to figure out how to handle the QBs, as both Fields and Lance are both top 28, but they are likely not starting in the beginning... and there are a few QBs who won their jobs who are not exactly safe...

It will be even slower... I now have to go back to the office two days a week and you guessed it. Wednesday and Thursday are my days

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess the question is
what is a bigger bust
guy who plays and sucks
guy who doesnt play at all

well, Lance and fields are being drafted like they are going to play all 17 games... they might not play any... should you win just because you have one of those players...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I am under the weather big time so I am not going through this thread but wtf!?! We are giving NEGATIVE points for quality performances?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I am under the weather big time so I am not going through this thread but wtf!?! We are giving NEGATIVE points for quality performances?
Your trying to have the worse team possible, so quality performances are bad in this league.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBS

I am listing 29 @MilkSpiller22, so you can decide what to do with Wentz.

Aaron Rodgers
Baker Mayfield
Ben Roethlisberger
Carson Wentz
Dak Prescott
Daniel Jones
Derek Carr
Jalen Hurts
Jameis Winston
Joe Burrow
Josh Allen
Justin Fields
Justin Herbert
Kirk Cousins
Kyler Murray
Lamar Jackson
Matt Ryan
Matthew Stafford
Patrick Mahomes
Russell Wilson
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Ryan Tannehill
Sam Darnold
Teddy Bridgewater
Tom Brady
Trevor Lawrence
Trey Lance
Tua Tagolivia
Zach Wilson

Cam Newton was not on the list.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your trying to have the worse team possible, so quality performances are bad in this league.

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you are confused... i am not saying that ONLY those negate the 20... i was just giving an example of what negates the 20...

the 180 and 4 TDs is approximately -31 and the 20 points would again make that about -11

there is no complicated formula going on here... all that is done is giving QBs that start the game an extra 20 points...

and again the purpose is that the injured qb or not starting qb is getting 0 points, there is a big difference between getting -30 and getting 0... that is league winning... just because of injury....
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia