• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least $35M in salaries is a good starting point, including at least one of their young stars.
The best they are getting is Sexton, so if you consider Sexton a young star, sure.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best they are getting is Sexton, so if you consider Sexton a young star, sure.

The pieces around Sexton would have to be significantly better then, along with more draft capital. Lebron just had an MVP level season, just didn't have the support to make that season matter. There's no reason that Cleveland would be the only team interested (and Lebron obviously has his eyes elsewhere as well).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pieces around Sexton would have to be significantly better then, along with more draft capital. Lebron just had an MVP level season, just didn't have the support to make that season matter. There's no reason that Cleveland would be the only team interested (and Lebron obviously has his eyes elsewhere as well).
Sure, LA isn't giving him up for scraps and the Cavs could not get Lebron the next offseason in FA unless they don't sign Sexton to an extension. If the Cavs wanted Lebron it would have to be this offseason but Lebron has the leverage. There would only be a handful teams that he would be interested in and some of those teams would not have a better package (I'm guessing).

Sexton, Okoro and LeVert or Markkannen + picks. I would try to keep Markkannen in the deal.

Who could take on Lebron, have enough assets for LA to agree and Lebron would actually want to go there to play? Not many.

List of teams Lebron would go to and they COULD trade for him. GS, CLE, PHI, MIA

That's about it and I doubt Miami would trade for him at this point, same with Philly. I don't think Lebron gets traded but the Lakers would not have the leverage and they would have to go with Lebron's wishes. It's either accept a deal or lose him for nothing in FA.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, LA isn't giving him up for scraps and the Cavs could not get Lebron the next offseason in FA unless they don't sign Sexton to an extension. If the Cavs wanted Lebron it would have to be this offseason but Lebron has the leverage. There would only be a handful teams that he would be interested in and some of those teams would not have a better package (I'm guessing).

Sexton, Okoro and LeVert or Markkannen + picks. I would try to keep Markkannen in the deal.

Who could take on Lebron, have enough assets for LA to agree and Lebron would actually want to go there to play? Not many.

List of teams Lebron would go to and they COULD trade for him. GS, CLE, PHI, MIA

That's about it and I doubt Miami would trade for him at this point, same with Philly. I don't think Lebron gets traded but the Lakers would not have the leverage and they would have to go with Lebron's wishes. It's either accept a deal or lose him for nothing in FA.

They will be offering him a 2 year $97M extension this summer, so if accepted that FA threat fades.

As far as his interests, he has recently said he Luka and Steph would be great to play with. Of course, that doesn't mean a hell of a lot. The Warriors don't need him and already have huge luxury tax ramifications to extend Poole. The Mavs don't have much around Luka of worth to trade.

Sexton has stated he wants to return to Cleveland, wonder if that's mutual given his likely cap number. Cavs are at the cap already without him, so he's not hurting their chances to add someone else, just pushing them past that luxury tax threshold (along with an anticipated MLE signing).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be offering him a 2 year $97M extension this summer, so if accepted that FA threat fades.

As far as his interests, he has recently said he Luka and Steph would be great to play with. Of course, that doesn't mean a hell of a lot. The Warriors don't need him and already have huge luxury tax ramifications to extend Poole. The Mavs don't have much around Luka of worth to trade.

Sexton has stated he wants to return to Cleveland, wonder if that's mutual given his likely cap number. Cavs are at the cap already without him, so he's not hurting their chances to add someone else, just pushing them past that luxury tax threshold (along with an anticipated MLE signing).
I'm sure Sexton will be on the team next season barring a crazy trade for an upgrade, not likely. If the Lakers do trade RW, Lebron is definitely not going anywhere but again, don't see him leaving.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Sexton will be on the team next season barring a crazy trade for an upgrade, not likely. If the Lakers do trade RW, Lebron is definitely not going anywhere but again, don't see him leaving.

Even if they don't trade Westbrook, I think Lebron comes back because Westbrook will be gone after next season.

Bill Simmons had an interesting take. He said something along the lines of, the Lakers will "John Wall" Westbrook until close to the trade deadline when they will be able to find a team looking to blow it up and be willing to take on Westbrooks salary for half a season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they don't trade Westbrook, I think Lebron comes back because Westbrook will be gone after next season.

Bill Simmons had an interesting take. He said something along the lines of, the Lakers will "John Wall" Westbrook until close to the trade deadline when they will be able to find a team looking to blow it up and be willing to take on Westbrooks salary for half a season.
Why would Westbrook not want to play basketball?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that was a mutual decision. Maybe I’m mistaken.

Yeah, I'm not sure on that either. I just know that part of the reason that the Westbrook/Wall trade was even discussed was that Wall wanted to play.

Maybe it was that they agreed that he wouldn't play while they tried to find a trade partner?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not sure on that either. I just know that part of the reason that the Westbrook/Wall trade was even discussed was that Wall wanted to play.

Maybe it was that they agreed that he wouldn't play while they tried to find a trade partner?
If there is any level of dependency on cooperation I can’t see Russ agreeing to not play basketball and if he does, he’s going to tell the world he’s been wronged and that he’s been told to stay away.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Wall hasn't played more than 40 games in 6 years

Wowsers