• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Batman

Hoopla Cash
$ 980.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he is right or wrong he has a choice and he is hurting his team. No way around it. Plenty of other players were against it but they decided to do it so they could play the sport they love, their job for their team.

Fuck him. Who gives a shit about him. The less he is in the news the better, he’s looking for the reaction

There are other solutions.

>NYC could change the rule to allowed the unvaccinated to play if they tested clean on gameday.
>The Nets could pay the miniscule fine.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he is right or wrong he has a choice and he is hurting his team. No way around it. Plenty of other players were against it but they decided to do it so they could play the sport they love, their job for their team.

Fuck him. Who gives a shit about him. The less he is in the news the better, he’s looking for the reaction
Not to mention them getting the vaccines for the safety and well being of their families too.
Which was probably THE most important underlying reason for the majority of them in the 1st place.

Just sayin'

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no need for this. Vogel is not the problem but I suppose this Pro Sports. I hope it is a bullshit story.

I mean, he is a problem. His strategy is often terrible, especially for the personnel he has. Defense, his calling card, is a mess. He's often sending double teams and help for literally no reason at all. Basic situations on players that no other team would even think to do it and he's doing it. It's not an effort issue that would be fixed if the team just played harder. Schematically, its broken. They could play 100% balls out and it'd still be broken and teams would exploit his foolishness. He's constantly juggling line ups, even when the team is healthy, something he did last year as well. It took him like 25 games to realize DJ and Bazemore were complete ass, something the rest of the league has known for 2 years. He still has a hard time realizing that Reaves, Johnson and Monk need more minutes. Their roles keep changing. He's not coaching what he has. Instead, he's trying to coach to what he wants. Good coaches adjust and coach what they have. That's what separates them from everyone else. He's failing at that.

All that said, now is NOT the time. He should have been fired by Thanksgiving. It was clear then it wasn't working (I said as much then, was on it early) and that he didn't have them prepared. Firing him early could have gotten a replacement to turn things around. But firing a coach now does nothing but create chaos. For one, there are no candidates available to take the job (if it happened in Nov, some sitting on the sidelines would still have interest). You'd have to promote from within and David Fizdale is TERRIBLE. And two, there's no time left to establish anything. Practice time is limited during the season and the season is already half over. There's literally no time left to implement anything new.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are now in a desperate spiraling circle of decline because their mentality of trading their young assets for presumed better players has them depleted of options, loss of draft capital into the foreseeable future, and a belief that someone better is out there who can change the present mess.

Apparently Pelinka and others in the Lakers braintrust believe they must make a trade before the approaching deadline to so-called "improve" there lot at it presently stands. With these erroneous beliefs, Pelinka and the FO are missing the real solution which would be to go with their present roster of players AND HC, keep their present young core intact, continue to play the season through to develop them further, put-off any further trades unless it involves moving Westbrook, Jordon, Bazemore, and maybe Ellington, and implement a soft rebuilding effort that the young core can facilitate by adding effective pieces later.

They appear desperate because they are fueled by a "win-now" belief and pursuit when this is the elixir that is killing them. One of the things the Icon always did wherever he went to build another championship was to stop this mentality and begin to build by keeping young, talented, defensive-minded players. Right now all the Lakers are doing is sacrificing their assets necessary to build that success in the hopes of adding "win-now" pieces. This is the real problem and this is what is killing them.

This is article is the gist of what is not necessary at this time. If the game against the Jazz proved anything, the better course of action is to keep THT, Monk, and other young, defensive-minded, productive young core players and sacrifice the mentality that we have to win now at all costs!

you get a massive amount of good with LeBron- but the bad is that he takes control of the roster and makes a team push in all their chips to "win now".

he then sticks around for about 4 or so years until the team is drained of young talent and assets and moves on.

its deal most teams, if not all- would gladly make- but it makes for a painful rebuild at some point. It is a lot of fun while it lasts- but at some point it also getsa little joyless during the regular season.

Lakers best hope is RW comes around- they hit on more guys like Monk, Johnson, Reaves- and then when RW comes off the books- they re-sign LeBron, and have the cap space to get another guy to add to him and AD- who hopefully gets heathy and is still a dominant player.

Even when AD was healthy earlier this season he was not playing great- but it was a smallish sample size.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendrick Perkins was spot on for saying KD & the bearded one are soft for not calling out the flat earther/anti vaxxer nutcase on their team.

#RightOnPerk&CarryTheHellOn.

:clap::thumb::nod:

Calling him out for what? The vaccine convo is now in the same category as religion convo. They're not the vaccine police so why should they force their friend to do something he doesn't want to? I have friends who don't plan on getting the vaccine. You think im going to jeopardize a friendship to push the vaccine on them?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a short clip on sportscenter a couple of minutes ago about Kyrie. He was asked about his vaccine status. And said he doesn't want to bring science into the topic. He's put himself above the organization and his teammates. Proof he thinks he's more important than anyone else.
But, he's not weird?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Kyrie, he was chilling enjoying life then the Nets got on their knees and begged him to return. We should be looking at the Nets crazy and not Kyrie. He was totally fine with his decision and willing to sit out the season. Had he begged to return then I would understand your comment. They begged him to return so why I don't get why anyone would think his stance on the vaccine would change.
If he feels that strongly about his decision….retire. He can always return when this passes.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he feels that strongly about his decision….retire. He can always return when this passes.

Once again he stayed 10 toes down and willing to sit out the season. The nets came begging him to return. We need to stop acting like Kyrie is the one who begged to return. Had that been the case then i would be on your side that he should be vaccinated

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again he stayed 10 toes down and willing to sit out the season. The nets came begging him to return. We need to stop acting like Kyrie is the one who begged to return. Had that been the case then i would be on your side that he should be vaccinated
I never once said he begged to return. I said he had a choice and he is not backing down, that’s fine. HE IS MAKING MONEY for doing nothing lol. Like cmon man, enough is enough.
You do realize only one person in this sport is making this an issue…it’s Kyrie. That is no coincidence. You need to stop defending this dumbass. Yes he has choices but if he feels that strongly…retire. You are taking money for free. This is also the guy that decided to take time off bc he felt like it. If he didn’t have the reputation he does, it wouldn’t be a big deal.
Give it a rest.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never once said he begged to return. I said he had a choice and he is not backing down, that’s fine. HE IS MAKING MONEY for doing nothing lol. Like cmon man, enough is enough.
You do realize only one person in this sport is making this an issue…it’s Kyrie. That is no coincidence. You need to stop defending this dumbass. Yes he has choices but if he feels that strongly…retire. You are taking money for free. This is also the guy that decided to take time off bc he felt like it. If he didn’t have the reputation he does, it wouldn’t be a big deal.
Give it a rest.

I doubt kyrie is the only one making this an issue. Im pretty certain that there are other players not vaccinated. The number is likely very small but you are fooling yourself if you think kyrie is the only unvaccinated player. If he was, this would have been reported already. The biggest issue with kyrie is he plays on one of the 4 teams in the league where a vaccine is mandated to play at home due to city/country requirements. There are 26 other teams where he would have been eligible to play most of the season. At minimum he would have been eligible to play in 78 of 82 games

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give it a rest.

Kyrie is crazy and selfish. I agree he should end it and get vaxxed.

But the “retire” stance is a bit much.

The Nets are okay with the current situation and they will be title favorites once they get him full time, 1 way or another. Pretty sure they don’t want him to retire.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is crazy and selfish. I agree he should end it and get vaxxed.

But the “retire” stance is a bit much.

The Nets are okay with the current situation and they will be title favorites once they get him full time, 1 way or another. Pretty sure they don’t want him to retire.
Top 3 contender without him, top with him but I'm not convinced he is back full time. Obviously the only way that happens if Brooklyn pays the fines. I'm done talking about this guy though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn is that impressive. Have the Cavs had any nationally televised game yet? Seems like they have all been on league pass.
One I believe so far. They play on NBATV in a couple days vs OKC. They get another one vs Toronto after a reschedule!! LOL It was 1 or 2 before the reschedule but I can't blame them. They were projected 24-25 wins