• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowherd made a pretty good point about what could help the Lakers. He said that among the top teams, they and the Bucks are the 2 teams least likely to "implode". He said the Nets have the Kyrie situation, the Sixers have Ben, the Clips don't know when Kawhi will be back (if he comes back this year) and the Warriors don't really know what Klay and Dray have left or if they will ever get anything out of Wiseman.

He said Lebron teams tend not to implode.

He has Lakers/Bucks in the finals.
As long as Lebron and Davis are healthy, the Lakers can overcome the rest.

I see shooting being a issue all season lomg.

Still, Davis in the post is such a mismatch for most teams, it will only be a issue against teams like the Dubs , Suns etc.

I got a Denver vs La!ers WCF and Heat vs Nets in the East.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still, Davis in the post is such a mismatch for most teams, it will only be a issue against teams like the Dubs , Suns etc.

On paper, they should be able to shoot pretty well. They have about 7 guys who are 34% or better from 3, Rondo has been good from 3 the last few years and AD shoots well enough that he can't be left alone. They should see a lot of open shots with Lebron, AD and Westbrook on the floor.

I think the biggest issue may be that with so many guys who are used to playing time, it may be hard for them to get into a rhythm.

Some of the guys they have also aren't necessarily used to having to hit shots in big moments like they may have to with the Lakers.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, they should be able to shoot pretty well. They have about 7 guys who are 34% or better from 3, Rondo has been good from 3 the last few years and AD shoots well enough that he can't be left alone. They should see a lot of open shots with Lebron, AD and Westbrook on the floor.

I think the biggest issue may be that with so many guys who are used to playing time, it may be hard for them to get into a rhythm.

Some of the guys they have also aren't necessarily used to having to hit shots in big moments like they may have to with the Lakers.
I like Me7O off the bench and Bazemore as the starter.

You don't need more scoring in the starting lineup.

Plus, Melo and Russ have played together in OKC.

I'd imagine they'd have a field day against 2nd unis when LeBron is on the bench and Russ is the primary ball handler.

I'm curious to see who starts at the two when everyone is healthy.

I think k Bradley and Ariza are pretty washed and are just injury insurance.

But, the Coaching staff gonna have to do a masterful job of juggling minutes for Rondo, THT, Nunn, Monk.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't do the weekly pick em anymore?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's Go Dubs!

golden-state-warriors-logo-red-veles.jpg

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't do the weekly pick em anymore?
If you want to run it. It fizzled as the season went on the last few years as people dropped after they forgot to make picks.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to run it. It fizzled as the season went on the last few years as people dropped after they forgot to make picks.
Yeah, I can't do it...lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Me7O off the bench and Bazemore as the starter.

You don't need more scoring in the starting lineup.

Plus, Melo and Russ have played together in OKC.

I'd imagine they'd have a field day against 2nd unis when LeBron is on the bench and Russ is the primary ball handler.

I'm curious to see who starts at the two when everyone is healthy.

I think k Bradley and Ariza are pretty washed and are just injury insurance.

But, the Coaching staff gonna have to do a masterful job of juggling minutes for Rondo, THT, Nunn, Monk.

I like the idea of Melo off the bench. It's going to be very interesting to see who "the other 2" are at the start of games. I expect that we will see several different guys in there in the first few weeks before they settle on the lineup that will start most games.

Ariza isn't even injury insurance right now as he's injured. lol

As for Rondo, THT, Nunn and Monk...that's going to be very interesting. For his part, Rondo has already said that he's not expecting a lot of time and that his impact will mostly be in the locker room and helping the few young guys the Lakers have (specifically THT, Nunn and Monk lol). I'd expect we'll see more of Rondo in the playoffs.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I don't know. I think they could get someone else or maybe a couple of someone else's. I just don't like paying max money for non-max players.

Imo, last year was a bit of a fluke for the Suns that they are unlikely to repeat, especially if they start overpaying.

It's kind of a tough spot to be in, Sarver is a cheap bastard, but he's also right to not overpay Ayton, imo.

But, because he's a cheap bastard, he's also not likely to use that money to go after a player who is worth a max deal.

Sarver makes me glad that the Suns are only my 2nd favorite team. :heh:
Free agent pickups haven’t been to good lately. I mean McGee and Crowder were our biggest pick ups outside of a past his prime Paul. I doubt the Suns would get anyone close to Ayton’s production.

The Suns are a team that’s going to have to overpay to keep, or get players.

They got lucky with Bridges and Johnson. Those fucking draft picks of Chriss and Bender hurt.

I agree that Ayton hasn’t proven himself to be a Max Player, but what other choice do the Suns have?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no question but he should not be denied the chance to have his name included with those guys.

Unless he blows the Suns away with his performance this season, which I seriously doubt, he won't get the kind of contract he's looking for.

And I don't see Phoenix willing to go deep in the luxury tax to keep him either. So the chance that his name will be included with those guys is pretty big.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bet the Heat at 14-1 to come out of the East.