• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers D looked alright to me last night.

The first quarter and a half or so, was pretty bad. But they played good defense after that. Thought they kind of ran out of gas at the end of the game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first quarter and a half or so, was pretty bad. But they played good defense after that. Thought they kind of ran out of gas at the end of the game.

That game showed just how important LeBron is. I think the Lakers leave the Garden with a W had he played.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 143,961.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ can do a little better than 6 turnovers but he played about as well as the Lakers could ever hope last night.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ can do a little better than 6 turnovers but he played about as well as the Lakers could ever hope last night.

Yeah if THT bothered to show up last night then that's likely a lakers win

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game showed just how important LeBron is. I think the Lakers leave the Garden with a W had he played.

Yeah, I forget which show I heard it on, but they said something that made a lot of sense. They said the team is set up to be run by Lebron. So, they're going to struggle to some extent any time he's unavailable.

The problem with him missing so many games so early is you have guys who aren't used to playing together trying to run offensive and defensive systems without the person who's supposed to be "quarterbacking" those systems. Later in the season, if Lebron has to miss some games, they should be able to get by without him against most teams. But not when they're still trying to learn to play together.

Even though Lebron isn't near the defender he used to be, he still "qb's" the defense because he has such a high basketball iq that he's responsible for making sure everyone is in the right place and playing the right defense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. He may be starting to get things figured out with his teammates.

Based on what I've seen, I'll take 6 turnovers from Russ just about any game. lol

Especially since, if memory serves, 3 or 4 of them were early in the game and he played fairly clean game the rest of the way.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I forget which show I heard it on, but they said something that made a lot of sense. They said the team is set up to be run by Lebron. So, they're going to struggle to some extent any time he's unavailable.

The problem with him missing so many games so early is you have guys who aren't used to playing together trying to run offensive and defensive systems without the person who's supposed to be "quarterbacking" those systems. Later in the season, if Lebron has to miss some games, they should be able to get by without him against most teams. But not when they're still trying to learn to play together.

Even though Lebron isn't near the defender he used to be, he still "qb's" the defense because he has such a high basketball iq that he's responsible for making sure everyone is in the right place and playing the right defense.

LeBron can now see Father Time in the rear view mirror. One thing I'd like to see him do is cut down on his minute per game. Maybe that would help him stay a little healthier throughout the season?

Without him your Lakers are probably just a .500 team or a little better. With him gotta chance to return to the Finals. He's the most complete NBAer I've ever seen. And not only has he lived up to all the hype, he's surpassed it.