• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might sound a little crazy…

But is Steph Curry a modern day Bill Russell in terms of team impact?

Think about it.

There is no way he can pass muster when comparing him to the top guards on the GOAT list as an individual player. He just can’t do as many things well as a guy like Kobe could.

BUT…

In an era where we are spending a lot of time talking about how difficult it is to play with some of the games biggest stars, Steph is the opposite of that.

He shares the ball, he is unassuming and humble, doesn’t mind sharing, or even giving up the spotlight.

And his teammates are just always a lot better when he is out on the floor with them.

If LeBron is the generation’s Wilt, then maybe Curry is Russell.

And it is okay to slide him up the all time list a little higher than what the eye test might say because of it.

Kind of like with Russell.
once you used the phrase "pass muster" i could not possibly keep reading and respect myself.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he averaged almost 39 minutes a game in the last 8 games too which is insanely high. 39 minutes a night is easily the most in the league.

not good if you are riding LeBron like that in December. If you play him 39 minutes a night he is going to put up a lot of stats- but it means the rest of the team is letting you down. LeBron will be 37 next week.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ready!!!!!

Drinking a Yuengling Black and Tan (have some regular ones and some Golden Pilsners in the fridge) and I smell home-made chicken noodle soup cooking.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad.

Good looking out, Wamupedia.

I stay away from Wilt and Russell.

Never saw them play and I tend to devalue heir accomplishments because of it.

I got Bill as he GREATEST WINNER of all times.

But, it's hard for me to put him ahead of players like The Dream.

Would Bill be a David Robinson, Ben Wallace or Nerlens Noel if he played today?

* please don't kill me for the Nerlens suggestion *

...and it's impossible for me to understand how Wilt could have possibly been more dominant than non-lazy Shaq.

According to most, he was.
Bill Russell?

definitely Nerleans Noel. lol. Not a doubt.

the "greatest dynasty" was done in a 12 team league with Russel facing a bunch of 6'4" white guys that get their ass whooped at the local YMCA pickup game the night before. lol.

i'd take Russell over Ira Newble

if Ira Newble had a badly sprained ankle. lol.

id take Bill Russell over Eric Snow

if Eric Snow lost 2 fingers (on his shooting hand) in a cooking accident

I'd take Bill Russell over Andrew DeClerq

If Andrew DeClerq got kicked in the head by a horse and never totally regained his faculties.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he averaged almost 39 minutes a game in the last 8 games too which is insanely high. 39 minutes a night is easily the most in the league.

not good if you are riding LeBron like that in December. If you play him 39 minutes a night he is going to put up a lot of stats- but it means the rest of the team is letting you down. LeBron will be 37 next week.
You might have a point if he had played in all their games, but he has played in just 16.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going to respect yourself and accept the bet?
what would your guess be since after I offered it- and in the time that you avoided it- 17 players are now on the Covid list, including 11 starters, the QB and the head coach? lol.

hitting the sauce early?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what would your guess be since after I offered it- and in the time that you avoided it- 17 players are now on the Covid list, including 11 starters, the QB and the head coach? lol.

hitting the sauce early?
I wanted to see what the line was going to be and created it last night.....before the shit hit the fan today.

But, if the roles were reversed.....you'd want me to take it.....LOL.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The city is packed for the Lakers game. Haven’t seen it this crowded since I moved here. A lot of Laker fans lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"As far as we can tell, a proposal of Westbrook for Love and Rubio has not been discussed."

So basically, Lakers never even hinted at this yet you're using some weird BS report to jerk off to?

I'm sure nobody has discussed a 4 team, Westbrook for Doncic, Giannis and KD trade either. Want to take a guess why?

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 22,735.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"As far as we can tell, a proposal of Westbrook for Love and Rubio has not been discussed."

So basically, Lakers never even hinted at this yet you're using some weird BS report to jerk off to?

I'm sure nobody has discussed a 4 team, Westbrook for Doncic, Giannis and KD trade either. Want to take a guess why?
Pretty much.