• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your Knicks gonna do with Kemba?
Your guess is as good as mine...but if I had my druthers he'd be playing, that's for sure...either off the bench in some games +/or starting in some others. I really saw no need for Thibs to boldly announce he was being removed from the rotation altogether. I know they've been disappointing and underperforming, but to single out Kemba as the cause, was wrong and a bad look for the team...and it's backfired. I was initially okay with him being replaced in the starting lineup, but to not give him any run whatsoever to me was/is dumb. We don't have that kind of depth or luxury right now.
Players need to play to work through their slumps. To his credit though, Kemba's been a good trooper about it.
Hopefully Thibs has a change of heart before they sink deeper...but he can be a stubborn SOB....so we'll see.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Gordon? GL with that LOL

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn!

The Wire Reaction GIF

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chauncey going to be fire in the off-season.

How many HOF caliber players have been successful coaches? Only one I can think of is Lenny Wilkins. I think most top tier NBA players aren't good coaches because they had the intangibles that lead them to be successful that many can't replicate. They don't see the game the same way.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many HOF caliber players have been successful coaches? Only one I can think of is Lenny Wilkins. I think most top tier NBA players aren't good coaches because they had the intangibles that lead them to be successful that many can't replicate. They don't see the game the same way.

I remember an interview Magic gave quite a few years ago where he was asked about his coaching experience. He said that the most frustrating part was that he would see where a pass needed to go or what play needed to be made, but his players didn't. He also didn't understand why they didn't seem to take the game as seriously as he did. I remember thinking at the time..."That's because they're not you".

The only other Hall of Fame player that was a good coach was Larry Bird and he only lasted 3 seasons. lol

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember an interview Magic gave quite a few years ago where he was asked about his coaching experience. He said that the most frustrating part was that he would see where a pass needed to go or what play needed to be made, but his players didn't. He also didn't understand why they didn't seem to take the game as seriously as he did. I remember thinking at the time..."That's because they're not you".

The only other Hall of Fame player that was a good coach was Larry Bird and he only lasted 3 seasons. lol

1000% can see that. I think that's why you see a lot of success of role players as coaches because they had to do the little things to be successful. Minor details made a world of difference for them. They had to view the game more strategically because they weren't as gifted as some of the other players on their teams.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Larry Bird was a pretty good coach. But you are correct great players are almost never good coaches. True of baseball and football too

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bill Russell?
Kevin McHale?

Maybe not "HOF caliber" but.....
Phil Jackson
Pat Riley
Jerry Sloan
Don Nelson

Yeah...the list is few and far between.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Russell?
Kevin McHale?

Maybe not "HOF caliber" but.....
Phil Jackson
Pat Riley
Jerry Sloan
Don Nelson

Yeah...the list is few and far between.

Exactly, Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Jerry Sloan and Don Nelson were all fringe/solid role playing NBA Players.

Bill Russell was a player coach and his only real success came when he was actually on those teams. If we take out those two Boston championships he won as a player coach and 3 seasons coaching them while he played, he has a 179-207 record.

McHale probably fits the category of HOF player and good coach.

There are tons of NBA players who have had success at coaching. Aside from Wilkins (and McHale and Russell if you really want to throw them in), none have been from a HOF caliber.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Jerry Sloan and Don Nelson were all fringe/solid role playing NBA Players.

Bill Russell was a player coach and his only real success came when he was actually on those teams. If we take out those two Boston championships he won as a player coach and 3 seasons coaching them while he played, he has a 179-207 record.

McHale probably fits the category of HOF player and good coach.

There are tons of NBA players who have had success at coaching. Aside from Wilkins (and McHale and Russell if you really want to throw them in), none have been from a HOF caliber.
Larry Bird

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. Thanks for the reminder
I'm not a blame the ref guy but have to admit there were a handful of really bad calls in the last 2 close games. Last night was a terrible one that gave them 3 FTs and no idea what they saw on the fould they called on Love where if anything they went over his back. Not sure why we didn't challenge.....though I guess if we did we could not have challenged the one later they called out on LM when it didn't touch him.

Really thought they'd run away with it in the 4th but we hung with them...props to Giannis for hitting 2-3 clutch 3s on shots you'd like to see him take as the opponent.