• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. It’s their pathway to competing for a championship. Do you even sports? In every major league you see guys who have sexually assaulted women, beaten women, driven drunk, etc…teams still sign those guys if they make their team better. They bite the PR bullet because everybody forgets when they win. And now we’re talking about something like vaxx or not vaxx? I think your projection is absurd. I don’t know when it will kick in but the only way Irving misses a playoff game is if he is injured. Nets wouldn’t batt an eyelash at paying those fines.

Exactly.

Teams have employed convicted felons and Antonio Brown to win games. And their fans tend to support those decisions when the guy can play.

It gets much worse.

Who cares if they get some flak from non-basketball fans.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

You are a fool if you think they won’t ever pay this fine.

Maybe Kyrie gets the jab and makes it all moot.

But they are accountable to the stars in the locker room first and foremost.

How do you think KD responds when they lose in the playoffs with Kyrie only playing road games?

Besides, the law is an arbitrary one. It is inconsistent with the laws in other NBA cities and only randomly affects a few teams.

I am as pro vax as it gets, and I think the Nets would be stupid to not pay the fine.
if you think they are more accountable "to the stars in the locker room" then the league office you are certifiably an idiot.

but- time will prove it. No way they pay the fine. It wont happen. If it was even a possibility it would have already happened.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. It’s their pathway to competing for a championship. Do you even sports? In every major league you see guys who have sexually assaulted women, beaten women, driven drunk, etc…teams still sign those guys if they make their team better. They bite the PR bullet because everybody forgets when they win. And now we’re talking about something like vaxx or not vaxx? I think your projection is absurd. I don’t know when it will kick in but the only way Irving misses a playoff game is if he is injured. Nets wouldn’t batt an eyelash at paying those fines.
hey- I agree- if it was an option for them- competitively they should do it.

But they wont. There is a bigger picture.

The fines are nothing money-wise. There is a reason they have nt done it yet- and that is because of A. the league office, B. the precedent it would set, and C. it would be a PR nightmare.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a first and a young player for 1 and a half years of Caris LeVert?

yah no thanks.

I cant imagine that Orlando would say no to a high 2nd round pick or two for Ross. HE is not as talented as LeVert but I like the fit and I like that he is a long time vet.

Ross is the guy I would target- unless the Rockets really wanted to get rid of Gordon's deal for next year- in that case just trade Rubio's expiring and other stuff. DEFINITELY not a first rounder for Gordon though.

It is insane- but I have seen rumbles about Kyrie Irving- the Cavs are actually the highest odds for a trade for him- which I dont know how that is even a conversation.

It is fairly intriguing.

what would you think about a Kyrie deal? What would the cost be?

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Giannis and Middleton were up around the same time on Thursday when they were killing the Warriors.

19 is a big lead but 3 quick 3's and it is down to a 11 or so with nearly 3-4 minutes left.

There is a difference between a 14 win garbage OKC team and GS

3 quick 3's with your team scoring nothing seems unlikely against OKCc one of the worst 3 point shooting teams in the league. If that happened they could always put Lebron back in the game, right?

Statistically teams average about 28 points a quarter so it's very unlikely they score 19 in 5 minutes with your team scoring 0. If LA team cant win up 19 against OKC with 5 minutes left i don't know what to say...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
imagine the NBA trying to sell paying Irving's fine

the story would be how the rich guys in the NBA are circumventing the law because they have a ton of money. The league would get blasted. It would be national news. It will never happen.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you think they are more accountable "to the stars in the locker room" then the league office you are certifiably an idiot.

but- time will prove it. No way they pay the fine. It wont happen. If it was even a possibility it would have already happened.

You are such an ass.

And wrong.

Why would the league office step in here?

There are like 4 NBA cities that have vaccine mandates affecting their players.

Silver has said he wasn’t going to interfere in any way with local legislation.

Now the local legislation provides a loophole for Kyrie to play.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Kyrie/Garland back court could definitely work.
You are such an ass.

And wrong.

oh we will see. I can ballpark a % that it will happen.

0%.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is January 17th, over half the season is complete, the Cleveland Cavaliers have lost Ricky Rubio and Colin Sexton for the season, and they are 2.5 games out of 1st place in the conference. They have surpassed their win total from last year.

Are they, or the Griz the biggest surprise team in the NBA? I would say the Cavs are more of a shock, due to everyone thinking they would almost assuredly be a bottom 5 team. Griz always had Ja who is now in year 4.

I figured they had 1 more season left in the lottery. Apparently, the players decided they'd rather go to the playoffs. Good on them.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are such an ass.

And wrong.

A vaccine mandate makes little sense, since every player keeps getting covid anyways.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is January 17th, over half the season is complete, the Cleveland Cavaliers have lost Ricky Rubio and Colin Sexton for the season, and they are 2.5 games out of 1st place in the conference. They have surpassed their win total from last year.

Are they, or the Griz the biggest surprise team in the NBA? I would say the Cavs are more of a shock, due to everyone thinking they would almost assuredly be a bottom 5 team. Griz always had Ja who is now in year 4.
It's gotta be Cleveland and that takes nothing away from what Memphis has done this year. They are definitely more of a contender right now than Cleveland but CLE is more of a surprise.

Cleveland projected win 24.5 - 26 wins
Memphis projected win 40.5 - 30 wins

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers have a promising young player in THT and a 2027(?) first round draft pick.

Unfortunately for them, other teams have young players that are more promising and draft picks that the Pacers could use sooner.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A vaccine mandate makes little sense, since every player keeps getting covid anyways.

As we get through the winter months, mandates will be viewed by the general public as less and less necessary.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Kyrie/Garland back court could definitely work.

oh we will see. I can ballpark a % that it will happen.

0%.

Care to wager your other testicle on that?

0%, should be safe!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who actually gets fined? The player or the team?

If it is the player, then I'm not sure the league would allow the team to pay it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a first and a young player for 1 and a half years of Caris LeVert?

yah no thanks.

I cant imagine that Orlando would say no to a high 2nd round pick or two for Ross. HE is not as talented as LeVert but I like the fit and I like that he is a long time vet.

Ross is the guy I would target- unless the Rockets really wanted to get rid of Gordon's deal for next year- in that case just trade Rubio's expiring and other stuff. DEFINITELY not a first rounder for Gordon though.

It is insane- but I have seen rumbles about Kyrie Irving- the Cavs are actually the highest odds for a trade for him- which I dont know how that is even a conversation.

It is fairly intriguing.

what would you think about a Kyrie deal? What would the cost be?
I'm not sure if a Kyrie deal is realistic but I am 0% interested bc of Garland and bc Kyrie is not a good locker room guy. Garland is already a better distributor than Kyrie, obviously Kyrie might be the most talented PG in the NBA offensively but huge contract and not worth it especially when the Cavs already have their future PG

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it is the player, then I'm not sure the league would allow the team to pay it.
It's the team but if I were the team I would pay the fine and deduct it from the players' salary as a mutual compromise LOL. That will never happen and it probably shouldn't happen anyway but screw Kyrie!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if a Kyrie deal is realistic but I am 0% interested bc of Garland and bc Kyrie is not a good locker room guy. Garland is already a better distributor than Kyrie, obviously Kyrie might be the most talented PG in the NBA offensively but huge contract and not worth it especially when the Cavs already have their future PG

Kyrie would ruin the Cavs.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure. Assumed it was the employer

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the team but if I were the team I would pay the fine and deduct it from the players' salary as a mutual compromise LOL. That will never happen and it probably shouldn't happen anyway but screw Kyrie!

If it's the team, then I would guess that they will pay it, but not until closer to the playoffs. By then, people will likely be less worried and there will be less pushback.