• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont you think Sexton is a lot like Monk? Or are you saying they let Sexton go because he will want to much $ and sign Monk?

Sexton is def. the better player.

Most about cost savings

But I would move sexton to make sure you have the cap space tk make an impact move in 2023

Even if it’s just to add pick ammo for a big trade where you don’t decimate the roster to make the move

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it will depend on their options. Its no use in even guessing where the Lakers go. No one beside THT and AD are on the books after next year.

Would they let LeBron go and sign someone else to a max? I dont know. Someone is going to give LeBron a max if he really wants it- that much is sure. If the Lakers dont have any better options- I gotta think they do it too. Do they trade AD? Trade LEBron? let him walk?

I dont think we can say for certain that after next year even 1 Lakers player is still on the roster
The Lakers fans here (god there are so many) seem pretty interested in letting him go after next year and using all that cap space to build around AD. I very much doubt they re-sign LeBron for max money.

But assuming they do let him go, it does make a lot of sense for him to come back to the Cavs for $20 mil or whatever.

@The Q any idea who the big FAs are after NEXT season?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most about cost savings

But I would move sexton to make sure you have the cap space tk make an impact move in 2023

Even if it’s just to add pick ammo for a big trade where you don’t decimate the roster to make the move
the Cavs core is def. Garland, Mobley, Allen, Markkanen, Okoro. Those 5.

even with Garland at the baby max (which is 25%- or about 30M a year).....they would have some cap room after next year if they dont sign Sexton....let Sexton, Love, LeVert, Cedi walk.

itll be interesting to see.

Its a good, young, fun core though.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...Wiggins is off the books after next year, maybe the Warriors bring him in...I'd love that shit.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers fans here (god there are so many) seem pretty interested in letting him go after next year and using all that cap space to build around AD. I very much doubt they re-sign LeBron for max money.

But assuming they do let him go, it does make a lot of sense for him to come back to the Cavs for $20 mil or whatever.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...Wiggins is off the books after next year, maybe the Warriors bring him in...I'd love that shit.
Dray, Klay, Curry alone are an outrageous amount is the problem.

just Klay and Curry is like 88 million. Drays 26 puts them only like 10M short of the cap if the cap is about 125 or so.

honestly- you could prob. trade Wiggins, Kuminga and assets for LeBron. I dont know how the Lakers would say no. You cant resign poole anyway most likely. Wiggins, Kuminga, Poole and a pick or two?--- at the end of the day it really comes down to just trading Kuminga.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess it just matters if you want to go for it in Currys last great years. You add LeBron, and hope Klay can get back to better form.

Curry, Klay, LeBron, Dray could be title favorites for 2-3 years. Giving up Kuminga, wiseman and poole to get that done might not be a terrible idea. @msgkings322

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dray, Klay, Curry alone are an outrageous amount is the problem.

just Klay and Curry is like 88 million. Drays 26 puts them only like 10M short of the cap if the cap is about 125 or so.

honestly- you could prob. trade Wiggins, Kuminga and assets for LeBron. I dont know how the Lakers would say no. You cant resign poole anyway most likely. Wiggins, Kuminga, Poole and a pick or two?--- at the end of the day it really comes down to just trading Kuminga.
Sure but I'd rather keep the young core than trade for LeBron I was just musing about signing him to a mid size deal with Wiggins off the books. That year is a player option for Draymond, I assume he'll exercise it but maybe they trade him for picks to free up more cash.

Much more likely he signs with a team like the Cavs.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess it just matters if you want to go for it in Currys last great years. You add LeBron, and hope Klay can get back to better form.

Curry, Klay, LeBron, Dray could be title favorites for 2-3 years. Giving up Kuminga, wiseman and poole to get that done might not be a terrible idea. @msgkings322
Yeah but then you are totally screwed after, whereas now you can see a new core emerging. And that's probably too many cooks in the kitchen, you'd have to get rid of Draymond and I don't see it.

No lock of course but the Ws are likely only true contenders with this core for the next 2 years max. After that the hope is Kuminga, Moody, Poole, and Wiseman are the new core. Save your bullshit about Wiseman, we already know your take on him, which will be wrong as all your other takes.

Who knows.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want the Cavs to make the playoffs---- no doubt......a series against the HEat or Celtics would give them some good experience going forward---- but a silver lining of keeping their pick 1 more year and using it to package with Sexton or LeVert or both is kind of intriguing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but then you are totally screwed after, whereas now you can see a new core emerging. And that's probably too many cooks in the kitchen, you'd have to get rid of Draymond and I don't see it.

No lock of course but the Ws are likely only true contenders with this core for the next 2 years max. After that the hope is Kuminga, Moody, Poole, and Wiseman are the new core. Save your bullshit about Wiseman, we already know your take on him, which will be wrong as all your other takes.

Who knows.
isnt poole a free agent now? You have no cap room. I think all you have is the mini-mid level to resign him. That seems rather unlikely.

Wiseman is a bust. You know it- I know it- everyone does. You just gotta hope he can become a solid rotation player at this point. Some bigs just can never get/stay healthy too.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isnt poole a free agent now? You have no cap room. I think all you have is the mini-mid level to resign him. That seems rather unlikely.

Wiseman is a bust. You know it- I know it- everyone does. You just gotta hope he can become a solid rotation player at this point. Some bigs just can never get/stay healthy too.

They’ll have bird rights on Poole. Unless they jalen smith’d him

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn’t the biggest fan of wiseman.

I Would’ve turned him Into like an Evan turner

Because you’re trying to win now.

I get the future considerations. But what are the odds he’s that much better than turner to give up your best shots the next 2 years?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not even close to a bust. We literally don't know. If he doesn't get healthy then he's a bust. We don't know yet.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything depends on what he wants more than anything. If he wants back, he'll be back. If he's even close to this year's production, he'll get the money he wants. Lakers can't expect to draw other free agents if they let Lebron go when he is still so effective. If they want to shed more salary, they would need to look at moving AD (if Lebron approves, of course). The idea of major cap space after next season is a mirage. If they get it, they're actually in worse shape IMO, because that means no Lebron. Shedding Westbrook's salary but keeping Lebron and AD puts them at around $100M for 3 players (if THT opts in at $11M) plus cap holds for a lot of empty roster spots.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Poole is under contract for one more season, followed by a qualifying offer. They may look to extend him this summer however, rumors of 4/$80M.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything depends on what he wants more than anything. If he wants back, he'll be back. If he's even close to this year's production, he'll get the money he wants. Lakers can't expect to draw other free agents if they let Lebron go when he is still so effective. If they want to shed more salary, they would need to look at moving AD (if Lebron approves, of course). The idea of major cap space after next season is a mirage. If they get it, they're actually in worse shape IMO, because that means no Lebron. Shedding Westbrook's salary but keeping Lebron and AD puts them at around $100M for 3 players (if THT opts in at $11M) plus cap holds for a lot of empty roster spots.
Let him go and sign Jokic!