• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Bust league

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always figure in FF when I try to win, injuries were a factor almost always, have good luck with injuries and you drafted well, then you had a shot. Naturally you try to avoid players who seem to get injured a lot and I always felt the old guys were a bigger risk for injuries and recovering from injuries.
This league being the reverse it's good to have injuries and bring on those injury prone dudes and welcome all you grey beards. For some reason some here feel we got to eliminate the effects of injuries to wins and loses which I find damn weird unless they want the same for regular fantasy leagues.
We are all familiar with players we avoid normally in drafts because they can't stay healthy, so in this league we do the reverse and seek them out. Lets not make rules to keep this from being part of our drafting strategy, it's fake gamesmanship to do so, it's poor sportsmanship and it doesn't reflect real football and the impact injuries have on the real game, We do try make FF reflect actual football as far as we can......right? So lets stop with the talk of trying to eliminate injuries impacting scoring and such, it's part of the game of football for chris sakes.

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t that simple though.

In the past, this league is won by the team with the most injured players at the end.

That is super lame.

This way, a bad, non injured player actually has a legit chance to score better than a guy who doesn’t play.

This league should be about picking bad players, not winning the injury lottery IMO.
Picking guys that get hurt shouldn’t be the way to a bad team either.

I like the less complicated way we did it personally.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always figure in FF when I try to win, injuries were a factor almost always, have good luck with injuries and you drafted well, then you had a shot. Natural you try to avoid players who seem to get injured a lot and I always felt the old guys were a bigger risk for injuries and recovering from injuries.
This league being the reverse it's good to have injuries and bring on those injury prone dudes and welcome all you grey beards. For some reason some here feel we got to eliminate the effects of injuries to wins and loses which I find damn weird unless they want the same for regular fantasy leagues.
We are all familiar with players we avoid normally in drafts because they can't stay healthy, so in this league we do the reverse and seek them out. Lets not make rules to keep this from being part of our drafting strategy, it's fake gamesmanship to do so, it's poor sportsmanship and it doesn't reflect real football and the impact injuries have on the real game, We do try make FF reflect actual football as far as we can......right? So lets stop with the talk of trying to eliminate injuries impacting scoring and such, it's part of the game of football for chris sakes.
Drafting guys you think will miss time was always part of it.

Im with you.

Plus, it’s just simpler. Simple equal good.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting guys you think will miss time was always part of it.

Im with you.

Plus, it’s just simpler. Simple equal good.
I mean obviously if they get too seriously injured they go on IR, but the more injured guys the better chance of losing and you can’t avoid that. Just like you can’t avoid when trying to draft the best team

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean obviously if they get too seriously injured they go on IR, but the more injured guys the better chance of losing and you can’t avoid that. Just like you can’t avoid when trying to draft the best team
Also players sometime gut out a injury for the team . I remember owning Julio Jones and watching the injury report and when it said he was playing I thought thank god, only to have him be a decoy all game and put up a goose egg for me. It's just part of the game, you can't avoid.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for now, i just want to know whether i should make a new league or not...

there are three options i see..

1. keep as is with a 2 player BEST BALL BENCH
2. have no bench, points league no H2H( doesn't need to make new league)
3. no bench and H2H with playoffs( new league is needed)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t want to avoid.

You want to take guys that get hurt. Carson Wentz for example. It’s part of the whole deal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also players sometime gut out a injury for the team . I remember owning Julio Jones and watching the injury report and when it said he was playing I thought thank god, only to have him be a decoy all game and put up a goose egg for me. It's just part of the game, you can't avoid.
Yep, I never thought I would be saying, “please don’t play!!!” but I will now! Lol

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’d be fine with more than reverse draft and forget. As in running a team all year.

But the points thing seems more than necessary IMO.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golladay got me a few times last year.

Remember holding up my group when we were going Salmon fishing in the morning because I was checking on his status. Sounded like a go…. Took a zero.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im a little confused by the debate being had here... you guys are debating on whether injuries are key to this league or not... and of course they are...

the changes i made is about HOW important it should be... you still want to predict injuries... and injured players will almost always score more than healthy players, even with the changes...

but the reason for the changes is that there shouldn't be a 30+ point difference... that is insane...

the way i set it up( i can always change it still), is that 0 points is basically the average player... if your player is worse than average, then he was a bust that week... and should be BETTER than a player that just didnt play...

the way i see it, having a bad game should be better than not playing at all...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im a little confused by the debate being had here... you guys are debating on whether injuries are key to this league or not... and of course they are...

the changes i made is about HOW important it should be... you still want to predict injuries... and injured players will almost always score more than healthy players, even with the changes...

but the reason for the changes is that there shouldn't be a 30+ point difference... that is insane...

the way i set it up( i can always change it still), is that 0 points is basically the average player... if your player is worse than average, then he was a bust that week... and should be BETTER than a player that just didnt play...

the way i see it, having a bad game should be better than not playing at all...
I always felt the rules you used to begin the league were just fine and felt we all had a good time playing, I know I did. Seems to me we are considering making some complicated rule changes when they are not necessary. I'm a believer in not fixing things that aren't broke.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a rule like anyone who is on IR or suspended while the draft is happening is not available to be drafted. Short, simple and fair.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a rule like anyone who is on IR or suspended while the draft is happening is not available to be drafted. Short, simple and fair.

FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!

I WAS PLANNING ON TAKING DOBBINS AND SMILE WHILE DOING IT

All kidding aside. I Agree with this rule

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I prefer option 2

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The complicated part is figuring out the scoring. That is already done.

It might be better, it might be worse. But it is worth trying.

I personally did not like the old standard way that we did this league and I know I wasn’t alone.

With the way it is set up, you will still do well if you are starting injured players. What is cool though, IMO, is you can do even better if you draft guys who play and simply suck.

Drafting injury prone players is a fine strategy, except that in fantasy football there are lots of non-injury prone players who sustain major injuries too. And with the way the league was set up in the past, that was rewarded far too heavily.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBS

I am listing 29 @MilkSpiller22, so you can decide what to do with Wentz.

Aaron Rodgers
Baker Mayfield
Ben Roethlisberger
Carson Wentz
Dak Prescott
Daniel Jones
Derek Carr
Jalen Hurts
Jameis Winston
Joe Burrow
Josh Allen
Justin Fields