• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's the Lakers so people always want to overreact.

@tlance is right in that, even if they were fully healthy, it is an ill fitting roster. But that doesn't mean it's a roster that can't work. It means it's a roster that requires Lebron if it's going to work. Defense is going to be a bit of a struggle all season long, so Vogel is going to have to do some of his best scheming.

As I've said, this team is going to be Lebron's biggest challenge as far as making an ill fitting roster work. If he can make it work, I think it has a chance to be really, really good...especially offensively and the Lakers will likely win the title.

If he can't make it work, they'll have to try remake the roster on the fly.

Fit and defense.

Good news is that there is a lot of talent. But teams lacking both fit and defense almost always underachieve.

Vogel is a decent coach. But he isn’t the type of offensive mastermind likely to lead the Lakers through this.

My point all along is that the Lakers will almost surely make some significant changes at some point this season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who can play defense on lakers? Even when completely healthy, that will be their biggest issue. Losing Caruso and KCP hurts more than i thought because they just focused on bringing in guys who can get buckets and never thought of defense

Yep.

And Danny Green also.

They had some really solid perimeter role players on the 2020 team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fit and defense.

Good news is that there is a lot of talent. But teams lacking both fit and defense almost always underachieve.

Vogel is a decent coach. But he isn’t the type of offensive mastermind likely to lead the Lakers through this.

My point all along is that the Lakers will almost surely make some significant changes at some point this season.

They don't need Vogel to be an offensive mastermind, they need him to figure out defensive schemes that will get them to at least the middle of the pack defensively. The offense should be fine once they have everyone available.

I think we all knew what this team would struggle with so it's a safe bet the Lakers did too. I think we also knew that it was unlikely that this team would make it to the playoffs with the roster they started with 100% intact.

As I said yesterday, it's just a matter of whether it will be minor tweaks, a nearly complete remake on the fly, or something in between.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
freaking Cavs finally get a break in the schedule and an easy game.

their schedule has been by far the hardest in the NBA. I saw where the difference between #1 and #2 in winning % played against was bigger than the difference between #2 and #12. Thats pretty crazy.

I gotta say- even short handed in some of those really tough games they still looked pretty decent and stayed in it (GSW, BRK, PHX).

Maybe now that they are mostly healthy (with the exception of Sexton of course) they can get back over .500 a little bit- that is- if they are good. Unfortunately- the schedule is still pretty tough for a few more games with Dallas, Miami, Wash, Utah, Mil, Chi coming up. After that it gets better finally for a while where maybe they can make some hay.

I actually think they are pretty decent. Allen is a good center. Garland is so young but hes developing into a good point guard. Mobley of course is already a good player. Thats 3 pretty good players. Markenen, Rubio, Love all can do some things and are decent. Osman has played well off the bench. Okoro is still kind of a wild card at this point offensively- but is pretty solid defensively.
More tough games coming up…I swear it never ends lol. Their schedule has been ridiculous

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's the Lakers so people always want to overreact.

@tlance is right in that, even if they were fully healthy, it is an ill fitting roster. But that doesn't mean it's a roster that can't work. It means it's a roster that requires Lebron if it's going to work. Defense is going to be a bit of a struggle all season long, so Vogel is going to have to do some of his best scheming.

As I've said, this team is going to be Lebron's biggest challenge as far as making an ill fitting roster work. If he can make it work, I think it has a chance to be really, really good...especially offensively and the Lakers will likely win the title.

If he can't make it work, they'll have to try remake the roster on the fly.
Seeing Lebron play his entire career and the rosters that were constructed around him….this one just doesn’t make sense imo. They are a below average defensive team and West is tough. I’m not sure how they get that much better defensively without making moves. Watching the Suns and Warriors play..they have better shooters and play top tier defense. Sure the Lakers can win more games and get a nice slot going into the playoffs, but I don’t see them as a championship team unless stars get hurt on other top teams. That is rare for me to say bc Lebron is on the team and AD. And it’s not like I dont watch this team play…I have watched more half their games. This isn’t just fixable with time. I’m not saying they are a 1st round out but the goal is a championship and I don’t see it imo

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve already seen them play enough tough games LOL but you are right. More tests is more experience for this young team

And means a light 2nd half schedule. Miami schedule been sick as well. They are done playing west teams away from Miami with the exception of the Pelicans by the first week of January then a stretch where they play 12 of 15 in March at home. Only bad thing for the cavs is a lot of these tough games been at home

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I watched most of the game. Orlando isn’t a very good team lol

No Orlando isn't a good team that's for sure. Gotta say I like AC calling games. And how often does Daugherty call games? Caught a Cavs game last week and he was one of the people calling it.

I think it's kinda weird your Cavs drafted Mobley. I was impressed with him last year and went outta my way to watch USC games just to see him. Was able to catch alotta USC games because of the Pac 12 network.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Orlando isn't a good team that's for sure. Gotta say I like AC calling games. And how often does Daugherty call games? Caught a Cavs game last week and he was one of the people calling it.

I think it's kinda weird your Cavs drafted Mobley. I was impressed with him last year and went outta my way to watch USC games just to see him. Was able to catch alotta USC games because of the Pac 12 network.
Not often. It’s usually Carr and ginger guy, I forget his name. Mobley is already one of the most important players on the team

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing Lebron play his entire career and the rosters that were constructed around him….this one just doesn’t make sense imo. They are a below average defensive team and West is tough. I’m not sure how they get that much better defensively without making moves. Watching the Suns and Warriors play..they have better shooters and play top tier defense. Sure the Lakers can win more games and get a nice slot going into the playoffs, but I don’t see them as a championship team unless stars get hurt on other top teams. That is rare for me to say bc Lebron is on the team and AD. And it’s not like I dont watch this team play…I have watched more half their games. This isn’t just fixable with time. I’m not saying they are a 1st round out but the goal is a championship and I don’t see it imo

Agree.

Right now they are bad defensively and average offensively.

To be a contender, they would have to be at least average defensively and elite offensively.

I don’t see it.

Trades are coming.

LeBron and AD plus role players are enough to contend. But they need the right ones because LeBron is no longer that dude who can carry a roster.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

Right now they are bad defensively and average offensively.

To be a contender, they would have to be at least average defensively and elite offensively.

I don’t see it.

Trades are coming.

LeBron and AD plus role players are enough to contend. But they need the right ones because LeBron is no longer that dude who can carry a roster.
I think they are stuck with RW, not sure how they would trade him if that’s your thinking…a move like that could happen but in the offseason imo

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a team with better wins than Miami?

Home wins against Utah and Milwaukee
Road wins in Brooklyn, Utah, Dallas, and Chicago

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not often. It’s usually Carr and ginger guy, I forget his name. Mobley is already one of the most important players on the team

I see no reason why Mobley won't be the cornerstone of the franchise for years to come. And the scary thing is he's a kid. His game will just keep improving.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly embarrassing. I smell a 2018 cavs like overhaul for the lakers at the deadline if they dont pick it up the next 2 months and pick it up, i mean play like 10 games over .500 basketball
Who do they have that anybody wants?!?!? And they’re all vet minimums so what value actually comes back in a deal?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do they have that anybody wants?!?!? And they’re all vet minimums so what value actually comes back in a deal?

THT and expiring contracts. Remember THT is the reason they dont have Lowry now

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know what your 76ers can do with Simmons for the rest of the season. Loan him to the Cavs since their starting PG C. Sexton is out for the remainder of the year with a knee injury.

Cavs pick up the rest of his salary for this season then return him to Philly when the season ends. What do you think of that idea? :heh:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what your 76ers can do with Simmons for the rest of the season. Loan him to the Cavs since their starting PG C. Sexton is out for the remainder of the year with a knee injury.

Cavs pick up the rest of his salary for this season then return him to Philly when the season ends. What do you think of that idea? :heh:
I think Kevin Love smokes pole.