• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they played bad and lost. Makes sense lol. I would like to say they did a good job staying in the game but Garland was awful and they missed too many open shots. Wasn’t their night
Right.....some of those shots in the last 4-6 minutes were not even close.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One tweak the Lakers can make right away is pick-up some cheap young defensive players that will improve the defense almost immediately. They can start with James Ennis who remains unsigned and has been screaming in public for the Lakers to sign him. Won't cost the Lakers much.

Also here are three scenario trades just with Indiana that this article suggests that would bring in a young defender. I like the third option because it would move some dead weight (Bazemore and Bradley) and cost us a second rounder in two years.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chauncey going to be fire in the off-season.

How many HOF caliber players have been successful coaches? Only one I can think of is Lenny Wilkins. I think most top tier NBA players aren't good coaches because they had the intangibles that lead them to be successful that many can't replicate. They don't see the game the same way.
with his domestic abuse history he should have never been hired in the first place

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the better scenarios the Lakers have been implicated being a part of is a three-team deal. The Lakers send Westbrook and that awful contract to Philadelphia. Philadelphia sends Ben Simmons to Sacramento and Sacramento sends the Lakers Hield and Barnes. Sacramento can then send Simmons to Portland where he can play with his buddy Lillard. The rest of that last trade can be worked out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the better scenarios the Lakers have been implicated being a part of is a three-team deal. The Lakers send Westbrook and that awful contract to Philadelphia. Philadelphia sends Ben Simmons to Sacramento and Sacramento sends the Lakers Hield and Barnes. Sacramento can then send Simmons to Portland where he can play with his buddy Lillard. The rest of that last trade can be worked out.

I saw that the other day. Couldn't figure out why the Sixers would want Westbrook.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJF12, I think the Sixers just want the headache, Ben Simmons gone and they are willing to take a guy like Westbrook to facilitate moving Simmons. They can always turn around and send Westbrook somewhere else which they would probably do.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJF12, I think the Sixers just want the headache, Ben Simmons gone and they are willing to take a guy like Westbrook to facilitate moving Simmons. They can always turn around and send Westbrook somewhere else which they probably will do.

I mean, at least Westbrook will play and play hard. But that's seems like an awful lot of money for a guy who wouldn't really fit and they may not be able to move.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJF12, I think the Sixers just want the headache, Ben Simmons gone and they are willing to take a guy like Westbrook to facilitate moving Simmons. They can always turn around and send Westbrook somewhere else which they would probably do.

On second thought, I can see how he might fit with Embiid. I still don't see them doing it. But the fit might be better than I initially thought.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The three-team deal option is still out there and now that Simmons has officially demanded a trade and is applying pressure on the Sixers organization, we shall see how things develop especially if the Lakers don't solve some of their Westbrook "problems" after the holidays. Then you'll have two disgruntled organizations wanting to rid themselves of their past mistakes.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The three-team deal option is still out there and now that Simmons has officially demanded a trade and is applying pressure on the Sixers organization, we shall see how things develop especially if the Lakers don't solve some of their Westbrook "problems" after the holidays. Then you'll have two disgruntled organizations wanting to rid themselves of their past mistakes.
Lakers are not getting rid of the contract.
They wanted him. They're stuck with him