• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Vogels inconsistency that has frustrated me. Are they starting AD at the 5 or not? And if they are, don't change the lineup after three games.

Of course the lineup is going to change. First of all, AD agreed to play the 5 more, he didn't agree to play the 5 exclusively. That's why they got Dwight and DJ. Even after they have everything figured out, it's unlikely that AD will start at the 5 every game. Those starts will be matchup driven. It's going to change more now because it's early in the season and they're still figuring all that out.

And why is he taking a time-out after five minutes of the game starting when the Lakers have the lead, nobody is hurt and the other team isn't exactly going on a run? I get they're old as shit but five minutes in?!?

Haven't really seen that. So it's not happening a lot. Coaches will call quick timeouts if they see something they don't like and want to take care of it before it turns into a run.

For example, maybe they decided they were going to defend a certain way or run the offense at a certain pace and he sees right away that it isn't going to work, so he calls timeout to change that.

Could also be that despite having a lead, they still aren't following the game plan. So he needs to address it. Its basically another symptom of having a bunch of new faces and missing pieces.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suggest firing Vogel and replacing him with Luke Walton.

I feel kind of bad for Luke.

First he gets "Dave Blatted" by the Lakers, then he goes to a franchise that gives him an ill fitting roster and then wonders why he isn't winning titles.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First he gets "Dave Blatted" by the Lakers, then he goes to a franchise that gives him an ill fitting roster and then wonders why he isn't winning titles.

He looked like a great coach while taking over the Warriors in Kerr's absence. Not so good after that though.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked like a great coach while taking over the Warriors in Kerr's absence. Not so good after that though.

To be fair, you or I would look great coaching the Warriors. lol

He was doing fine with the Lakers and the plan of him growing and developing with his roster...then the opportunity to get Lebron happened and Luke just didn't have the experience to lead what was going to become an increasingly veteran team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't really seen that. So it's not happening a lot. Coaches will call quick timeouts if they see something they don't like and want to take care of it before it turns into a run.

For example, maybe they decided they were going to defend a certain way or run the offense at a certain pace and he sees right away that it isn't going to work, so he calls timeout to change that.

Could also be that despite having a lead, they still aren't following the game plan. So he needs to address it. Its basically another symptom of having a bunch of new faces and missing pieces.

Watch the game tonight. If by some miracle the Lakers happen to have a lead, just watch Vogel call a T.O. at around the 5/6 minute mark.

Almost guaranteed

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he is a shitty coach. Only got a job because he was the man "in charge" when steve kerr had health issues. I think most of us would do fine coaching steph, klay, kd, draymond, and etc. He probably told them "do what you do" then next thing you know he is some must get coach

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the game tonight. If by some miracle the Lakers happen to have a lead, just watch Vogel call a T.O. at around the 5/6 minute mark.

Almost guaranteed

I don't watch the lakers much but it sounds like he trying to buy some more rest for the guys

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 5 minutes though?

I know the team is old as fuck, but damn!

There's automatic timeouts following 7 and 3 minute mark in the first i believe. Calling your own timeout btwn the 3 and 7 min timeout give them a little more rest so it somewhat makes sense if that's what he been doing

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the Cavs get the hottest team in the NBA. Brutal schedule keeps on giving. Hoping they keep it close for a half

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is a shitty coach. Only got a job because he was the man "in charge" when steve kerr had health issues. I think most of us would do fine coaching steph, klay, kd, draymond, and etc. He probably told them "do what you do" then next thing you know he is some must get coach

lol

Actually, it's not why he got the job. Yes, he got some attention from that, but the Lakers were already familiar with him. They hired him because they wanted a young coach to work and grow with their young roster. They were doing fine and improving, but then the Lakers got Lebron and there was no Pat Riley to protect him like Spo had when folks, including you, wanted him gone.

No one knows yet if Luke is a good coach or not.

Getting an HC job before he should have doesn't make him a shitty coach. No coach is winning with what he was handed.

I'm not saying Luke is some great coach...but he hasn't exactly been given winning rosters since he left GS.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know everyone is pumped about the Jazz coming to the OKC tonight. SGA out again. Any of you that do the daily fantasy thing you might give Jerimah Robinson Earl a look. He has been playing a lot of munutes and is providing consistent value.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Celtics going to eventually tell Kanter to shut up?