• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though he’s wearing a different uni now, it was still good to see Melo back in MSG.
The guy couldn’t buy a basket though, especially in the 4th qtr and he was getting some good looks but they just didn’t drop ( thankfully lol )
Knicks bench players were crucial down the stretch to help secure the win.
Fournier also had a good game for NY.

Friday will be more challenging for Thibs’ crew as the Suns will be in town. They might be bringing a 14 game winning streak in with them depending on how their matchup goes tonight in Cleveland.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron can now see Father Time in the rear view mirror. One thing I'd like to see him do is cut down on his minute per game. Maybe that would help him stay a little healthier throughout the season?

Without him your Lakers are probably just a .500 team or a little better. With him gotta chance to return to the Finals. He's the most complete NBAer I've ever seen. And not only has he lived up to all the hype, he's surpassed it.

Lakers are missing him of course, as well as three rotational players that would ease his minutes and/or his usage rate. Ariza would either start along side Lebron or take some of his minutes in relief and help defensively either way, even if he's well past his prime. Reeves was carving out a point role for himself prior to his injury in underdog Caruso fashion. Nunn will fit into this somehow when he's healthy too. Once they're all healthy, they'll go through all these growing pains again as they learn to play together in constantly changing roles. This season is bound to stay a mess, just hope they get things rolling in time to make and be strong in the postseason.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what, they’re gonna be tough.
And as good as the Dubs have been playing so far, Phoenix is right there with them just 1 game behind.

I just hope the Bockers can play well enough to keep it competitive and close, and without getting embarrassed.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though he’s wearing a different uni now, it was still good to see Melo back in MSG.
The guy couldn’t buy a basket though, especially in the 4th qtr and he was getting some good looks but they just didn’t drop ( thankfully lol )
Knicks bench players were crucial down the stretch to help secure the win.
Fournier also had a good game for NY.

Friday will be more challenging for Thibs’ crew as the Suns will be in town. They might be bringing a 14 game winning streak in with them depending on how their matchup goes tonight in Cleveland.

Speaking of Melo what's weird is I've seen him play live in HS (against LeBron) and saw him live when he was with the Nuggets.

Funny Melo story. When he was no longer a Nugget he called Denver a cow town. Then years later he ended up with the Thunder. If Denver's a cow town what does that make OKC?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are missing him of course, as well as three rotational players that would ease his minutes and/or his usage rate. Ariza would either start along side Lebron or take some of his minutes in relief and help defensively either way, even if he's well past his prime. Reeves was carving out a point role for himself prior to his injury in underdog Caruso fashion. Nunn will fit into this somehow when he's healthy too. Once they're all healthy, they'll go through all these growing pains again as they learn to play together in constantly changing roles. This season is bound to stay a mess, just hope they get things rolling in time to make and be strong in the postseason.

Didn't realize your Lakers were down players other than LeBron. Injuries are such a pain in the ass.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize your Lakers were down players other than LeBron. Injuries are such a pain in the ass.

They just got THT back a week ago and he was immediately thrust into a starting role at SF after playing mostly PG last year (although I think he's a better fit at SF IMO). He's got the potential to be an Iggy type player.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,780.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Melo what's weird is I've seen him play live in HS (against LeBron) and saw him live when he was with the Nuggets.

Funny Melo story. When he was no longer a Nugget he called Denver a cow town. Then years later he ended up with the Thunder. If Denver's a cow town what does that make OKC?
a 2 horse town?
:D

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just got THT back a week ago and he was immediately thrust into a starting role at SF after playing mostly PG last year (although I think he's a better fit at SF IMO). He's got the potential to be an Iggy type player.

He's an important player for the team right? I've seen some Lakers games this short season so far, but not many. This is the first time I've had NBA league pass, really like it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an important player for the team right? I've seen some Lakers games this short season so far, but not many. This is the first time I've had NBA league pass, really like it.

He's a 2nd round pick from a few years ago, still only 20. Lebron was a big supporter in picking him, so he's been largely protected from trade talk.

I'm sorry you had to see any Laker games this season, lol. They've been painful to watch (well, for a Laker fan anyway) for the most part. I had to turn the game off for the second quarter last night, came back to it after halftime.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a 2nd round pick from a few years ago, still only 20. Lebron was a big supporter in picking him, so he's been largely protected from trade talk.

I'm sorry you had to see any Laker games this season, lol. They've been painful to watch (well, for a Laker fan anyway) for the most part. I had to turn the game off for the second quarter last night, came back to it after halftime.

I have always liked watching the best the league has to offer no matter who they play for. Back in the day during Celtics/Lakers games I kept getting in trouble with my folks for cussing at Magic during games. He'll always be one of my favorite players of all time. Always loved his enthusiasm and true love of the game. He just played for the wrong damn team. :heh:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always liked watching the best the league has to offer no matter who they play for. Back in the day during Celtics/Lakers games I kept getting in trouble with my folks for cussing at Magic during games. He'll always be one of my favorite players of all time. Always loved his enthusiasm and true love of the game. He just played for the wrong damn team. :heh:

Magic is the reason I became a Lakers fan (and started following the NBA). Odd that a Western NY kid grew up to be a fan of 3 LA franchises (the Dodgers fandom was via my father and grandfather, originating with Brooklyn I imagine). Each team for a different reason (got interested in the Rams during their playoff push to their first Super Bowl vs the Steelers).

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fugly
So far, what I have seen and heard is a team with very little chemistry if any - Obviously trading for Westbrook was a disaster. The Lakers should have re-signed Caruso and traded for someone like Buddy Held -They tried to buy a guaranteed super-team and it back fired. I think they will be lucky to make the playoffs and will be a first round exit if they make it that far

Reason: Everyone is making excuses for their failures after each game - they play like crap, they work together like crap and some of those players don't care - I like what Carmelo Anthony has done this year - But it is still in the back of my mind that he made everyone else worse for his own stats, so I think the Lakers need to start thinking about trading Westbrook when they are allowed to try to get younger

This season is most likely lost - Hoping I am wrong

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He showed up and played hard, just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last night.
The problem is - it's a different player or players during each game that can't do or don't do their job properly - they suck

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, what I have seen and heard is a team with very little chemistry if any - Obviously trading for Westbrook was a disaster. The Lakers should have re-signed Caruso and traded for someone like Buddy Held -They tried to buy a guaranteed super-team and it back fired. I think they will be lucky to make the playoffs and will be a first round exit if they make it that far

Reason: Everyone is making excuses for their failures after each game - they play like crap, they work together like crap and some of those players don't care - I like what Carmelo Anthony has done this year - But it is still in the back of my mind that he made everyone else worse for his own stats, so I think the Lakers need to start thinking about trading Westbrook when they are allowed to try to get younger

This season is most likely lost - Hoping I am wrong

There's only 63 games left...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only 63 games left...

Damn. That's 63 games Lakers fans need to suffer through unless they get their shit together.

They lose to Indy and/or Detroit and they have my full blessing to kick Vogel the fuck out. I like the guy (despite his frustrating time out routines) but he doesn't seem to have any discipline on the team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. That's 63 games Lakers fans need to suffer through unless they get their shit together.

They lose to Indy and/or Detroit and they have my full blessing to kick Vogel the fuck out. I like the guy (despite his frustrating time out routines) but he doesn't seem to have any discipline on the team.

lol

Folks calling for Vogels head are waaaaaay off base.

The Lakers have 12 players on the team that were not on the team last year. They have been without Lebron and at least 3 other players who are expected to be a big part of the rotation for most or all of the games played so far.

They're just trying to get from game to game and get what they have available somewhat familiar with each other at this point and will be having to do it again when the injured players get back. They don't have rotations set and they don't know which player groups perform best together.

Add to that the fact that the team is built completely around Lebron (as it should be) and he's been out, there isn't coach in the league who would be doing much, if any, better and several would be worse.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Folks calling for Vogels head are waaaaaay off base.

The Lakers have 12 players on the team that were not on the team last year. They have been without Lebron and at least 3 other players who are expected to be a big part of the rotation for most or all of the games played so far.

They're just trying to get from game to game and get what they have available somewhat familiar with each other at this point and will be having to do it again when the injured players get back. They don't have rotations set and they don't know which player groups perform best together.

Add to that the fact that the team is built completely around Lebron (as it should be) and he's been out, there isn't coach in the league who would be doing much, if any, better and several would be worse.

I understand there have been adjustments. I understand the majority of the team is new and I understand there have been some significant injuries.

It's Vogels inconsistency that has frustrated me. Are they starting AD at the 5 or not? And if they are, don't change the lineup after three games.

And why is he taking a time-out after five minutes of the game starting when the Lakers have the lead, nobody is hurt and the other team isn't exactly going on a run? I get they're old as shit but five minutes in?!?